Author Topic: Last man standing / Arena/ Battle mode  (Read 2253 times)

jaketonic

I think it could be funny if there be something like Last man standing/ Battle arena or battle mode. I Mean Demolition Derby, and once you're wrecked, you're wrecked, No respawns. Something like in Dirt Showdown Rampage mode.

NeatNit

This is obviously going to be included... It was in every Flatout game.

RacerBest

Would be cool to have one derby arena, that is surrounded by crushers like in the latest car damage video, so you have to be careful because instead of hitting a wall at the edge of the arena, you would get crushed in a crusher.  ;D

Purple44

Would be cool to have one derby arena, that is surrounded by crushers like in the latest car damage video, so you have to be careful because instead of hitting a wall at the edge of the arena, you would get crushed in a crusher.  ;D

Like this idea. Hit someone hard enough, they go flying into a crushers.

What happens if you miss and you go into crusher before you can brake your car!! Oops!!  :o
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Purple44

Hmm, this could work for a King of the Roof or Hill derby pit. You get knock off the roof or hill, your car get grounded up in a crusher.  ;D  ;D

Mopower

Just want a square or oval mud track that's not too large. Maybe like Utah derby sized. Maybe 2/3rds the size of a rugby pitch. About 70 meters long and 50 meters wide?

Hallzy

I love this idea of having hazards within the arena that you could use to take out other vehicles.  I think that could make for some great laughs.

But I'd also like the option just to have a standard bowl where it's just one massive pile-up, in the traditional Destruction Derby way.

A hot-potato/bomb mode could be an idea as well.  One player starts with the bomb and he passes it over to another car when he collides with it.  And if you're unfortunate enough to be near the car with the bomb when it timer goes off, it takes you with it in a massive fireball explosion.  Would be a great showcase for the impressive destruction/damage model shown in the videos too.

Tonza

Hmm, this could work for a King of the Roof or Hill derby pit. You get knock off the roof or hill, your car get grounded up in a crusher.  ;D  ;D

Nice ideas!

AutoAssassin11

This is something test drive eve of destruction excelled at and dirt showdown lacked. It takes all the fun out of it if you keep spawning. There's no skill and technique to keep your car running, just repetitive spawning. I agree in that it should be a last car standing type deal and I'd you dont hit someone within 30 seconds you'll be timed out...but if your car gets destroyed, I don't want it to explode, i like looking at my mangled car

Purple44

This is something test drive eve of destruction excelled at and dirt showdown lacked. It takes all the fun out of it if you keep spawning. There's no skill and technique to keep your car running, just repetitive spawning. I agree in that it should be a last car standing type deal and I'd you dont hit someone within 30 seconds you'll be timed out...but if your car gets destroyed, I don't want it to explode, i like looking at my mangled car

Disagree about a 30 second contact timer. Flatout 2 had 45 second timer and I have found myself many of times almost running out of time to hit someone when you get down just a few players left in a derby.

I think the 45 second contact timer workout well for FO2. Along with having to score points. You had to be an aggressive derby player to win. No hiding and saving your car and then in the end take out who left, to win derby. Like what happen in Flatout 1.

And if you are derbying with friends, I would not mine bumping contact timer up to 60 seconds. If my grand nieces and nephews are playing, they need more like 120 seconds.  ;)

Good thing with the community mod, I can bump the contact timer up abit when needed.