Author Topic: Enter/Backspace doing the wrong thing during MP chat  (Read 468 times)

MamieNova

The chat focus sometimes fails to properly send messages or delete last character when pressing Enter or Backspace. It instead readies/unreadies or opens the leaderboards
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 01:54:31 PM by Janne Suur-Näkki »
Words are ones' power and others' last resort.
----
Asus X99 Deluxe, 6-cores i7-5930k@3.5Ghz,
DDR4 16GB@3.2Ghz, Poseidon GTX980,
Windows 10 x64
----
alternate :  Asus ROG G750JX-T4279H
----
Shameless boasting ^^ :
- Thermaltake Level 10 Titanium Edition
- Harman Kardon GLA-55

BenDover

It always happen to me :/
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

Tonza

Yeah it's quite annoying. I can chat fine in lobbies but while spectating, Enter keeps bringing the results up

Finsku

Started to happen me after last hotfix (2). Strange is that it happens sometimes, not all the time.

Janne Suur-Näkki

It's probably because we fixed a bug related to Spectate and Leaderboards buttons that made the keyboard shortcuts for them not work.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

Janne Suur-Näkki

We can't repro the ready state issue in Lobby, if the chat is in focus (you can see the cursor) it seems to work as designed and the state is not changing.

Any specific steps?
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

MamieNova

It might involve mixing controller/keyboard input. I don't have much time to game these days so I can't go and check right now, but I'd expect something like "ready using A on my xbox 360 ctl" and in some weird cases, the enter/backspace will trigger at all time instead of "when not writing text".
Whenever I get to play some more, I'll keep an eye out for that (if no one has been able to isolate it until then).

Possible leads (from memory) :
- start typing text, press ready button on controller
- start typing text, server changes track during that

both of these did happen yesterday, mixed with some cases where clicking on it was the only way to get ready (neither controller's nor keyboard's hotkeys would do their job, occasionally)

I will empathise, because I would hate debugging code hunting for this kind of bug XD
Words are ones' power and others' last resort.
----
Asus X99 Deluxe, 6-cores i7-5930k@3.5Ghz,
DDR4 16GB@3.2Ghz, Poseidon GTX980,
Windows 10 x64
----
alternate :  Asus ROG G750JX-T4279H
----
Shameless boasting ^^ :
- Thermaltake Level 10 Titanium Edition
- Harman Kardon GLA-55

Janne Suur-Näkki

Thanks :) That's how tried too, mixing controllers, but still no luck in getting a repro. It's easy to not notice the focus is not in the chat, though, so that might be the cause.

In any case the more severe issue in the Results screen will be fixed in the next hotfix.