Author Topic: Where the H*** did Tarmac 3 Mixed track go in June Build?  (Read 2078 times)

Purple44

I was online tonight, I ask Race to switch to Tarmac 3 Mixed, track changes but it the main Tarmac 3 track, I mention that to Race and he says Mixed not there!   :o

I went offline to check for myself since I could not believe Bugbear would leave out the new Mixed version of Tarmac 3. And I found out it not there!!!!!!!!!!!!  :o :o :o :o

I go looking for Tarmac 3 track folder and find out Bugbear has rearrange the track folders ( CFodder going need to make a new track list for the server software so the guys can rotate the tracks online ). Had to startup Bagedit and go look at the evse file for Tarmac 3 Bugbear Entertainment\data\art\levels\forest\forest04_1

There no forest04_2 version for the Mixed track.  :(

This a very popular track online. Track can be race on clean side or it can get rough and tumble out there depending on the guys in the lobby.

Edit: fixed video - Tarmac 3 Mixed at 11:30:

http://youtu.be/8E3nPd5lSiM?t=690

So Bugbear, is the missing Tarmac 3 Mixed track an OOPS for June Build or has Bugbear decided to drop the Mixed track from Wreckfest??
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 02:48:50 PM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Finsku

Yeah, looks like Tarmac 3 Mixed is missing. I hope it will be back with Flatout-ish street maintenance  :P

Janne Suur-Näkki

The video seems like its from the main layout of Tarmac 3.

Mixed layout was scrapped since we need to allocate our resources, as you know the track was in early stages and finalizing it would have required a lot of time and effort.

Purple44

The video seems like its from the main layout of Tarmac 3.

Mixed layout was scrapped since we need to allocate our resources, as you know the track was in early stages and finalizing it would have required a lot of time and effort.

Thanks for reply Janne. Track was fine the way it is, don't need any more dressing, but I understand. A lot us online don't need the eye candy, just fun track to race on!!  :P

Janne, would it be OK for me to add old Tarmac 1, Tarmac 3 mixed, old Sandpit 1 and the old Gravel 1 track( if I get it working with new Build ) to my Gokart mod? Please.  :)

Janne Suur-Näkki

Sure you can add them, no problem :)

Yes I definitely understand what you mean regarding the track from the visual point of view, but given that we're looking for a broad audience on both PC and consoles just making track playable is not going to cut it, the tracks need to be detailed and visually impressive and that takes time. Even the more polished tracks that we have now will need quite a bit of additional work so you can see how we need to be very selective before committing.

The Very End

I'm going off topic as usual, but you mentioned a prototype mixed 6 track that still was in the work and might not be added at all. Is this the Lyngås track you guys also briefly mentioned above half a year ago?
Just curious if it was the same thing, and how things progressed with that / those :)

Janne Suur-Näkki

Not sure what this is but surely it's not based on Lyngås :D

The Very End

Nono, this track, tarmac 3 I presume is Vålerbanen. However, someone mentioned elsewhere that there is no mixed 6 track AND before you lot mentioned that there was a prototype of Lyngåsbanen - just wondered if there was a connection here or if that prototype was scraped earlier ;)

Janne Suur-Näkki

Sorry, with my "this track" above I was referring to Mixed 6 - it's nothing like Lyngås.

I think we had a rough sketch of Lyngås too at some point to test gameplay and handling but I don't think we've kept it.

The Very End

Thanks for info - it's just fun discussing these things, altho I know everything is up to change!
Speaking of Mixed 6 - what is it then? ;)

Purple44

Not sure what this is but surely it's not based on Lyngås :D

Posts about Mixed 6:

Was it intentional that the game has a Mixed 7 track but no Mixed 6 in the track list?

rhamm, yes - Mixed 6 is a proxy track we have internally. The names of the tracks will be changed later on so it's only temporary.

Will this Mixed 6 track be the last track added to Wreckfest? Since it seem Bugbear got a lot of work ahead if they are going to dress up these tracks more and get a final release version out by Dec.

TheEngiGuy

Will this Mixed 6 track be the last track added to Wreckfest? Since it seem Bugbear got a lot of work ahead if they are going to dress up these tracks more and get a final release version out by Dec.

Don't forget about the Tour of Destruction track set!

Purple44

Don't forget about the Tour of Destruction track set!

Why would I have to add the Tour of Destruction? That track still be there if I load the Gokart mod? ( but might do a figure 8 version  ;D or suicide loop at one end ).

With the Gokart mod, I want to add some extra stuff, like tracks Bugbear has deleted!! And 5 car wide starts, forward and reverse on Mixed 1. :)

So when I host GoKart mod, I will have some tracks we not use racing on when hosting stock Wreckfest.  :D

I also should make a new Tarmac 3 track. There were a few suggestions in this pic:

All the Banes and main track are raced in real life.

So a lot of alternate routes are available and then some more.

Bane 3 look interesting. :)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 04:54:18 PM by Purple44 »

Purple44

Janne, can I place a bug in your ear?  ;)

Tarmac 3 Mixed track was very popular track online to race, with clean racers and rough racers. :D

I like to suggest that when Bugbear does the expansion pack for Wreckfest someday, Bugbear bring back Tarmac 3 Mixed track and add it to the expansion pack, so all can race this fun track again. :)

To dress up the tarmac track, suggest you turn Tarmac 3 into an abandon race track. Place some falling apart builds\ bleachers, broken fences, piles of old tires, weeds growing through the track and maybe add a pothole to avoid.

Then won't need spectators or railings! Maybe a few well place rocks to detour corner cutting, thou.  :P

Hope Bugbear will take suggestion under advisement.

Tarmac 3 Mixed at 11:30:

http://youtu.be/8E3nPd5lSiM?t=690

Purple44

Look like Bugbear letting Tarmac 3 go to pot already!!   ;)  The gokart track has been taken over with weeds!   :o

Had go grab my April Build Tarmac 3 ( valer.scne ) file to get a Tarmac 3 without the weeds.