Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
News / Re: April Update – Let's Hear Your Opinion!
« Last post by Mopower on Today at 10:52:42 AM »
People have been complaining about the sound of the Roadcutter. I would say that it sounds pretty good at lower rpms as you have a lot of intake noise. At higher revs it sounds funny though.

Did you know that the 440's distributor is actually towards the front and passenger side of the engine? Right behind the Alternator.

« Last post by TH8 on Today at 10:16:37 AM »
All in all a great Sim / Game...
Not a fan of the 'Vignetting' on my 'Triple Screens'...can this be turned off?...I had a look in the settings but could not find anything.
Not a fan of the almost 'Instant Reset back on the Track'...in Single Player as sometimes I just like to roam around, have a look, then re-join the race...LOL
...keep up the great work.
General Discussion / Re: last wishes before final version
« Last post by Snek on Today at 09:03:40 AM »
Snow tracks
Buses
Vans
Non-bendable driver
Driver animations
« Last post by GittyRivers on Today at 06:49:53 AM »
Hey thank all your hard work on the new update, but I was just in career mode one thing very noticeable to me is that all the AI's cars whichever they are driving are the same, meaning, you got 7 cars all red with 700 on the side all the trucks same paint logos all the cars of same make have same color and designs. Before the update, they had all different colors designs and logos, made them look more individual. I was in the second set of career mode. 
« Last post by Speedevil on Today at 03:58:15 AM »
I don't think a mini map is needed. There aren't that many tracks so you're going to know all of them really fast.
« Last post by NicoP on Today at 03:29:54 AM »
Really good to see the AI actually trying to ram you off the road now... BUUUUT the problem I've been having with their side-swipes is that there's no weight to them, so they usually just spin out and I'm usually un-phased. They should have enough momentum to throw players off the track, regardless of car size. I know AI is a pain the ass to program, but if there's a way to make the AI weight more balanced to player's, it would be a lot fairer.

i hope jane read this, its true they have no weight
« Last post by KingOfTheCakes on Today at 01:51:06 AM »

On the question of easily being able to see where the tracks go, I think a mini map would be a good thing unless more props and boundary objects are placed on corners etc, which could ruin the grass-roots feel of some tracks. In general the UI is looking a lot better than when I last played though, it feels more clean. A scroll bar slider when chosing between the track and car lists would save a lot of clicks and be a nice addition too.

I'd be okay with a map providing it's optional and other players aren't marked on it. It would ruin the tensity of fig-8 racing if players could see if a car's crossing. :/
« Last post by Snek on Today at 01:49:07 AM »
Tristar fenders are broken:

http://prntscr.com/j81m5p
« Last post by KingOfTheCakes on Today at 01:39:35 AM »
Really good to see the AI actually trying to ram you off the road now... BUUUUT the problem I've been having with their side-swipes is that there's no weight to them, so they usually just spin out and I'm usually un-phased. They should have enough momentum to throw players off the track, regardless of car size. I know AI is a pain the ass to program, but if there's a way to make the AI weight more balanced to player's, it would be a lot fairer.

Also, I think what would really effect the AI's competitiveness is if they had better car specs when racing. Right now, there's only a handful of drivers that run max spec cars for their classes, I think there needs to be more of these faster cars racing to make things much more interesting.

Besides these faults, I really appreciate that single player is getting more tweaks now. :D I am slightly sad that the Gremlin is no longer a grunty V6 anymore however.
Bug Reports / Vignetting broke triple screen
« Last post by vveyro on Today at 12:58:01 AM »
The new Vignetting PP effect goes totally haywire with 5760 x 1080 resolution. Basically covering most of the side screens in pitch black. General rule for simracing is to never use Vignetting in multi-screen setups, even when it doesn't create this severe effects. So there should be an option to disable it, probably also individual option to disable sharpening. Although I kinda liked how sharpening looked. But the Vignetting makes playing on triple screen setups virtually impossible right now.

You do test the game on a Triple Screen setup too? Because you should, many many sim racers have those.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10