Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Modding / Re: Mod Development Screenshots
« Last post by The Very End on Today at 09:52:38 PM »
Thanks for ideas! And yes, small controll posts / checkpoint posts is what I think I will add.
Yeah, the idea came from Steam forum, but it's basically an open "world" thing, where you have to pass checkpoints through a desert which also features some palm areas to cross. Of course the AI will know where to go, but it's better than nothing.
Player-Run Events / Re: Nascar League!
« Last post by BenDover on Today at 09:50:56 PM »
IMPORTANT!!!!: Today 20/08 2018 Due to the lack of sign ups for the event I will cancel it today. We have 6 confirmed drivers within almost 2 weeks and with 1 week to go I dont see we get over half the grid ready. The strawpoll seemed promising with over 30+ pressed yes but there was not even half of them that signed up to this. It can be becuse of timezones (EU/US) but if someone wanna try hosting US times feel free to do so. The ping can be a problem for some doe.

I wanna thank everyone who signed up for the event and it might be an event in the furture, I mostly did it too marketing the mod so it could get some hype but the playerbase seems to grow without it becuse I see more and more players on almost each day! It could be that the time was just wrong for the event do :)

Maybe if can find an east coast server to host Nascar mod, maybe most players can get a good enough PING to race online? Euro and US players.

Maybe that could work :D It would be good for everyone if that was possible :)
General Discussion / Re: Dear Wreckfest
« Last post by Purple44 on Today at 09:39:04 PM »
Will have to convince publisher THQ.  I would think the pricing of Wreckfest is out of Bugbear hands now.
« Last post by Purple44 on Today at 09:35:52 PM »
Progress is slow due to the master (school) taking a bit of time nowdays. But I'll try to get some hours done here and there. Changed the concept a bit, now there is a green area at top of the plateau as well as a little city, desert area in the mid and green area transition to ocean at lowest (right side) of the map. Then it is a matter of carving out a route out of it, which should have some sort of indicators to help players undersanding where to go without making it a traditional track. Maybe playing around with some concrete elements and a small crowd area (some cars, tents and some humans) at the checkpoint locations.

Oh, and size is about 4km or so.

Maybe use the staff objects, with the staff on top a concrete or wood stand, to help mark things?
Player-Run Events / Re: Nascar League!
« Last post by Purple44 on Today at 09:32:15 PM »
IMPORTANT!!!!: Today 20/08 2018 Due to the lack of sign ups for the event I will cancel it today. We have 6 confirmed drivers within almost 2 weeks and with 1 week to go I dont see we get over half the grid ready. The strawpoll seemed promising with over 30+ pressed yes but there was not even half of them that signed up to this. It can be becuse of timezones (EU/US) but if someone wanna try hosting US times feel free to do so. The ping can be a problem for some doe.

I wanna thank everyone who signed up for the event and it might be an event in the furture, I mostly did it too marketing the mod so it could get some hype but the playerbase seems to grow without it becuse I see more and more players on almost each day! It could be that the time was just wrong for the event do :)

Maybe if can find an east coast server to host Nascar mod, maybe most players can get a good enough PING to race online? Euro and US players.
« Last post by Caley19 on Today at 09:04:54 PM »
Progress is slow due to the master (school) taking a bit of time nowdays. But I'll try to get some hours done here and there. Changed the concept a bit, now there is a green area at top of the plateau as well as a little city, desert area in the mid and green area transition to ocean at lowest (right side) of the map. Then it is a matter of carving out a route out of it, which should have some sort of indicators to help players undersanding where to go without making it a traditional track. Maybe playing around with some concrete elements and a small crowd area (some cars, tents and some humans) at the checkpoint locations.

Do I understand correctly that this new track/map of yours is meant to be more like open-world kind of concept located in some "more tropical" area including beaches, city and off-road desert areas?
If so I'm already giving you an award for the best modded track idea.

I always wanted an open world track for Wreckfest where you can free-roam the hell out of it 8)
« Last post by The Very End on Today at 05:44:32 PM »

« Last post by Dalags on Today at 05:00:22 PM »
Anybody know if it's possible to use some of the lower LOD versions of the vehicles in the game as background scenery objects? None of the files in the art>objects folder are racecars (only passenger vehicles essentially). That works great for a parking lot, but since the ovals I'm working on are so close to the pits (and sometimes go through it), I'd love to add some racecars to the trailers and pit stalls. I don't care if they're just boxes as far as collision goes. I looked into maybe grabbing some free race car models and adding them myself, but that's a lot of extra work for not that much benefit. If it's possible to just use a lower LOD version of the cars in the game, that'd be perfect.
The vehicles don't use .scne files, so I don't think you could use them as background scenery without some reverse engineering.
There are (or were) some .scnes which contained racecars being worked on though, jacked up under tents. No idea of the file name, which tracks they're used on, or if they're still there though!
Modding / Re: Cars flying upwards on wall
« Last post by Dalags on Today at 04:47:53 PM »
Thanks guys! Both #concrete_barrier and #global_barrier resolve the flying issue, although they don't have collision sound effects.
I've found #metal_barrier ignores tyre collisions too, and has a collision soundeffect, so I've gone with that one.
General Discussion / Dear Wreckfest
« Last post by SpruceMoosey on Today at 04:37:13 PM »
Your game is too expensive, and its killing us.

I love the game, its amazing, but its near on impossible to get people to play a game like this at this price point.

Make it 20 bucks, sell 6 times as many copies, Profit.

Simples!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10