Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Modding / Re: Anybody out there want to make some 3D Bugbear icons?
« Last post by Purple44 on Today at 04:17:33 PM »
Hi MarcellusW. If it in a 3D shape, I think I will be happy. :)
« Last post by MarcellusW on Today at 04:06:45 PM »
As a side project I 'm playing around with your request.  ; )

However, I'm unsure if you want it like in Tads picture or in a more 3d like way, like an egg ? ( my approach is the latter )
General Discussion / Re: Wreckfest Video Thread
« Last post by Foster on Today at 02:18:06 PM »
Alright, added a new variant, the High Banked Oval!

Also fixed a few texture issues, and removed some tire objects from the figure 8 courses, which should (hopefully?) get rid of some pretty bad performance issues myself and a friend had.

Mod Share / Re: Petaluma Speedway (4 Track Variants)
« Last post by KillerAJD on Today at 04:50:44 AM »
Wait, I think I may have got it. It looks to be an issue with the 4th checkpoint for the main route. I removed that and now I don't get a wrong way error when using the alternate route, and it increases the lap counter. Now lets test with AI...

Alright, tested with AI. They still just drive the outside line. Back to messing with things! No crashes, and I can drive the alternate route at least, so I think I'm in the right direction.

In a bit of an unrelated question, do either of you know how to change the position/direction of the camera right after the track loads? I finally figured out how to manually add track side cameras, but I don't know how to do the camera before the event menu shows up (I think it's called the pre-race camera?).
Wait, I think I figured this one out myself. Not sure why the resultcamera and resultcamera_target didn't work for me previously, but it looks like it is now.
Player-Run Events / Re: Euro Three Way Multiclass Endurance!
« Last post by Daystar on Today at 02:49:09 AM »
And the winner was? did anyone make a video of the event?
« Last post by KillerAJD on Today at 02:42:55 AM »
Alright, got the alternate route inserted, and it doesn't crash! However, the alternate checkpoint still points the wrong way in the dev view, and if I try to take the alternate route, it tells me to reset and doesn't count the lap. The main route still works fine. One thing I do notice is that if I show just the alternate route sectors in dev view, the starting and ending alternate sectors are crossed up, but in 3ds max, they are fine. If that's the problem, not sure how to fix that. And I haven't done a thorough reading of the material you two posted, so maybe my answers are in there.

Here are some photos (linked because they are quite large):

edit:fixed image size formatting ~sam223
« Last post by KillerAJD on Today at 01:32:48 AM »
Your work around should work, and I use it a lot; Just have one sector which is not overlapping, all the others can be on top of each other's.
Gotcha, I'll have to give it a try then.

We use have to have checkpoints gate ends outside of aisector walls. But now I seeing Bugbear use a checkpoint gate that shorter that fits inside an aisector.

So in this pic, could shorten checkpoint gate so it inside the light blue aisector wall?

Also be careful where you place your checkpoints. Looking where you got that checkpoint, would think it be easy for a player to mess checkpoint if player go wide before crossing checkpoint. Might be better if checkpoint is closer to where a player enter the turn using alt route?

Interesting, I'll need to play around with it. And will do on the checkpoint position. That makes a ton of sense. I'm thinking I may put just one solid object right at the start point of the splitting paths, so the AI/Players HAVE to make a choice. That will hopefully give me enough space to put checkpoints for both routes, and if I overlap the following route sectors, should give me what I'm looking for.

Also, is it OK to manually add edges to the routes to increase the amount of verts I have to play with? Or do I need to create a new route from scratch with the amount of sectors/edges that I need? Also, can I just clone the existing routes, delete the polys I don't need and then go from there?
« Last post by Purple44 on Today at 12:11:59 AM »
Nobody out there interested in making some 3D Bugbear icons?
Player-Run Events / Re: Nascar League!
« Last post by BenDover on August 13, 2018, 11:38:39 PM »
Hi!

Is there all races in same weekend?

Yes :) I have not time to set it up so its over more weekends and ppl seems to want some sorf of a league :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10