Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Modding / Re: Custom Skins Thread
« Last post by sam223 on Today at 05:00:03 PM »
Looks good,easy yea?
I don't think you'll get coloured rims working with in game shaders. I tried before mapping them to the #body texture. But the material used for rims makes them work,meaning if you assign #car_body (in game paint system) to rims,they no longer rotate.

You should be fine with parts,128 is the new max (up from 64 custom visual parts per car). And if you want to be super safe then include body.vhcl and body_meta.vhcm in your mod. Then when the model gets updated eventually you can decide whether you want to include the extra visual parts or not without losing your work.
Modding / Re: Custom Skins Thread
« Last post by TT on Today at 04:41:55 PM »
First,  I made selectable colored rims for the Rammer RS to see what that would look like.

I think that I can get the textures a little better.

Then, I put the Speedbird (01 American) rims on the Starbeast to see how that would look.

I'm painting some colored versions of the rims from the Speedbird and Starbeast so that I can check them out on the Rammers.

I might see if there is a way to get the rim textures from some unused spot on the body skin. That way the default wheel would already have the correct color. The problem with that is that any unused space might get used up by Bugbear for new custom parts.
News / Re: December Update
« Last post by Daystar on Today at 01:33:17 PM »
Ok here is another example of the term Beached. "Oh crap! I got my ladies car beached at the beach today!" "Guess I will go back up the street to the bar...."

General Discussion / Re: What are we working on?
« Last post by Purple44 on Today at 01:16:14 PM »
Will there be some update soon?

There was just an update at the end of December. I don't expect another update until release or close to release.

I'm expecting at least one more Build release before final version get release. Dec Build and the hotfixes got Wreckfest closer to be ready for prime time, but there a lot of suggestions and bug fixes that will need at least one more testing by the community.
General Discussion / Re: Worth a watch (videos)
« Last post by TheEngiGuy on Today at 11:31:45 AM »
« Last post by CFodder on Today at 09:43:29 AM »
We usually just refer to it as "@!#* I'm stuck"!!!
« Last post by Zebulon55 on Today at 09:37:02 AM »

By beached cars i mean underside of car in contact with floor, on a geometry bump or resting on armco etc.... like a beached whale

High-centered is another way to describe this condition. I know it well.  ;)
General Discussion / Re: What are we working on?
« Last post by Callahan420 on Today at 06:03:09 AM »
Will there be some update soon?

There was just an update at the end of December. I don't expect another update until release or close to release.
« Last post by CFodder on Today at 06:00:40 AM »
Ah yep gotcha ... and agree with you too :)
« Last post by sam223 on Today at 12:34:30 AM »
Quote from: sam223
e.g you are rolled>reset>cars rolls back onto its wheels in position. No ghosting,no moving back onto racing line.

That would be fine as long as it resets when the car comes to a stop.

Quote from: sam223
But that doesn't work for out of bounds play or beached drivers.
Maybe the out of bounds reset could be solved by always having some access route back to track e.g ramps off infield or 1 sided gates.
The beached driver problem i am not sure.

To mind the key to going out of bounds, i.e. completely out of the track/map, is to tighten them up so it's not possible and where there are areas within the map you can get stuck is as you've said to have routes to allow you out.

Not sure what you mean by beached cars??
By beached cars i mean underside of car in contact with floor, on a geometry bump or resting on armco etc.... like a beached whale
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10