Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I used to be an avid NASCAR fan back in 2003-2007 (I'd play NASCAR Thunder 2004, 2005: Chase For The Cup, 2006: Total Team Control, and '07 religiously).
But I was like 10-15 years old, so anything to do with cars or trucks was cool.
The last game I played was NASCAR 15' and to be honest I don't remember much about it.
Recently a friend has got me back into NASCAR (I only know maybe 1/5th of the drivers and recognize about half the tracks).
We were going to buy NASCAR Heat Evolution but after reading the reviews we decided to wait.
So as soon as I heard NASCAR Heat 2 had a release date I pre-ordered it.
I've logged about 20 hours worth of playing time and must admit, it isn't perfect but its definitely worth it.

PROS:
AI is aggressive and at times unforgiving
Tracks look realistic
Car handling feels like a car, not a boat
3 series (Camping World Trucks, Xfinity, Monster Energy)

CONS:
The career mode is lacking. No customization, no "racing team" feel. Just you out there racing
There isn't a ton of customization (limited paint schemes, no sponsor bonuses)
Vehicle/Tire wear is pretty much non-existent and the damage seems cartoony
Caution only comes out when multiple cars are involved (if you spin out or if someone else spins out on their own there's no caution

For what it is the game is decent. Heat 3 will definitely improve. But, this will fill the NASCAR void that most people will have after playing Heat Evolution
General Discussion / Re: Soundtrack Ideas
« Last post by Callahan420 on Today at 07:42:18 AM »
Tried to get thumbnails for Youtube videos, but gave up with this ancient forum software. Anyway, couple potential soundtrack songs and great songs alltogether:

Just take the S out of https in the youtube link.

Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning

W.A.S.P - Show No Mercy
News / Re: June Update
« Last post by Purple44 on Today at 02:00:32 AM »
I say it 50/50 chance we see a final version of Wreckfest release by the end of the year.

Bugbear still has a lot to do. I think things have to go real well for Wreckfest to be ready. If Bugbear run into some more snags\bugs in getting final version ready and trying get all them new visual parts for the rest the other cars done, I will be pleasantly surprise to see final release in December and I will get to keep my $50 bet.  :o

« Last post by Rocket455Man on September 21, 2017, 07:57:06 PM »
Hi!

For Christmas sales.

And then lots of dissapointed customers and endless patch count.
« Last post by RickyB on September 21, 2017, 05:04:35 PM »
Seen some activity on steamdb history... Maybe one more update before final? Could mean nothing though.

Also saw this list for the first time - steam store tags for Wreckfest... featuring  "Funny" , "Open World" , "Adventure" , "DEMONS" (!?!?!?!?) - what? :D   
Aha, so this game is an "atmospheric open world third person co-op adventure with realistic arcade simulation driving physics in a sandbox" ...  :P

If Bugbear was confident, that a final version will definitely be ready in 3 months, wouldn't they know a date by now? Just wondering why it's still a 'to be confirmed' status on THQnordic website.
Spectate mod online work well when trying pick someone from select menu, helps you see there name.  :D

Agree, I hope SP replay car select will show the player name, just as it already is in spectate mode in MP. Trying to find a car that you want to follow in SP replay mode is pretty aweful right now :)
General Discussion / Re: Soundtrack Ideas
« Last post by DD-Indeed on September 20, 2017, 06:00:42 PM »
Tried to get thumbnails for Youtube videos, but gave up with this ancient forum software. Anyway, couple potential soundtrack songs and great songs alltogether:

Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU30fTTZ3jM

W.A.S.P - Show No Mercy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqchMCGEp-c
Game Design / Ability to have multiple setup/builds for one car
« Last post by JohnBlackhills on September 20, 2017, 12:21:42 AM »
Hi there guys I was playing some online racing today and there were these situations where one track was gravel and another was tarmac with completly different surface. So imagine that you have your car and you want to use it on all tracks but you don't want to spend a lot of time in garage because you need to change suspension, tires, maybe some parts for better protection (if the next track is more dangerous and you want to have less fast/more protected car) etc... so I was thinking that would be very nice if we could somehow save multiple setup/builds for one car and name them as we want. For example if I'am going to race on tarmac I will chose or "load" tarmac setup for my car and for gravel I will chose other setup. I can't see anything bad about that so I think it will be great and very useful to have this option in game. What do you think.
And sorry for my english, hope you understand my point.
Bug Reports / Multiplayer lobby not listing actual player count
« Last post by sam223 on September 19, 2017, 12:37:23 AM »
ISSUE
Multiplayer lobby not listing actual player count

DESCRIPTION
It seems like when a player pings out (maybe alt+f4/quit exe aswell), the server continues to try make contact with that player. But at the same time it lets another player join in the slot that was opened. Resulting in players being able to join as a player beyond the server limit.

List of events
  • Max players = 17
  • Server is full,1 person pings out
  • Someone joins before server closes connection to lost player
  • Server allocates joining player as player #18 (beyond max player count)
  • Now server is full but lobby browser shows it as 16/17 or 15/17
  • Anyone who tries to join after timesout as there is no free slot
  • Server eventually crashes

SCREENSHOT/VIDEO

See player #16 is missing and someone is player #18 even though max is 17 players.At the same time the lobby list in game shows there is 2 slots open even though its full. Resulting in people constantly trying to join.
Bug Reports / Re: Game blocked after adding mods
« Last post by Roadside Repair on September 18, 2017, 06:42:59 PM »
Thanks for de info, got the game running again!  :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10