Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
News / Re: Dev Blog: Hello, rough surfaces
« Last post by TT on Today at 05:14:03 PM »
Looks great!

I'm also curious how this will work out on some intentionally bumpy dirt/mud ovals and the very bumpy beach sand of a Daytona beach track mod if I ever finish them.

That wagon that was shown also looks like a blast! Thanks for showing us.
« Last post by KingOfTheCakes on Today at 04:36:55 PM »
Really great stuff! Also, it's just nice to see an update :D
« Last post by sam223 on Today at 04:19:48 PM »
There will be another blog post covering mechanical damage but nope, it's completely newly written and uses dummies instead.
Nice,looking forward to hearing about that. Anymore info on things we need to change/add regarding mods?
« Last post by Scott on Today at 03:49:03 PM »
nice to see this added to add more handling characteristics to it. whilst talking about handling, will we see the damage start to effect the driving ability of the cars like in your sneak peek tech demo? like the suspension to give out and wheels coming off, that's what I feel is missing and a bit of a throwback to the Flatout series. also thought about if you had a pit lane feature like in Destruction Derby 2 where you could repair the car once in a race? (for doing a high number of laps) you'd bash x as much as you can, circling the car to repair parts in time limit. (5 seconds I think it was) but anyways loving it!
« Last post by Janne Suur-Näkki on Today at 03:36:05 PM »
There will be another blog post covering mechanical damage but nope, it's completely newly written and uses dummies instead.
« Last post by sam223 on Today at 03:27:57 PM »
Nice news. Anymore info about performance affecting damage?
I assume something to do with this which isn't used yet?

« Last post by Adenru on Today at 02:37:48 PM »
Rough terrain matters.
« Last post by TheEngiGuy on Today at 02:31:14 PM »
Engi, are you referring to something specific about rolls and landing physics?

Well, this gif I found is an example http://cloud-3.steamusercontent.com/ugc/843713288760318992/5AEFA2CEE820F39064C7E1B68653687187F72847/

It's when the car goes crazy when landing and hitting the ground and then "tries" to get back on its four wheels. That break-dance  :D
Depending on the intensity of the crash and rolls, it happens like half of the time.

Thanks for info, I'll check out the surface file again when the release comes - thanks for looking into the request as well!

I think Engi mean that the car seems to flip forward when rolling, and doing a bit of flip on the forward axis if rolling in slow speeds. Sure, the engine is heavy, but sometimes when you roll the car does these kind of forward rolls like the center of gravity is all at the wrong places.
If Engi meant something else I'm sorry!

Got ninja'd, but you're also right. It's like the car suffers from ADHD and can't stand still  :D
« Last post by The Very End on Today at 02:24:19 PM »
Thanks for info, I'll check out the surface file again when the release comes - thanks for looking into the request as well!

I think Engi mean that the car seems to flip forward when rolling, and doing a bit of flip on the forward axis if rolling in slow speeds. Sure, the engine is heavy, but sometimes when you roll the car does these kind of forward rolls like the center of gravity is all at the wrong places.
If Engi meant something else I'm sorry!
« Last post by Janne Suur-Näkki on Today at 02:15:57 PM »
Thanks for your feedback, guys! Can't wait until you have an opportunity to check it out in-game.

Very End, for ease of use surface bump will be available in the surfacelist (srfl) just like the other surface parameters, just select one of the available types and you're good to go. About tag types, to be honest I have no idea whether anyone even from us knows all of them anymore. We prefer to test to death and prefer that fledgling modders do the same to learn the ropes :D But really - of course we can look them up, although some of them are legacy and not working at the moment. I'll make a note about your request.

Engi, are you referring to something specific about rolls and landing physics?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10