Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Mod Share / Re: findRED's Real V8s Mod v0.3
« Last post by findRED on Today at 08:04:05 PM »
Real V8s mod is Updated! v0.450

Check out the workshop page
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=899123145

I had to make lots of duplicate (but not dummy) parts due to the new (or lack of) parts buying system.  This insures you can have several engines from the same family installed and use the "same" parts between them.

Engine families?  Yes!  I'm using a new folder structure internally to make the parts more customizable toward each set of similar engines.  For example I have the Fordington 302 family which is inspired by the irl Ford Windsor family of engines.  They have custom cams and heads that effect only the family, making each family more unique.

Heads?  Yes.  I re-purposed the "valves" category and use it to make cylinder heads, as in an earlier rant I've already stated why it make so much more sense.

9 engines in total so far, with over 15 different gearboxes you can choose from!

Most engines are upgradable from low C class to insane A class
And yes, you can still make insane 500+ hp beasts if you wish (or need for like a drift compilation)

Unfortunately, the parts increase the entire engine curve by their efficiency stat, so a camshaft that should only increase the top end by a lot will still increase the entire engine by a lot, thus why there is over 500hp potential with no consequences.

Edit:  oh, and now the pricing is in place too!

Anyway, here is where my mod will stay until the next big update.  (hopefully the next big updated doesn't break it as bad as June's did.)
Have Fun and Wreck Hard!

Edit 2:
ATTENTION!!!
To insure you don't have old duplicate parts in your career save from before the June Update, Please delete your career files:

Steam/userdata/[your user number]/228380/local/wreckfest early access

Delete the "career.ccrs" file any files named "cars.ccrs" or "cars5.ccrs" and the "playerinventory.usli" or "playerinventory2.usli"

This insures you don't have any old parts from before the June Update just sitting in your inventory

It will reset your cars and money and progress (but it's really easy to just race a car against the lawn mowers to make money)
Player-Run Events / Re: Saturday Night Mod(s)
« Last post by Zebulon55 on Today at 12:22:48 PM »
Here some video I took of this month Saturday Night Mods night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3t74mzrJag

Thanks to all the guys that showed up and jquitwho for putting up the server.  :D

Next Saturday Night Mods night is Nov 11. I'm thinking hosting my Figure 8 track pack I'm working on and need to test an idea for an additional mod to add, that Devils Shadow suggest we use.

WIP download page for the Figure 8 track pack

I see in your video that Devil's Shadow and maybe someone else was sportin' a little 'weener!   ;D

Player-Run Events / Re: Saturday Night Mod(s)
« Last post by Purple44 on Today at 02:30:50 AM »
Here some video I took of this month Saturday Night Mods night:

Thanks to all the guys that showed up and jquitwho for putting up the server.  :D

Next Saturday Night Mods night is Nov 11. I'm thinking hosting my Figure 8 track pack I'm working on and need to test an idea for an additional mod to add, that Devils Shadow suggest we use.

WIP download page for the Figure 8 track pack

Bug Reports / Re: Traction Control Bug
« Last post by Janne Suur-Näkki on October 18, 2017, 12:05:38 PM »
Not confirmed yet.
Support / Re: controller settings/bindings disappear
« Last post by kettu31 on October 18, 2017, 11:34:13 AM »
Only those in my signature (xbox+fanawheel+keyb&mouse). I kept xbox controller not connected while testing.
General Discussion / Re: NCG Video Thread [Youtube]
« Last post by sam223 on October 18, 2017, 02:07:19 AM »
www.youtu.be/B-TGQZwvtY0

and from another drivers perspective

www.youtu.be/4Nec1dlYwmg
« Last post by Rocket455Man on October 17, 2017, 07:54:39 PM »
Hi!

When we get the hotfix or update?
Bug Reports / Re: Wheel unresponsive at start of the race in MP
« Last post by Rocket455Man on October 17, 2017, 07:51:09 PM »
Hi!

I tried to race my Logitech G25 with 900° rotation and feeling is something like crazy (I don't tell what is wrong). It is drive-able at 360° rotation. Other games works smooth with 900° rotation.

Could you add more wheel options (such as degrees of rotation etc.)?
Support / Re: controller settings/bindings disappear
« Last post by Janne Suur-Näkki on October 17, 2017, 02:36:14 PM »
It looks like mine is set to read-only as well, so it's not likely that.

Do you have a lot of different controllers, how many?
« Last post by sam223 on October 17, 2017, 02:34:05 PM »
It could be something to do with parts. We've had issues with the mod where a part gets corrupted (with no idea what part is corrupt) and it makes the cars either feel like they are always using a open diff or they a stuck in the floor slightly.
Resetting garage seems to fix it,although not quite as easy with official cars. Youd have to delete you garage/career files.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10