Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Bug Reports / Re: Mixed 2 - AI cars take the pit road
« Last post by Purple44 on Today at 02:26:48 PM »
I can confirm bug:

Modding / Re: Help with AI names please
« Last post by Daystar on Today at 12:38:35 PM »
Well my list of 85 names works  :)                                                                                                                                                    _
Bug Reports / Mixed 2 - AI cars take the pit road
« Last post by dbs213 on Today at 12:25:49 PM »
ISSUE
AI cars take the pit road on Mixed 2

DESCRIPTION
As the title suggests, AI cars take the pit road and merge back through the unused starting line. They usually fall far behind in the standings since they're technically cutting the track (serves them right though). I get a wrong way indicator when I try to follow them.

SCREENSHOT
Modding / Re: Custom Skins Thread
« Last post by Purple44 on Today at 09:30:23 AM »
Zeb, in working to add some custom skins to the GoKart Plus mod, I had a copy of a folder with vepa files, the vepas in the copy folder ( a non-stock game folder, still showed up in-game as duplicate skins.

Seem Wreckfest will find vepa files no matter what folder they are in.
« Last post by Daystar on Today at 07:49:09 AM »
I remember before (early 2017) we were able to see some lovely Iridescent Paints somehow work in Wreckfest!

look at that door and fender!

But not really fitting for banger cars I know...
« Last post by Zebulon55 on Today at 06:20:06 AM »
https://steamcommunity.com/app/228380/discussions/0/2549465882929774644/?ctp=2

- jannesBB  [developer] Dec 18, 2017 @ 1:44pm
'The AI names are stored in two .txt files located in \data\property\career.

Be aware that career requires more than 23 names due to the session based races with max 96 participants."

Max 96 participants doesn't necessarily mean max 96 names in file, maybe more are allowed. Or is 96 enough?  ;D
« Last post by Zebulon55 on Today at 05:55:19 AM »
Hi guys;

Got a couple of questions about AI skin usage and paint colors.
I see STRMods has worked with both in his mods, but I decided to ask here rather than PMing him, because others might have interest in this discussion too.

I'm trying to get the AI to use some of my skins, but they seem rather unpopular.  Perhaps it's just that realism thing.  :'(
Of course, with the wide variety of official skins and cars, maybe it's working, but the chances of any specific skin being chosen by the AI is low, so I just haven't seen one yet.

First, when you make an AI vepa, do certain name formats make a difference in where the name is used?
Bugbear uses ai_skinxx.vepa, ai_banger_skinxx.vepa, and ai_derby_skinxx.vepa. Do the ai_banger and ai_derby make these skins only used in derby and banger races respectively, or is the AI free to pick from any skin in any race, as long as the AI Upgrade box is checked in the .vepa?
Would a file named anyname.vepa be used by AI if that AI Upgrade box is checked?

STRMods makes an AI folder for his AI vepas. Do you need to specify somewhere for the game to look in such a subfolder, or is it automatic?

Another question is about the specific colors; they are still used as the default colors until changed in the paint shop.
Game default seems to be hue and saturation and lightness are max, and use the color defined in the .vepa? 
Move a slider and lose this default, reset to return to the original .vepa specified colors.

It appears that STRMods has modified some of the .vhcp settings in his mods. I am wondering what some of the variables do.
They appear to be layered colors with perhaps metal flake qualities?
Does the game engine still use these variables, since we now have the paintshop?
They are described by .vhcp files in the data/vehicle/shared/paint subdirectory.

I'm gonna do a little testing.

Any thoughts?

Support / More USB Devices supported
« Last post by HemiR222 on Today at 05:46:57 AM »
Would it be possible to add more usb devices so we dont have to unplug devices to get the correct order in game.. windows 10- wont allow changing of usb ID's to change order, evenremoving them and then putting them one by one and rebooting eventfully they change order again in joy.cpl. I hope you understand what I mean.. Cheers, enjoying the hell out wreckfest , it has provided so many laughs.
 well done Dev's.
« Last post by Crash77 on Today at 05:26:45 AM »
I think the limit's just 23.
General Discussion / Re: last wishes before final version
« Last post by Heddly on Today at 02:16:37 AM »
I chuckle to myself when I read the title of this topic, it reminds me of a "last will and testament"  :)

My last wish is to be able to save a file of each car's controller settings to allow more customizing of the cars handling. Not all real cars use the same steering system by steering ratio, FWD, RWD, type of suspension, etc.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10