Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: No more bugbear ?
« Last post by Purple44 on Today at 05:26:05 AM »
I think instead of releasing tracks in expansion packs, they should make every track free and only release cars as DLC. That way there isn't any issue with people not being allowed on servers because they don't own the expansions.

You have same issue with DLC cars. You could not race them online if server don't have them.

Only way around that, would be to have a new update that has the new tracks and cars, but you have to pay for the car DLC to unlock the new car(s).

In Burnout Paradise it had where players could see the new cars if a player was using one, but have to pay for the car pack to unlock the new cars.

But would Bugbear make enough $$ off of just selling car pack(s) to pay for development of new tracks and game modes?? And if Bugbear don't hide the car pack files, like they did with the Bandit, the car pack going show up at some torrent site.
News / Re: We Have A New Home!
« Last post by PsychOXRat on Today at 04:37:40 AM »
Just to voice my opinion on here and not just on the discord, I feel like THQ's acquisition of BB could have either no real impact on the games they can produce except for solid financial stability after how many years, or bugbear could be used to outsource vehicle physics to for other THQ games that require them instead of focusing on making their own games. I doubt the latter will happen, but with studio acquisitions, that becomes a real possibility.

As for the rest, I hope THQ keeps a more hands off approach to current and future game developments and Bugbear continues to listen to the community (and less of the "other players" that we've been unable to find). Wreckfest still has some fundamental issues driving players away, most notably in how multiplayer is handled, that really should have been fixed by now, especially for the long awaited and delayed console versions since mods won't be able to solve any of their issues.
Modding / Re: wreckfest alpha parts testing
« Last post by tolliverj on Today at 03:33:15 AM »
got rid of the parent and it still crashes. putting _no_deform on any material dues not disable anything.
FlatOut / Re: How can I install mods for FlatOut 1 on Steam?
« Last post by Heddly on Today at 03:32:37 AM »
Here's an update. I dowaloaded the link from Purple44's comment, and followed the video from it. But now, when I click on the app to start the game, I keep getting this thing that asks me to "allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to yuor device."

Whenever I click yes, it dosn't start the game at all, but when I click no, it stops the game startup process. I can't play the game at all now. I tried uninstalling the game from my Steam library and reinstalling it, and I even removed the game completely from my account to buy it all over again to try restarting from scratch, but nothing changed. Btw, when I first installed the mod launcher, it kept giving me a lot of messages asking me to replace some game files with the same thing with higher amounts of bytes, and I clicked yes for all of them. But now after all of this, I can't start the game at all. I don't know what to do now.

Did you click, "Show More Details"? It may help. I don't have win10 but you may try copying your game files to another folder outside of Steam, run as Admin and use Compatibility Mode in Win7. Just a thought, Steam may be blocking the FlatOut.exe file?

Has anybody else had this problem?
General Discussion / Re: No more bugbear ?
« Last post by Speedevil on Today at 03:28:26 AM »
I think instead of releasing tracks in expansion packs, they should make every track free and only release cars as DLC. That way there isn't any issue with people not being allowed on servers because they don't own the expansions.
News / Re: We Have A New Home!
« Last post by Phen248 on Today at 03:12:44 AM »
I'm uncertain how I feel about this right now, but the presence of THQ has been beneficial thus far to say the least. They haven't been big on my radar aside from the remastered Baja: Edge of Control (good game), so I can't say much outside of the fact that so long as BB aren't owned by one of the unholy trinity of publishers (EA, Ubisoft, Activision), all's well with me.  :D
FlatOut / Re: How can I install mods for FlatOut 1 on Steam?
« Last post by BugCar93 on Today at 03:00:54 AM »
"v1.0 can run fine under Win10, it the euro v1.1 having the issue?

Yes, that was my case. The game worked fine for me in Windows 10 as a regular game, but not when the mods were added.

Well, this sucks. I was so looking forward to all those classic American muscle cars; the 1967 Shelby GT500, the 1967/69 Chevy Camaro, etc. Especially the 1969 Charger, and especially its General Lee livery.

I guess I have to either figure out how to fix this, or install Windows 7, and run the whole game, mods and all, under that?
« Last post by sam223 on Today at 02:58:04 AM »
putting #car_metal_no_deform makes the game crash as soon as it starts so that will not work i think i have no choice but to just give up, i have no other choice i literally tried everything and i mean everything.
did you change the material e.g before chrome#car_metal > chrome#car_metal_no_deform?

There also a issue with no_deform objects and parents/children (cant remember which way round doesn't work as very rarely use the tag).

Possibly no_deform children attached to another object via .panl. e.g no_deform spoiler attached to a jointed bootlid=game crash.
Mod Share / Re: The Very TrackPack released!
« Last post by Heddly on Today at 02:57:59 AM »
Also try making the radius of the turn (adjusting the racing line) as small as possible so that the AI will detect is as slow as possible.

If even that doesn't work you would probably need to adjust the AI profiles.

You might find something in the AI Profiles but a lot of it does look like you can edit it.
« Last post by tolliverj on Today at 02:41:20 AM »
putting #car_metal_no_deform makes the game crash as soon as it starts so that will not work i think i have no choice but to just give up, i have no other choice i literally tried everything and i mean everything.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10