Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Xbox One Game Preview?
« Last post by BBIAJ on Today at 02:10:20 AM »
I would love an official response to this query from Bugbear themselves, as when I backed the game, this was one of the rewards of the tier I backed, access to the Game Preview version ahead of the full release.

However, since finding a publisher, Bugbear seem reluctant to acknowledge the existence of such an offer, and have become masters of the misdirect, and skirting around giving a direct answer.

If game dev doesn't work out, then maybe they should consider a career in politics instead...
I have 2 Macs, no firewall, they can see each other on the LAN and both of them have Flatout 2 installed (got it from the App Store last week).

On the first Mac, I create a LAN game (just single default race) - all seems fine, the "Start Race" is disabled, which I assume stays disabled until another player has joined.

On the second Mac, I go into Multiplayer -> LAN -> Join Game, and the game from the first Mac correctly shows up:

#  HOST
1. my name        Race

So I click Select, and the little satellite dish icon sends out waves, but after a few seconds, an error message pops up "This game session is no longer available."

After pressing Esc, the game from the first Mac definitely still shows there, and even if I "Refresh", it's still there.

I would be really grateful if someone could help me fix this - Flatout 2 is the absolute best, awesome car game I've ever played and with multiplayer it would be incredible!

Bug Reports / Re: Controls for wreckfest not working
« Last post by BeGPlay on May 24, 2018, 03:23:12 AM »
I reinstalled the game and used keyboard controls only. They are not working for me. The wheel turns fully left automatically as if something would steer to the left all the time. Keyboard keys are working otherwise, but it's impossible to drive with the wheel going to the left permanently.

And the issue with the controllers remains - how can we configure various controllers at the same time instead of only one? So wheel, pedals, handbrake eg.?

Please fix it, I'd love to play the game...
News / Re: April Update – Let's Hear Your Opinion!
« Last post by St. Jimmy on May 24, 2018, 12:49:13 AM »
    • MP: It's now possible to disallow the use of special vehicles (lawnmower) on a server.

Where can one find command for this one?

OK it likely is the special_vehicles_disabled=
    But it doesn't seem to do anything or can host have a disabled car? Is that command broken now?
    Modding / Re: Daystars Mega Skypack Projects
    « Last post by Daystar on May 23, 2018, 11:09:50 PM »
    Weather preview of Stellar sky.

https://youtu.be/BJATykJKddU

Almost done with my first weather pack. maybe by Friday I will get it uploaded.
    and as always, if any modder wants to use my weathers, they can.  :)

General Discussion / Re: Should we keep the driver model?
    « Last post by Purple44 on May 23, 2018, 10:25:04 PM »
    Would not be in-favor of removing driver and end up with a driver-less car. I want my angry bird driver!

« Last post by sam223 on May 23, 2018, 05:44:11 PM »

I'd suggest having a little box around the driver that keeps the car from deforming on them, but I think I remember people here being against that since that would gimp the damage modeling.

Box round driver works fine as long as there is a bit of room between drivers arm and door. Then there is a bit of room for deforming and tbone health damage without making the drivers door completely solid.

The proxies (protected areas) on the official cars are very minimal and basic at the minute. Most just protect engine,chassis/floor,interior and roof at the minute. But it is possible to setup the deformations with proxies, to have the cars bend around the shape of the cage,around the driver etc etc

Although not always easy to setup, due to how the deformation system works.

« Last post by TheEngiGuy on May 23, 2018, 05:06:31 PM »
    I prefer if they keep the driver model, make it un-deformable and add steering/collisions animations for increased immersion.
    General Discussion / Should we keep the driver model?
    « Last post by dbs213 on May 23, 2018, 04:53:45 PM »
    Ever since the sneak peek demo I've always been bothered by how the driver model deforms along with the car. I know it's just on the visual side of things but I still find it weird and I think something should be done with this.

I'd suggest having a little box around the driver that keeps the car from deforming on them, but I think I remember people here being against that since that would gimp the damage modeling.

So then I thought of just getting rid of them entirely like what the later Burnout games do and only keep them on the lawnmowers.

Another option I can suggest is throw the driver out in classic FlatOut-style whenever the cockpit can't accommodate the driver without squishing them. Just treat the driver like an ordinary detachable part basically.
    Modding / Re: Wip - Wreckfest A to B track test
    « Last post by Purple44 on May 23, 2018, 01:07:35 PM »
    I'm running into a snag trying get Mixed 5 to where I can travel map off road. I removed the guardrails and their collision box. Deleted the spectators that were in the way. I go try off road track and I'm finding places where I get automatically reset back onto the track. So I delete all the plane objects in the Model section and I still get reset back to track. :(

I don't see anything else I could delete that look like it might get rid these auto reset "surfaces". Janne or Andrei, please don't tell me the auto resets are now inside the terrain object where I can't delete them?
    Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10