Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
News / Re: Dev Blog: Hello, rough surfaces
« Last post by Purple44 on Today at 02:04:33 AM »
This is exactly what gravel tracks and around the track surface needed! Can't wait to see it in game, great work BugBear  :) Also I hope for improved cameras especialy chase near, chase far and cockpit cameras, because sometimes it just feel so smooth for a game where you're driving on bumpy roads, crashing and fighting with others for the best position. In my opinion those smooth cameras are one of the reasons why the game is boring sometimes especialy when driving in first place... sometimes it just feels like you don't even need that car in front of your camera  :D it's just smooth camera circling around the track like you can see in lobby when starting the race. Also when speeding up or changing gear could get some effects in camera movement. Looking forward for more dev blogs  :)

John, have you played with the Settings> Gameplay> Camera Shake setting?

I use 39% for my far cam.
« Last post by JohnBlackhills on Today at 12:59:13 AM »
This is exactly what gravel tracks and around the track surface needed! Can't wait to see it in game, great work BugBear  :) Also I hope for improved cameras especialy chase near, chase far and cockpit cameras, because sometimes it just feel so smooth for a game where you're driving on bumpy roads, crashing and fighting with others for the best position. In my opinion those smooth cameras are one of the reasons why the game is boring sometimes especialy when driving in first place... sometimes it just feels like you don't even need that car in front of your camera  :D it's just smooth camera circling around the track like you can see in lobby when starting the race. Also when speeding up or changing gear could get some effects in camera movement. Looking forward for more dev blogs  :)
« Last post by Tonza on November 24, 2017, 10:15:05 PM »
Engi, are you referring to something specific about rolls and landing physics?

Well, this gif I found is an example http://cloud-3.steamusercontent.com/ugc/843713288760318992/5AEFA2CEE820F39064C7E1B68653687187F72847/

It's when the car goes crazy when landing and hitting the ground and then "tries" to get back on its four wheels. That break-dance  :D
Depending on the intensity of the crash and rolls, it happens like half of the time.

I'm not sure if Bugbear should be tweaking things much more to effect what seen in gif. I like going for a good tumble run and it create some WOW moments online when other players get see it happen.  :o

Tumbling runs like this give Wreckfest some arcade feel a lot of players want.

Watching basti4655 latest crash compilation video with the current June Build, the crashing looking pretty good to me.  :D

Agreed, I love me a good ol' tumble, and I don't really care whether it looks realistic or not if it's WILD like in the current build :D
It's one of the things that define wreckfest for me
« Last post by Daystar on November 24, 2017, 10:14:37 PM »
Thanks for keeping us in the Know what's going on loop Bugbear! it is much appreciated really. And I like this latest development
« Last post by Purple44 on November 24, 2017, 10:05:40 PM »
Engi, are you referring to something specific about rolls and landing physics?

Well, this gif I found is an example http://cloud-3.steamusercontent.com/ugc/843713288760318992/5AEFA2CEE820F39064C7E1B68653687187F72847/

It's when the car goes crazy when landing and hitting the ground and then "tries" to get back on its four wheels. That break-dance  :D
Depending on the intensity of the crash and rolls, it happens like half of the time.

I'm not sure if Bugbear should be tweaking things much more to effect what seen in gif. I like going for a good tumble run and it create some WOW moments online when other players get see it happen.  :o

Tumbling runs like this give Wreckfest some arcade feel a lot of players want.

Watching basti4655 latest crash compilation video with the current June Build, the crashing looking pretty good to me.  :D
Game Design / Re: Time to get those VR goggles on?
« Last post by TheEngiGuy on November 24, 2017, 09:52:09 PM »
I'll be getting an Oculus Rift soon, probably. This game would rock in VR and would also be unique for that experience! I hope it will be considered after full launch.
« Last post by Rowdy Burns on November 24, 2017, 09:07:37 PM »
Loving the attention to detail... Can`t wait for the next blog post covering mechanical damage!
Game Design / Re: Time to get those VR goggles on?
« Last post by CrashsTestsFr on November 24, 2017, 09:02:42 PM »
Is there a definitive answer ?
Or is VR still being discussed ?
« Last post by Kompressor on November 24, 2017, 08:19:14 PM »
BUGBEAR, guys, you knew! Just thanks. It was needed. :)
« Last post by Janne Suur-Näkki on November 24, 2017, 07:42:08 PM »
Thanks!

This contraption will add high and medium frequency bumps on the surface and while it has quite a lot of randomness to it, large scale bumps and depressions on the track should be created with actual geometry. This way you can also keep the polycount low.

Sam, since you should already have the dummies for the engine and the tires in the vehicle models, no changes to the model are needed. There are a number of new parameters for setting up the thresholds for the damage but the vehicle will work even without setting them up, so nothing game breaking.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10