Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Worth a watch (videos)
« Last post by Daystar on April 26, 2018, 11:25:50 PM »
Forgot Janne had posted a video of a Derby event a couple years ago  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6HdZcnBCM0

Enjoy
Then... and only THEN, they should remake Stuntfest as a true Flatout spiritual successor, with nitro, stunts, explosions, destructive races, etc. The potential is there, the game just needs to be more than Flatout's side minigames.

A hundred times this!

And derbys with the object cannon!  :D

News / Re: April Update – Let's Hear Your Opinion!
« Last post by Purple44 on April 26, 2018, 11:05:07 PM »

Thanks Bugbear for adding the chat bubble like we saw in Gas Guzzler Extreme.  Will make it easier to see if someone typing while we in the lobby.  :D

Then... and only THEN, they should remake Stuntfest as a true Flatout spiritual successor, with nitro, stunts, explosions, destructive races, etc. The potential is there, the game just needs to be more than Flatout's side minigames.

A hundred times this!
Bugbear shouldn't think about Flatout, the series is dead because of all the bad reputation it got thanks to Team6 and Strategy First. What they should do is what they are doing right now, focusing on making Wreckfest the best game possible and finishing it.

After Stuntfest, it would be great to see development for Wreckfest 2 starting, with all the features they couldn't add to Wreckfest due to limitations and other reasons. Just imagine, the game we know today but with a deeper career mode (with sponsorship deals, meaningful drivers and their own profiles, rivalries and driving skills), actual car ownership (replacing parts realistically, maintenance), etc etc.
Hi!

And where is Tough Truck: Modified Monster?
News / Re: April Update – Let's Hear Your Opinion!
« Last post by KingOfTheCakes on April 26, 2018, 03:40:31 PM »
I'm a bit unsure about these new engine changes tbh. I think the Panther sounded better previously, same thing goes for the Gremlin. Just my opinion though.

Anyway, another thing I wanted to mention about AI feedback; they still have a tendency to slow down if you're right in front of them and rarely attempt to ram/overtake the player. If I gradually slow down on the straights, they usually just follow.
Mod Share / Re: The Very Livery pack !
« Last post by TheSpacebarRider on April 26, 2018, 02:43:54 PM »
Do you like my new Rammer Livery ?
Id' like to have your opinion !

Modding / Re: Alternative Route and AI, I got Crashes !
« Last post by Andrei Räisänen on April 26, 2018, 02:19:14 PM »
Yes, the number after "_alt" specifies the route, not the checkpoint number.

The following you wrote, should work okay:
#checkpoint01_split
#checkpoint02_split
#checkpoint01_alt1
#checkpoint02_alt1
#checkpoint01_alt2
#checkpoint02_alt2

Actually, the number 'N' in #checkpointN does not really depict the checkpoint number - it is just to keep the checkpoint objects in the correct order in MAX.

The importer reads the checkpoint objects in the order they appear in the MAX Scene Objects list. You should always make sure they are in the same correct order in the sectors (for each route).

Sooooo... you could (for more legible ordering in MAX) name the checkpoint objects like this (NOTE: the list below is sorted alphabetically, just like MAX does it):

#checkpoint_alt1_01
#checkpoint_alt1_02
#checkpoint_alt2_01
#checkpoint_alt2_02
#checkpoint_main_01_split
#checkpoint_main_02_split

... and that should also work.

Now, about the split times (checkpoints with the "_split" postfix):

The split times checkpoints are not supported anymore - the only split time information you get is when you start a new lap (cross the first checkpoint on the main route). That means that the "_split" part in the name is effectively always ignored. That's the designers' decision (and no, I don't like it either).

Cheers,
Andrei
Modding / Re: Alternative Route and AI, I got Crashes !
« Last post by The Very End on April 26, 2018, 12:53:47 PM »
Interesting! So the alt number is actually just related to the alt route NUMBER, and not the actual checkpoint number? What or how to name alt route checkpoints when there are two or more checkpoints? Say you have in total two alt routes with 2 checkpoints on each, how would you go about naming them all? Like this?

#checkpoint01_split
#checkpoint02_split
#checkpoint01_alt1
#checkpoint02_alt1
#checkpoint01_alt2
#checkpoint02_alt2

And lastly, split times for alt checkpoints? checkpointxx_altx_split does not work.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10