Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Keep in mind, I've only ever tried to get a wood wall to break, so this info may not be of any use to you/may be incorrect. If this is for parts of a vehicle, I have no idea if any of this applies.

The walls I have in my Petaluma track that break are pretty much recreated from the objects The Very End has in his track pack for breakable signs. I don't know the exact details of the object properties and if you can change them at all, but here's how the breaking wood sign/wall worked at least.

1st image shows the breakable wood sign and all the other pieces in the scene.

2nd image shows that the object, breakSign02, is one large piece. From what I can tell, until you touch/break the object in game, this is the piece you would see. Also, this images shows that there are already pre-broken pieces of the wall, and each piece is named breakSign02$partxx (where xx is the number of the object, starting at 00). I had issues with lighting if the piece objects weren't solid (I forget the correct term for this, but if the object isn't closed, it'll give you issues). I tried using this exact object from TVE's pack, but had issues converting it due to 3ds Max unit differences, but it was easy enough to re-create it.

Essentially, when you hit the object in game, the main piece disappears, and then all of the smaller parts are what show up and get physics applied to them. I think? So for your object, you would have one modeled object for the solid, non-broken object, and then lots of little pieces for when it becomes broken.

3rd image shows you the user defined properties of the main breakSign02 piece. This is where you might need to explore the objects folder in BagEdit to see if there are different object properties you could use for glass (I'm assuming these properties determine the weight/particles/sound from the objects, but I've not looked into it).

4th image shows you the user defined properties of the various breakSign02$partxx pieces. Same info applies as far as the object properties.

This might not have any relation to what you're asking about, but if it does, you could try with the above info and go from there? I really recommend downloading The Very Ends' track pack and taking a look through the objects folder. There were tons of little things like this that I wouldn't have figured out if I didn't take a look through the folder and play around with stuff.
Modding / How would I go about making a glass object break/shatter?
« Last post by MarcellusW on Today at 01:53:03 AM »
How would I go about making a glass object break/shatter like the ingame car windows?

What I have found so far is,
car windows have #car_window in their material.
In data\property\effects\car\window_break\ are 6 files
glass1.fxbp
glass2.fxbp
sound.fxac
sound_crack.fxac
window_break.fxcn
window_crack.fxcn
The example car windows point to a non-excisting .dntp
Some of the ingame cars windows point to a non_excisting default_default_p_e_g.dntp, others to the above.
The example cars windows are models in the body.vhcl
The ingame cars rear_window is a model in the body.vhcl, but the front_window is a part (window_front_0.vhcl)
I haven't found any other refference about car windows.

Is there a relationship between #car_window and the effects?
What CustomData would an object like this have?

I have been thinking about this for over a year now, but every time something else came up.
Been breaking my head over this the last couple of days, but I'm stuck now.
I remember reading in a topic someone mentioning about breaking glass in his mod, but I cant find to topic. (tried searching to no avail )
I really hope there is a solution for this, I would like this to work on some custom props I'm making for Purple44 and for the mod I have been working on.

Any help and insight would be highly appreciated.
Modding / Re: Need help with getting lights to work correctly
« Last post by The Very End on Today at 12:32:24 AM »
Think Aspect is the direction IIRC. Try increase / decrease it by 90 and see what happens.
Not done too much testing about it. Cool track!
Modding / Need help with getting lights to work correctly
« Last post by Pantherboat on August 15, 2018, 11:23:27 PM »
I'm working on a track that needs lights, and for the most part, I have them working just fine. However, I'm having this problem where the light isn't reflecting off surfaces properly, almost as if it's pointed somewhere.

Here's some pictures that should demonstrate what I mean:

If it helps, I also have the settings for the light's .scne file:

Any idea on how I can fix this?
Player-Run Events / Re: Euro Three Way Multiclass Endurance!
« Last post by BenDover on August 15, 2018, 07:26:45 PM »
And the winner was? did anyone make a video of the event?

Cant spoil who won, but here is the event :)
Bug Reports / Re: Starbeast engine movement distance (Damage)
« Last post by sam223 on August 15, 2018, 07:19:00 PM »
Could either be engine proxy, or position of engine+#_nodeform materials causing the problem. Try reduce distance and anchor stiffness for proxy_engine.vsbp

If you want it to deform fully remove _nodeform from the materials attached to engine model.

Thanks Sam, I'd had a mess with those setting with little luck, I'd noticed that when Distance Softness + Altitude Softness is lowered in a cars settings.vsbd it affects how much the engine gets pushed back, you knida have to raise Altitude-S if lowering Distance-S to around .45/.5.
The Rocket appeared to be the only car that really responded to having things changed in the proxy bits, I think I've exhausted that avenue though I'll have another mess about laters with some extreme numbers.

I was meaning to ask you about constraints n stuff, I'd noticed in the setting files of cars in your UK banger mod used these constraints things, is there anyway to mess with them on the stock cars? or do I need the original files? Having the engine deform would be great, but I'd like it to only deform a very minor amount just so there's not a fresh block sat amongst the twisted, stuff especially for the blocks with very flat textures, has anyone worked out a way to set stiffness for individual components so we could have mild deform on da blocks?

Thanks bud  :D
Settings.vsbd is basically the same settings,but the whole car rather than a set region.

Constraints dont do anything anymore i believe.

For proxy settings;
Distance is horizontal,altitude is vertical movement multiplier i believe. Anchor stiffness is minimum impulse to move it.
if you remove _nodeform from the material itll deform identical to the car body, so youd still need to restrict deform parameters by adjusting proxy settings. Theres no ideal (1=solid 0=disabled) setting really,as it depends what global and individual car deform settings you are using.
Bug Reports / Re: Starbeast engine movement distance (Damage)
« Last post by BeamZappa on August 15, 2018, 06:35:52 PM »
Could either be engine proxy, or position of engine+#_nodeform materials causing the problem. Try reduce distance and anchor stiffness for proxy_engine.vsbp

If you want it to deform fully remove _nodeform from the materials attached to engine model.

Thanks Sam, I'd had a mess with those setting with little luck, I'd noticed that when Distance Softness + Altitude Softness is lowered in a cars settings.vsbd it affects how much the engine gets pushed back, you knida have to raise Altitude-S if lowering Distance-S to around .45/.5.
The Rocket appeared to be the only car that really responded to having things changed in the proxy bits, I think I've exhausted that avenue though I'll have another mess about laters with some extreme numbers.

I was meaning to ask you about constraints n stuff, I'd noticed in the setting files of cars in your UK banger mod used these constraints things, is there anyway to mess with them on the stock cars? or do I need the original files? Having the engine deform would be great, but I'd like it to only deform a very minor amount just so there's not a fresh block sat amongst the twisted, stuff especially for the blocks with very flat textures, has anyone worked out a way to set stiffness for individual components so we could have mild deform on da blocks?

Thanks bud  :D
Mod Share / Re: Petaluma Speedway (4 Track Variants)
« Last post by KillerAJD on August 15, 2018, 07:31:31 AM »
Alright, it's not near perfect, but it works well enough for now. I've updated Double Banked Blitz so the AI takes both lanes. Thanks Purple44 and The Very End for the help!
same thing here, only with the harvester though
Mod Share / Re: Petaluma Speedway (4 Track Variants)
« Last post by Purple44 on August 14, 2018, 11:51:55 PM »
Sweet baby jesus....decided to try an alternate route that had NO reason not to work, and I've been having one hell of a time getting it to work. I think what ended up fixing it was that the start and end points for the alternate route in the scene file were wrong. Fixed those, and the AI seem to take the alternate path. Now, to make my ACTUAL alternate route and see if I can get that to work...

Ya when come to alt route, the right and left coordinates for start and end, they got be exact match to an aisector on the main route.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10