Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
FlatOut 2 / Re: foj car's on original flatout 2
« Last post by MamieNova on Today at 04:09:15 AM »
sounds like you want to extract specific cars from the mods and then build your own bfs file from scratch. Sounds like a lot of work though.
FlatOut / crash test dummy model request?
« Last post by raptor///jp on Today at 01:41:55 AM »
lol, i know the dummies have been complained  ;D but i found them cool to use in stunts events so if someone has the file in which the model is included could upload it as a mod?  :D
I'd like to try some shorter dirt ovals. Lots more sideways sliding that way. Eldora is very long for a dirt oval.

I'd also like to try some dirt ovals that aren't all new, even packed dirt. The best racing comes later when the center lane is almost bare and slippery but the outer edge and center edge have a packed dirt cushion with much better traction. Lots of interesting tactics and quick decisions that way. Also lots of chaos because some cars are following one line and many of the others are jumping to the edges.

I hope we can mod this. It looks like an unpacker would be needed first. I'm not even clear on where the car and track data are. Hopefully not all packed into the exe.

The graphics were mediocre but that's probably because the game was designed for 40 cars racing at once.
NR2003 was getting hard to find and expensive. I haven't checked lately.

NR2003 was where most of the mod building and racing moved to.

Lots of cool vintage dirt oval mods for NR2003. It also has prostock mods.

RF2 now has a Stock Car Resurrection mod with the early 1970s Nascar stocks.

Heat2 is the first Nascar game in a long time that most people didn't think was awful.
Everything Else / Introduction
« Last post by RexDarr on September 22, 2017, 08:50:02 PM »
Hello everyone,

I'd like to introduce myself.

My name is Rex. I'm 25 years old and live in Calgary, AB, Canada.
I'm an avid fan of the band The Offspring and quite the collector although I enjoy all types of music aside from gangster and mumble rap and modern country.
Music is an essential part of my life. If you enjoy any sort of rock, metal, or punk I have a feeling we'll be good friends.
You'll normally find me on Xbox playing NHL, Tropico, NASCAR, or Wreckfest (when it comes out!)
If you would like to add me on Xbox my gamertag is RexDarr

I hope to meet a lot of new friends on this forum.
We already have one common interest: We love smashing cars
FlatOut 2 / Re: foj car's on original flatout 2
« Last post by frenchman on September 22, 2017, 07:06:47 PM »
My complete game is too voluminous > https://vk.com/photo380786717_456239253 (and I wish to leave with my favorite cars)  :D
I honestly don't think it is any better than Nascar Racing 2003 or the oval sections of rFactor2.
I used to be an avid NASCAR fan back in 2003-2007 (I'd play NASCAR Thunder 2004, 2005: Chase For The Cup, 2006: Total Team Control, and '07 religiously).
But I was like 10-15 years old, so anything to do with cars or trucks was cool.
The last game I played was NASCAR 15' and to be honest I don't remember much about it.
Recently a friend has got me back into NASCAR (I only know maybe 1/5th of the drivers and recognize about half the tracks).
We were going to buy NASCAR Heat Evolution but after reading the reviews we decided to wait.
So as soon as I heard NASCAR Heat 2 had a release date I pre-ordered it.
I've logged about 20 hours worth of playing time and must admit, it isn't perfect but its definitely worth it.

PROS:
AI is aggressive and at times unforgiving
Tracks look realistic
Car handling feels like a car, not a boat
3 series (Camping World Trucks, Xfinity, Monster Energy)

CONS:
The career mode is lacking. No customization, no "racing team" feel. Just you out there racing
There isn't a ton of customization (limited paint schemes, no sponsor bonuses)
Vehicle/Tire wear is pretty much non-existent and the damage seems cartoony
Caution only comes out when multiple cars are involved (if you spin out or if someone else spins out on their own there's no caution

For what it is the game is decent. Heat 3 will definitely improve. But, this will fill the NASCAR void that most people will have after playing Heat Evolution
General Discussion / Re: Soundtrack Ideas
« Last post by Callahan420 on September 22, 2017, 07:42:18 AM »
Tried to get thumbnails for Youtube videos, but gave up with this ancient forum software. Anyway, couple potential soundtrack songs and great songs alltogether:

Just take the S out of https in the youtube link.

Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning

W.A.S.P - Show No Mercy
News / Re: June Update
« Last post by Purple44 on September 22, 2017, 02:00:32 AM »
I say it 50/50 chance we see a final version of Wreckfest release by the end of the year.

Bugbear still has a lot to do. I think things have to go real well for Wreckfest to be ready. If Bugbear run into some more snags\bugs in getting final version ready and trying get all them new visual parts for the rest the other cars done, I will be pleasantly surprise to see final release in December and I will get to keep my $50 bet.  :o

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10