Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
News / Re: April Update – Let's Hear Your Opinion!
« Last post by The Very End on Today at 09:39:45 AM »
What I am saying is that the developers should focus on the bigger task and the tasks that more people will enjoy. The clean racing group is a minority in Wreckfest' s community, meaning that the limited time left for development shoukd be used on more important stuff.

In additional, all programs is released with bugs. If they are not game breaking or if the community is not in a uproar of it - then it is one of those "nice to fix", but not a critical / must fix. Fixing all bugs is not possible. Some games that have been around for more than 10 years (age of Conan)  do still have bugs.

I agree with you that fixing it would be best, but we got to be realistic about it.

You say that the clean racing group are a minority in NCG? Most of the time when I look the majority of the players are on clean racing servers and not no rules servers etc. And that have been going on for a good while. So saying we are a minority totally not true and even IF that would be true, they should still fix problems like that so everyone can enjoy the game.

I dont understand some of you tbh, when I was preatty happy with the game and some of you "no rulers/wreckers" or I dunno what you wanna be called was unhappy I posted a comment that BB should fix that problem so we all could enjoy the game but when we racers are unhappy we should just take it as it is? That is so scuffed and unrespectfull. Next time I will just tell you to fix it yourself if you are unhappy with the game becuse why should BB do something? I mean, who even like the HP bar and that is still there? a MINORITY of ppl like it but if you dont, fix it yourself and stop complaining about it. (No not the same thing totally becuse I am talking about bugs with the FWD cars but hey, its only a minority of players it inpacts ;) )

Can you start to actually read what my post says, instead of twisting my words? I do not say that i do not want this to be fixed, but I say that there are more urgent matters to fix in this game than minor tweaks to one single car.

Also, whether or not you don't know or refuses to know, nothing is released without bugs and shortcomings. It is a matter of choosing what stuff we can live with and what not.

So say we have this scenario; Studio x has two weeks work time before release of product is set. They realizes that there are a lot of shortcomings and has to prioritize what to fix. They can either fix a minor quality of life aspect, or they can work on game breaking stuff, optimization or general updating of existing stuff to please their fans. Now, they cannot chose all, maybe just 1 or 2 if lucky.
And here is the essence of it: most likely there is a release time now and what's left to do is it prioritize the most broken aspects and fix them.

If you still disagree, please find some program developing and project literature, it covers these issues in details and how / what to prioritize.

Ps: there are tons of things I would like fixed, but right now I don't think there is time to fix all small issues there is. Also online numbers are irrelevant. It depends on time you are looking at, what servers are available and the fact that many people play offline. We, as of this forum, is the vocal minority.
Modding / Re: Wreckfest PSD Layered Templates
« Last post by bill1947 on Today at 06:48:41 AM »
Yes the Raster1 layer is grayscale.
« Last post by Zebulon55 on Today at 06:09:26 AM »
I gave that Bulldog front end decorations as well.

Edit/

I originally thought this was the all-awesome screenshot thread, and added one, but now I removed my screenshot. lol

Is the Raster 1 layer just a grayscale version of the headlights?
« Last post by bill1947 on Today at 02:36:30 AM »
I updated my Bulldog template and added a grill and headlights.

https://simracingdepot.us/

« Last post by BenDover on Today at 02:24:37 AM »
99% off the pkayerbase (random guess number) could not care less about balancing one simple car. Look on the bigger picture.

Create a mod or something, it is probably faster than forcing devs taking time that could be used on the other thousands of small bits to focus on.
Then  off course , if they are all done- then a small adjustment is allways welcome.

So its alright that they leave bugs in? Why did they not release the game years ago if so becuse the FWD car(s) are broken?

What if BB said, if you want the game to be better just make mods becuse we wont update it anymore 2 years ago, you would be alright with that End? (Becuse that is what you more or less applying here).  Its not the communitys job to fix the game if it is broken.

Befor releasing a game its devs should always fix the know issues befor releasing it and call it a complete game or atleast making sure it will get fixed within reason time after its released.

Have you tried disabling certain parts on your server ben? I think it might be possible by simply ticking the 'ai upgrade' part. And im 99% sure that variable isn't part of the anti cheat. So on your server you set the locked diff or any other parts that cause problems as 'ai upgrade' only. Then when anyone joins with those parts they will get a 'invalid parts' flag and have to change to open diff in order to drive that car.

I use the same method for adding skins to the banger mod. Add extra .vepa files with the 'ai only' flag. Then regular users cant choose/see them. But skin pack makers can untick the variable,add extra skins without replacing others and its all anticheat/server friendly.

soooo where are the big news?????????????????????

"T-14D" was the news but i suspect it was probably THQ who made the original post,possibly prematurely?

Thanks sam, i will look into this. :)
« Last post by BenDover on Today at 02:22:09 AM »
What I am saying is that the developers should focus on the bigger task and the tasks that more people will enjoy. The clean racing group is a minority in Wreckfest' s community, meaning that the limited time left for development shoukd be used on more important stuff.

In additional, all programs is released with bugs. If they are not game breaking or if the community is not in a uproar of it - then it is one of those "nice to fix", but not a critical / must fix. Fixing all bugs is not possible. Some games that have been around for more than 10 years (age of Conan)  do still have bugs.

I agree with you that fixing it would be best, but we got to be realistic about it.

You say that the clean racing group are a minority in NCG? Most of the time when I look the majority of the players are on clean racing servers and not no rules servers etc. And that have been going on for a good while. So saying we are a minority totally not true and even IF that would be true, they should still fix problems like that so everyone can enjoy the game.

I dont understand some of you tbh, when I was preatty happy with the game and some of you "no rulers/wreckers" or I dunno what you wanna be called was unhappy I posted a comment that BB should fix that problem so we all could enjoy the game but when we racers are unhappy we should just take it as it is? That is so scuffed and unrespectfull. Next time I will just tell you to fix it yourself if you are unhappy with the game becuse why should BB do something? I mean, who even like the HP bar and that is still there? a MINORITY of ppl like it but if you dont, fix it yourself and stop complaining about it. (No not the same thing totally becuse I am talking about bugs with the FWD cars but hey, its only a minority of players it inpacts ;) )

« Last post by Daystar on Today at 12:23:36 AM »
Yep meant build updates actually. my bad. There was a point after they made a killing in Steam sales, and we had no updates no word for a long time, and a bunch of us thought they took the money and ran.
The server is up, and will be locked soon. The password will be:

dirty9
« Last post by Purple44 on May 20, 2018, 10:47:52 PM »
cant take it anymore....this is like torture....another 14 days of wait...ahhhh...so weak...ahhh  :'( lol

Haha don't worry man.. remember a few years ago, we had not hear from BB team in like 6 months. this is not a problem... just wait it out a couple weeks! alles klar homie ;)

When Bugbear been quiet for a whole 6 months??

Bugbear gone quiet for 3 months, do not recall them going quit for 6 months, even during the long wait for Build #7.

Okay maybe 4 months! excuse me?! lmao   However I do know it was a very long time for us. go research... as my memory recalls, it was almost 5 to 6 months!

Part 2 posted now in post above.

Part 3:

For the skin thing, RickyB is on the right track - since the data needs to be in sync for all clients it was done like this, i.e. it's not possible for some clients to have more slots than others.

There are some significant changes coming in the skin department.

So Janne, does that mean there will be no random track, random car mode?  :(

Sorry Purple, it's unlikely seeing as we're working against a tight deadline.

We actually looked into implementing Suicide Race but since the whole AI logic (as well as race position logic for the player) currently assumes that everyone drives into the same direction it would have been more complex to implement than we initially hoped, hence it needed to go. That said who knows - we'd still love to include it one day, it's a classic game mode that would rock especially online.

That too, and also the fact that most people don't care to spend many hours painstakingly placing decals and stuff like that, so to really go that route we would have also probably needed a way to share custom creations online, in-game, which in turn would have been a pretty resource intensive task for us and would have meant less time for something else.

AI is already using customized paints, so every car is different. Visual part support is there too, but not used yet.

Material rollout in 3ds Max/the PBR materials of the game defined with material maps.

With some very basic materials everything is well, no more glitched shadows:

Hang tight, we've identified this problem ourselves as well and are working on a solution :)

It does depend on an oval, though, they do somewhat better on higher banked ones like Speedway 2.

I agree there need be an option for a health bar that will last longer so we can do more damage to the car bodies and survive a few more hits than 4, so we can show off the soft-body damage in Wreckfest.

Uh Purple, that does sound slightly contradicting doesn't it? :)

If we want to the cars to last longer the only sensible way to do this is to reduce the amount of visual damage especially from major hits. If we would only increase the health of the car, we would start seeing glitched cars once again, and while it's fun for the first or the second time, I hope that's not what anyone wants in the long term since it's been something that everyone has been complaining since year zero.

Bear in mind that the kind of hits that the car receives (location wise) does make a huge effect on how soon the car dies and how it will look before being wrecked; the more hits you get to the same location the quicker the car will die.

So, the million dollar question here really is: what do we put the defaults at for the final game?

Sorry about having so many options but it's more or less the only way to do this.

This really doesn't apply that much to wheel users but we didn't want to leave you guys out so feel free to vote.

Also, if you have worked out your "magic" setup for the other settings feel free to share - unless of course they're your secret weapon :)

Dear Wreckers,

The holiday season is upon us, and we want to take this opportunity to thank you for this past year. During this year, the game has taken some significant steps towards the final release, and this is largely thanks to you. Your enthusiastic feedback has enabled us to shape the game to what it is currently, and while sometimes opinions might differ, nothing is more rewarding for the developer than to see how much players care about your game.

In the major December Update earlier this month we introduced brand new features high on everyone's wish list, like the preview of the upcoming career mode, paint customization, mechanical damage and rivals, as well as major content updates like eight brand new cars and polished tracks, not to forget performance optimization and numerous tweaks to make the game more enjoyable. Judging by the feedback we've received you have been enjoying the game more than ever, and it's not surprising since the game is finally beginning to feel like a real game  ­– even we've been excited by it!

We'll now take a short holiday break to spend some time with our families (and of course race you online!) but surely enough, next year will be even more exciting for all of us with awesome things lined up for the game, like expanded career with special challenge events and even more new cars to name just a few. We can't wait to share all that with you!

Thanks for sticking with us and happy holidays from the entire team here at Bugbear!

P.S. We've also updated the game to the latest version, enabling gamepad vibration again :)

I'm going leave it there, since Bugbear been doing good job of keeping us in the loop this year, 2018.  :D :D

I was wrong Daystar, the longest quiet period for Bugbear in the forum was 2 months, not 3 months. There were a few 1 month to 1 1\2 months Bugbear did go quiet in the forum.

I wonder if you thinking about Build updates? We waited 9 months for Build #7 to get stable enough to get release and we have waited 3 months for a Build release and last year update after the June update, took 4 months get it out, but was worth the wait:   :D

Build #1 - Sunday before Christmas - Dec 22, 2013
Build #2 - Wednesday release - Jan 15 - Steam 1st Build 2014.
Build #3 - Saturday release - Feb 15, 2014
Build #4 - Thursday release - April 17, 2014
Build #5 - Thursday release - July 3, 2014
Build #6 - Thursday or Friday - Oct 2 or 3, 2014
Build #7 - Tuesday - June 30, 2015
Build #8 - Thursday - Nov 19, 2015
Build #9 - Monday - Nov 30, 2015
Update #10 - Thursday - Dec 3, 2015
Update #11 - Friday - Dec 18, 2015
Update #12 - Wednesday - Dec 23, 2015
Update #13 - Saturday - Feb 2, 2016
Update #14 - Wednesday - March 16, 2016