Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
News / Re: December Update
« Last post by Zebulon55 on January 17, 2018, 12:21:14 PM »
We usually just refer to it as "@!#* I'm stuck"!!!

Next time I'm hung up on that rail under the billboards on the Dirt Figure 8, I'll have to type in chat what the ESL class said on the old Bill Murray movie "Stripes" -  "Sunny Beach! Sheet!"   ;D

General Discussion / Re: What are we working on?
« Last post by Janne Suur-Näkki on January 17, 2018, 09:14:18 AM »
Yes, you will - we'll push out a blog post this week detailing what we're currently working on but our current plan is that there will be a new update soon.
Bug Reports / Re: Speed Boost/No Damage When Wall Riding
« Last post by Janne Suur-Näkki on January 17, 2018, 09:04:07 AM »
Thanks for the reminder - we'll look into this for the next update.
General Discussion / Re: What are we working on?
« Last post by Callahan420 on January 17, 2018, 08:58:39 AM »
Will there be some update soon?

There was just an update at the end of December. I don't expect another update until release or close to release.

I'm expecting at least one more Build release before final version get release. Dec Build and the hotfixes got Wreckfest closer to be ready for prime time, but there a lot of suggestions and bug fixes that will need at least one more testing by the community.

I agree but think it will be close to release. But wasn't most people uncertain about getting this last update? I was just grateful to get it and makes me wonder if we will get the chance to play the build before final release.
News / Re: December Update
« Last post by CFodder on January 17, 2018, 05:01:22 AM »
Looks like that was after a trip to the bar :)
« Last post by Heddly on January 17, 2018, 03:20:30 AM »
If not already known, then it should be, I pointed this out a while ago, would be nice for something to happen about it.

Would it be as easy as adding more friction to barriers? it's a huge issue on ovals, but also other tracks as you've pointed out.

If you watch the video the driver is easing/smoothly rubbing the barriers. I agree that a slight change is needed. Never once did he contact the wall at a sharp angle.
« Last post by Hoppen on January 17, 2018, 02:21:11 AM »
If not already known, then it should be, I pointed this out a while ago, would be nice for something to happen about it.

Would it be as easy as adding more friction to barriers? it's a huge issue on ovals, but also other tracks as you've pointed out.
Bug Reports / Speed Boost/No Damage When Wall Riding
« Last post by KingOfTheCakes on January 16, 2018, 11:07:00 PM »
ISSUE
Speed Boost When Wall Riding (If it's a known big, I'll modify icon.)

DESCRIPTION
Very little or no loss of speed or damage when using wall to get round corners, these are examples I came across myself. For me, I gain like 3 to 5 seconds with this bug and I don't recall this being a problem until the December update. It pretty much works everytime too.

SCREENSHOT/VIDEO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA9jLl4pqyI&feature=youtu.be
Modding / Re: Custom Skins Thread
« Last post by sam223 on January 16, 2018, 05:00:03 PM »
Looks good,easy yea?
I don't think you'll get coloured rims working with in game shaders. I tried before mapping them to the #body texture. But the material used for rims makes them work,meaning if you assign #car_body (in game paint system) to rims,they no longer rotate.

You should be fine with parts,128 is the new max (up from 64 custom visual parts per car). And if you want to be super safe then include body.vhcl and body_meta.vhcm in your mod. Then when the model gets updated eventually you can decide whether you want to include the extra visual parts or not without losing your work.
Modding / Re: Custom Skins Thread
« Last post by TT on January 16, 2018, 04:41:55 PM »
First,  I made selectable colored rims for the Rammer RS to see what that would look like.

I think that I can get the textures a little better.

Then, I put the Speedbird (01 American) rims on the Starbeast to see how that would look.

I'm painting some colored versions of the rims from the Speedbird and Starbeast so that I can check them out on the Rammers.

I might see if there is a way to get the rim textures from some unused spot on the body skin. That way the default wheel would already have the correct color. The problem with that is that any unused space might get used up by Bugbear for new custom parts.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10