Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Hi!

I have only 8 cars irl and wf I have 14 cars & lawnmower & harevester. 8)
Player-Run Events / Re: Saturday Night Mod(s)
« Last post by Purple44 on August 13, 2018, 08:31:32 PM »
Now on to Cops and Robbers, Saturday September 8. I got 4 weeks to get all the arenas working with final version of Wreckfest.

General Discussion / Re: Game still doesn't feel optimised fully
« Last post by Purple44 on August 13, 2018, 07:50:16 PM »
A quad CPU? Wreckfest need a fast single thread CPU. I'm thinking your old quad CPU the bottleneck holding your computer back from handling the graphics better.

My i5 2500, 660 could handle 24 cars most the time with medium graphic settings and a 1152x864 resolution for my CRT. Got me 40 Fps on most tracks. Dust\smoke and a lot of spectators can drag down FPS at start of race.
Vehicles / Re: Wreckfest template all vehicles please
« Last post by sam223 on August 13, 2018, 03:56:42 PM »
Owner has removed them
Support / Re: Starts and closes instant
« Last post by jeremyRockit on August 13, 2018, 03:52:22 PM »
A friend gifted me the game today i intalled it and tryed to start but after pressing the play button in steam the game opens a menu where i can pick start on 64 or 32 bit, its irrelevant what i pick directly after it closes. It starts no other screen nothing it just closes, you could say it never starts the game. Can someone help me with my problem ?

Just solved the exact problem with a Windows Reset. Saved files/data but had to install/download all my games and programs but it worked on the first try after.
Support / Re: Game Will Not Launch
« Last post by jeremyRockit on August 13, 2018, 03:50:02 PM »
Hmm if the Santa doesn't work, then you might be missing something from your computer. Doing Windows reset could help. Win10 might have done something odd.

You’ll have to forgive my ignorance, I don’t have to troubleshoot computers often. The Windows Reset worked!!!! Thank you SO much!! I’ve already played for 8 hours according to steam since Saturday! This game is so much fun!!

Thank you again!

Jeremy
General Discussion / Re: Game still doesn't feel optimised fully
« Last post by St. Jimmy on August 13, 2018, 01:47:09 PM »
You've rFactor 2? That racing game is pretty demanding. Wreckfest can also be pretty demanding.

One pretty common issue has been this:
steamcommunity.com/app/228380/discussions/0/3160848559772841424/

Many people needed to reseat their GPU, clean the contacts etc. There aren't many games where bandwidth can cause big bottleneck but Wreckfest and rFactor 2 are great examples for that.
General Discussion / Game still doesn't feel optimised fully
« Last post by Coopz on August 13, 2018, 12:15:08 PM »
 My system is pretty mid level, a Intel quad running at 3.8ghz, 8g of ram with a GTX760 on good ol' Win7 64.
 Just feels like the game does not run to the best of its ability. On max detail the game chugs along at 10-15fps with 20 cars, turning grass off and setting textures to medium plus turning off a few other graphic enhancements boosts the frames to 25-30 with a fairly 'meh' looking game graphic wise. The game only seems to use 70% of the cpu power though, even when there is a big pileup it slows the fps down noticeably the cpu use never goes over 85%.
 Other racing games like iRacing and Assetto Corsa seem to run at much higher levels of detail with far superior FPS, they may not have the same damage modelling but they have highly advanced tyre and physics models.
 Just feel like this game, despite its cool destructive cars and environments does not really run at a acceptable level for the graphics it puts out.
Player-Run Events / Re: Nascar League!
« Last post by BenDover on August 13, 2018, 11:40:44 AM »
Added you on the undecided list :)
Bug Reports / Re: Crash everytime when going into settings menu
« Last post by Janne Suur-Näkki on August 13, 2018, 11:22:48 AM »
Should be fixed in the next update (for real).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10