Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
FlatOut 2 / Re: Ai driver skin
« Last post by sianlihaa on February 18, 2018, 08:02:45 PM »
so is there any possible to change the driver skin?
« Last post by Tonza on February 18, 2018, 08:01:03 PM »
It gives you their paintjobs as an option among the default ones
« Last post by sianlihaa on February 18, 2018, 07:39:26 PM »
so does this make possible to play as ray carter or katie jackson etc ?
Modding / Re: Custom Skins Thread
« Last post by bill1947 on February 18, 2018, 07:25:43 PM »
Looking good.
« Last post by Tonza on February 18, 2018, 07:10:00 PM »
Modding / Re: Custom Skins Thread
« Last post by TT on February 18, 2018, 06:12:26 PM »
I got all 64 cars and both models working together.

Vin will post a preview version soon.

All action at B class until I finish adding the custom performance stuff.

Banger needs to buy an engine upgrade to compete with the RS.

Modding / Re: 3DSMax Plugins Not working
« Last post by Halal Meats on February 18, 2018, 06:09:49 PM »
The plugins do not work for 3ds Max 2018, I had this problem earlier. I'm using 2015 at the moment.
Modding / Re: Flatout 2 Cars Take 2
« Last post by Halal Meats on February 18, 2018, 06:08:39 PM »
I think the deform might be weird because of where I put the collision spheres, I edited the solidbody to cover the body and it seems to have made the body deform better, but things like the fenders and the engine are still deforming pretty poorly.

I think I either have too many collision spheres or they are not in the right places. Either way, deforming for this car will be hard because I have been trying to get it to break 300 mph (it is the flatmobile, after all), so I have to get the deform pretty good otherwise it will be weird. Right now it tops out at 243 but I stopped messing with those files because I thought it would be better to focus on getting the model fully in the game first.

Right now I have 3 other problems I am trying to solve.

1. Sometimes the steering locks up above 175 mph.
I noticed this on one of the tracks in The Very Track Pack (The biggest oval one, I don't remember the name). There are some collision noises that I thought might be the body hitting the ground but I never really figured it out. I don't get fast enough on the other tracks to see if it still happens there.

2. The ride height wont change anymore.
If I change the ride height in the suspension part file it doesn't change anything. The car is sitting higher than it should be. I think this happened after I changed the solidbody but I am not completely sure.

3. Flappy wheels after collisions... (again)
Same problem I had with the CTR's wheels before. It wasn't as bad with low speed collisions but with high speed collisions the wheels start rotating around an invisible axis. I reset Xform and reset the pivot to the center but nothing changed. My only guess is that the tire size in "tires/stock_(front/rear).vtif" is not correct (I haven't changed it). Also, I renamed the wheel hubs from the original model to be the brake discs, but they float outside the car for some reason. I had this problem before but I don't remember what I did to fix it.

I'll but troubleshooting these but if you know about these issues and could offer some help that would be great!
News / Re: January Update
« Last post by RickyB on February 18, 2018, 05:20:13 PM »
...nice, still rising...  8)
Modding / Re: Mod Development Screenshots
« Last post by RickyB on February 18, 2018, 05:08:52 PM »
Thanks guys :)
... "2 bridges with ramps and suicide hole in the middle ?" idea sounds nice, but if it's a pit in the middle where you just can't get out or instantly DNF, it would probably just take a lot of cars out of the race rather early. AI won't always have enough speed to jump over the hole. Not sure if that's so good?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10