Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
General Discussion / Re: definitive version....
« Last post by senillosa on October 11, 2018, 09:31:51 AM »
here is my download is launch

thank you very much jimmy

actually i wasnt in the right place, i started a search on DB by writing wreckfest and was on the wrong page, there was no description of the game

but i wouldnt have taken the risk of getting a command line in the steam console without knowing what i was doing so even though i was going to the right place i could have done nothing

so thank you, i will test and tell you what i think
Tracks / QoL Improvement for Wreckfest Track Naming Conventions
« Last post by XiCynx on October 11, 2018, 04:19:52 AM »
Hi all,
Haven't made many posts here but I try to make them quality.  Today I was getting the track names ready for a racing league we have running right now and noticed that the naming convention for the tracks in Wreckfest is all over the place.  I took some time and renamed a FEW of the tracks and then renamed all of their routes to make them identical which should make more sense and be easier to work with in general for everyone.  I've also included on the first few a server naming scheme for when you're making track rotations. I'm not sure if this is something BugBear can change but I feel like this is a QoL improvement they can implement before releasing on Console and then keep up with it from there.

Tracks
Midwest Motocenter >> Midwest Motocenter
Sandstone Raceway >> Sandstone Raceway
Savolax Sandpit >> Savolax Sandpit
Boulder Bank Circuit >> Boulder Bank Ranch
Fire Rock Raceway >> Fire Rock Raceway
Motorcity Circuit >> Motorcity Raceway
Espedalen Raceway >> Espedalen Raceway
Finncross Circuit >> Finncross Country Club
Maasten Motocenter >> Maasten Motocenter
Pinehills Raceway >> Pinehills Raceway
Rosenheim Raceway >> Rosenheim Raceway
Northland Raceway >> Northland Ranch
Firwood Motocenter >> Firwood Motocenter

Circuits
Midwest Motocenter Main Loop >> Midwest Motocenter Main Circuit (server name: mm_mc)
Midwest Motocenter Main Loop Reverse >> Midwest Motocenter Main Circuit Reverse (server name: mm_mcr)

Sandstone Raceway Main Route >> Sandstone Raceway Main Circuit (server name: sr_mc)
Sandstone Raceway Main Route Reverse >> Sandstone Raceway Main Circuit Reverse (server name: sr_mcr)
Sandstone Raceway Short Route >> Sandstone Raceway Short Circuit (server name: sr_sc)
Sandstone Raceway Short Route Reverse >> Sandstone Raceway Short Circuit Reverse (server name: sr_scr)
Sandstone Raceway Alt Route >> Sandstone Raceway Alt Circuit (server name: sr_ac)
Sandstone Raceway Alt Route Reverse >> Sandstone Raceway Alt Circuit Reverse (server name: sr_acr)

Savolax Sandpit Full Circuit >> Savolax Sandpit Main Circuit
Savolax Sandpit Full Circuit Reverse >> Savolax Sandpit Main Circuit Reverse
Savolax Sandpit Short Circuit >> Savolax Sandpit Short Circuit
Savolax Sandpit Short Circuit Reverse >> Savolax Sandpit Short Circuit Reverse

Boulder Bank Circuit Full Circuit >> Boulder Bank Ranch Main Circuit
Boulder Bank Circuit Full Circuit Reverse >> Boulder Bank Ranch Main Circuit Reverse
Boulder Bank Circuit Short Circuit >> Boulder Bank Ranch Short Circuit
Boulder Bank Circuit Short Circuit Reverse >> Boulder Bank Ranch Short Circuit Reverse

Fire Rock Raceway Full Circuit >> Fire Rock Raceway Main Circuit
Fire Rock Raceway Full Circuit Reverse >> Fire Rock Raceway Main Circuit Reverse
Fire Rock Raceway Short Circuit >> Fire Rock Raceway Short Circuit
Fire Rock Raceway Short Circuit Reverse >> Fire Rock Raceway Short Circuit Reverse

Motorcity Circuit Main Circuit >> Motorcity Raceway Main Circuit
Motorcity Circuit Main Circuit Reverse >> Motorcity Raceway Main Circuit Reverse

Espedalen Raceway Main Circuit >> Espedalen Raceway Main Circuit
Espedalen Raceway Main Circuit Reverse >> Espedalen Raceway Main Circuit Reverse
Espedalen Raceway Short Circuit >> Espedalen Raceway Short Circuit
Espedalen Raceway Short Circuit Reverse >> Espedalen Raceway Short Circuit Reverse

Finncross Circuit Main Circuit >> Finncross Country Club Main Circuit
Finncross Circuit Main Circuit Reverse >> Finncross Country Club Main Circuit Reverse

Maasten Motocenter Main Circuit >> Maasten Motocenter Main Circuit
Maasten Motocenter Main Circuit Reverse >> Maasten Motocenter Main Circuit Reverse

Pinehills Raceway Full Circuit >> Pinehills Raceway Main Circuit
Pinehills Raceway Full Circuit Reverse >> Pinehills Raceway Main Circuit Reverse
Pinehills Raceway Short Circuit >> Pinehills Raceway Short Circuit
Pinehills Raceway Short Circuit Reverse >> Pinehills Raceway Short Circuit Reverse

Rosenheim Raceway Main Circuit >> Rosenheim Raceway Main Circuit
Rosenheim Raceway Main Circuit Reverse >> Rosenheim Raceway Main Circuit Reverse

Northland Raceway Outer Loop >> Northland Ranch Main Circuit
Northland Raceway Outer Loop Reverse >> Northland Ranch Main Circuit Reverse
Northland Raceway Inner Loop >> Northland Ranch Short Circuit
Northland Raceway Inner Loop Reverse >> Northland Ranch Short Circuit Reverse
Northland Raceway Free Route >> Northland Ranch Alt Circuit

Firwood Motocenter Full Circuit >> Firwood Motocenter Main Circuit
Firwood Motocenter Full Circuit Reverse >> Firwood Motocenter Main Circuit Reverse
Firwood Motocenter Short Circuit >> Firwood Motocenter Short Circuit
Firwood Motocenter Short Circuit Reverse >> Firwood Motocenter Short Circuit Reverse
Bug Reports / Re: Car loses health when it shouldn't
« Last post by St. Jimmy on October 11, 2018, 01:26:47 AM »
Yes correct. That's how I've been experiencing it to be. When armour is lost somewhere, you're vulnerable everywhere.
« Last post by Purple44 on October 11, 2018, 01:14:52 AM »
If I understanding you correctly Jimmy. you say no matter which end of car you use to hit another car, bad end or good end of car, damage to health bar is about the same?

And you like the damage to health bar to be minimal if use good health end of car, even if other half of car is severely damage?
« Last post by St. Jimmy on October 11, 2018, 12:50:52 AM »
But is this really a bug Jimmy?

Shouldn't you loose some health any time you hit another car, even with healthy part of car? But when hitting with healthy part of car, damage receive is less to your car than if hit a car with severe damage part of car?

It shouldn't work that way because I've modded it so, when sector that has like 1% health left only then car starts to loose health. Naturally it should't only loose health when hit on that black sector, not the one that's totally fine!

This could even affect the vanilla game but you don't see it easily because the scale isn't big and we are used to loose health no matter what. It could be that for example in a derby if you only use front of the car, then when that's broken and you move to use the back end of the car, you'll still loose the health like using the broken sector (like front sector in this example).
« Last post by Purple44 on October 11, 2018, 12:27:03 AM »
But is this really a bug Jimmy?

Shouldn't you loose some health any time you hit another car, even with healthy part of car? But when hitting with healthy part of car, damage receive is less to your car than if hit a car with severe damage part of car?
Bug Reports / Car loses health when it shouldn't
« Last post by St. Jimmy on October 10, 2018, 11:42:08 PM »
I think I probably mentioned something like this before but I'd like to address this issue again.

I can't make a mod where I loose health only if I've hit on dark red/black sector because of this.

So for example I've totaled back end of the car and the game shows back sector black. Everything else is intact. I then try to use the front of the vehicle but I start to loose health as I hit others.

I'm really starting to be out of ideas with the files that could affect that. And I'm really thinking there's a bug in the system.

I'm seeing that I don't loose health when i hit objects or wall. It's just with other cars that I loose health no matter what. Would be nice if it works that health isn't lost also against other cars.

I can provide a quick mod and video if needed.
Bug Reports / Re: NVIDIA driver crashes
« Last post by gordon-- on October 10, 2018, 08:04:19 PM »
Jepp, hardware issues or buggy drivers. But since it is more or less reproducible I'm not sure if this is the case this time. Of course I can not promise that it is caused by the game, but I think so. I'll try to make the driver crash on other games too.
Today I reinstalled my graphic card, cleaned pins, removed dust etc. but that didn't help.
General Discussion / Re: definitive version....
« Last post by St. Jimmy on October 10, 2018, 03:37:23 PM »
are tutorial is not clear at all i will definitely not venture to do anything like this

i dont know where to find all ID... "app IDs, ID depot, and the manifest ID"
i dont understand anything at his command line he offers us

this tutorial is not a tutorial but a tip for a small number of people able to understand it

if anyone knows what this guy is talking about
and that he will help me ...

this version of wreckesft is i think the one i'm looking for

https://steamdb.info/sub/36750/history/

Change # 4178835

it is the version of March because that of April does not exist in the list

if you know what to do to install this version thank you kindly make me a real tutorial

Well you were in the completely wrong place as a start so no wonder you've not figured it out... OK here we go:

Example downloading April 25th build:
Code: [Select]
download_depot 228380 228381 8537083891951999308 : download a single depot
228380 is the AppID of Wreckfest as seen in this link already https://steamdb.info/app/228380/
Your link was for Digital Deluxe Upgrade... That's just a DLC...

228381 is the DepotID: https://steamdb.info/app/228380/depots/?branch=public
As you want to have the Next Car Game Public Content

8537083891951999308 is the ManifestID: https://steamdb.info/depot/228381/manifests/
Going in that link you click on the 228381 and you can see every public build's manifest ID there.

Then follow this for the rest of stuff https://imgur.com/a/gBLJO
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So basically everything you need for downloading old version of Wreckfest is found under this link https://steamdb.info/depot/228381/manifests/

And then follow this https://imgur.com/a/gBLJO

////

EDIT:

OK you also likely need to play with appmanifest_228380.acf file as showed in this video.

Also you might need make the file Read-only so it keeps itself that way so you don't need to update. At least that helped me though after done it right way once, it was possible to take the read-only status off and play even when Steam was online.

It's advanced stuff but that's what you need to do if you want to have older version of the game.
Modding / Re: Example car
« Last post by phosPhoreScent_o on October 10, 2018, 02:48:12 PM »
THX a bunch Janne, was just gonna pick up modding again and noticed all .max files were gone
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]