Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
News / Re: April Update – Let's Hear Your Opinion!
« Last post by JohnBlackhills on May 20, 2018, 10:07:30 PM »
Fear not, here come the omitted screenshots:

Simply a few screens with us playing around with the foliage. Note that currently you need pretty hefty hardware to run the game with such a great amount of foliage -- pending optimization, of course ;-)

Damn.. I wish there could be THIS much foliage around the tracks. When I look at the foliage what we have know - it's mostly one texture of grass and some bushes around the trees :/ I miss old tarmac 1 because of nice foliage everywhere around the track and the whole track felt like an abandoned racing track. I loved it so much.
« Last post by Tonza on May 20, 2018, 09:41:54 PM »

Simply a few screens with us playing around with the foliage. Note that currently you need pretty hefty hardware to run the game with such a great amount of foliage -- pending optimization, of course ;-)

Thanks for your understanding and patience regarding the progress of our game. As has been stated before we're a pretty small team and we have had (and still do to some extent) pretty tall challenges simply because we do not want this game to end up being just another garden-variety racer. In that sense it's only natural that we've so far mostly focused on the driving and crashing physics because those are really the meat of our game, by which it will be measured and remembered when we're done. Yep, we're still not done with them at all, but in future you will see more progress in the other areas of the game as well when we can afford to divert our resources. For example, to tell you a little secret here and now, we have a proper PBR shader in the works...

Intereseting looking environment in those screenies. Look like very early Gravel 1 to me.  Which lead me to question will the tracks be named? Like Flatout 1
« Last post by Tonza on May 20, 2018, 09:38:08 PM »
It's a Volvo PV544.

The Beetle can be seen on the left of the screenshot that was posted a few days ago, behind the Starbeast. At least that's what it looks like to me, I can't see the Bulldog's spoiler, but I may be wrong.
https://www.facebook.com/wreckfestofficial/photos/a.616161582054624.1073741829.368860546784730/670760249928090/?type=3&theater
It's the Bulldog ;)

It's a Volvo PV544.

The Beetle can be seen on the left of the screenshot that was posted a few days ago, behind the Starbeast.
https://www.facebook.com/wreckfestofficial/photos/a.616161582054624.1073741829.368860546784730/670760249928090/?type=3&theater

OMG I see now. never knew Volvo had such an ugly beast lol! but yeah in all do respect, Volvo is a very reliable car. am curios why it is similar to a vw. but what ever, I stick to my Americanish Faves ;) more sexy looking ya know? lol

Too bad (atleast in Finland) Volvo drivers are complete @%#&$s. Up there with BMW and the worst of them all, Audi drivers.
Guess that is what happens when their car with 0 personality makes up 50% of their personality LOL! I always keep a good distance to those cars.
« Last post by Purple44 on May 20, 2018, 09:34:24 PM »
cant take it anymore....this is like torture....another 14 days of wait...ahhhh...so weak...ahhh  :'( lol

Haha don't worry man.. remember a few years ago, we had not hear from BB team in like 6 months. this is not a problem... just wait it out a couple weeks! alles klar homie ;)

When Bugbear been quiet for a whole 6 months??

Bugbear gone quiet for 3 months, do not recall them going quit for 6 months, even during the long wait for Build #7.

Okay maybe 4 months! excuse me?! lmao   However I do know it was a very long time for us. go research... as my memory recalls, it was almost 5 to 6 months!

Part 2:

No problem, you guys enjoy the update and of course the holidays too :-)

DD-Indeed

Regarding the suspension setups, yeah absolutely! It's only now that we're more or less happy with how they are, and they should react more 'naturally' in different situations. But of course, work continues.

And sorry for being so slow to reply to your PM, I will get back to you. Just been really busy, I also had a shoulder surgery done recently which has kept me somewhat preoccupied as you can probably understand :D

A hotfix for yesterday's update is now available with following improvements:

* Fixed particles.
* Reduced rough material reflectivity.
* Added stiff limited slip differentials.
* Added Asian 1 AI players.
* Improved Mixed 1 level art.
* Auto-repair can be previewed by hovering over the button.
* Added background blur effect to main menu.

Enjoy!

Tgrooms
Yes, you can create custom engines and actually ANY part with BagEditor, a custom version of the in-inhouse tool we use. Take a look at the example vehicle to get you going.

The Very End
We're still working on the track modding support to make the pipeline easier.

St. Jimmy
I'm actually not sure if spaces are supported because I've never tried using them but it's probably not a good idea use them or any fancy special characters. In any case it's just the name of the folder, your car can be given a proper in-game name in BagEditor.

Regarding the tire damage, I just noticed I made a mistake this morning (blame it on not sleeping enough): indeed, the lower the values are the easier the parts will detach. This is the case because the values represent metres, so for example 0.1 as a release point means that the part will need to move from it's original location (by being deformed) by 10 centimetres until it is detached. To test, try putting high values for bend and stop points to dial them out and low values to release. As for any panel you want to detach you need to create a .panl and set the tilt, unlock and release distances in the same fashion as for wheels. Unfortunately the only way to make sure the wheel detaches first is to use a low value for its release point, for panels you can always parent them by simply putting the parent name in the parent field (uh, how many words 'parent' you can have in a one sentence...).

I'm afraid I'm not really an expert on the vehicle physics so I'm not sure how much I can help but as far as I'm aware for inertia you should use boxed inertia (just take care to use correct x/y/z orientation, ours might be different from various calculators).

As for friction, you're probably trying to modify the surface parameters in shared/physics/tiredynamics, right? You can adjust the static and slide friction individually (Lat Friction, Lon Friction), just make sure to keep track of lateral and longitudinal load sensitivity as well or disable it altogether in the beginning. Also, it's probably good idea to copy our values for downforce and aero drag before trying to tune the tire since extreme values will really whack things up.

I totally agree we should prepare some kind of documentation on all the values, it's hard to remember everything :) We actually built a comment feature into Bag Editor to document the features but it's not been used much.

Mazay: I wonder what happened with the scroll bar... Thanks, we'll fix it! Sorry, what do you mean with the track verification?

Daystar: The weather list should be in the same folder with rest of your mod in wherever the game is installed, i.e. in D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Bugbear Entertainment\mods\Daystar Skies Test. It's data/weather/property/career/weathers.cwea. Like said, it's not needed anymore. As for the name and state, open your weathers in D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Bugbear Entertainment\mods\Daystar Skies Test\data\property\weather one by one with BagEditor and add a name and toggle the state to Mod.

Mike, thanks for sharing the screenshots. Your new sky work looks great as usual!

The Very End, let's see...

1) That should be easy if you keep in mind that every AI driver is a player aicr file in ai/player. To have AI drive only one car you should only need to delete (or move away) all the aicr files than just the one you want to keep and make it point to the vehicle and profile you want to use. I don't think I've ever tested what happens (internally we have a better way to make AI only use one car) if there are no suitable AI players found for the car class you're using, but it's worth a short.

2) That's not easy, mainly because gameplay damage and deform is so tightly knit together so basically whenever you increase the car armor or health it will stay alive longer and have a chance to deform more. Basically you have two options, neither of which is perfect. First is to simply increase the health for the cars, meaning that they will last longer but you've probably noticed by now increasing health doesn't reduce the amount of damage they receive, so as a result they will deform more and become visually deranged. The other option that you might consider is to increase the low threshold for Momentum to HP Damage, basically clamping out hits that fall under the threshold. That's basically how we've now set up the damage, if you look at damage.dset you will notice that for example 100% intact sectors any hit less than 5000 momentum is disregarded.

We have a very exciting announcement to make. Since the Early Access launch of Wreckfest we have been asked whether Wreckfest will be ever released on consoles, and we're now thrilled to announce that Wreckfest is officially coming to Xbox One™ and PlayStation®4! Quoting our Studio Director, Janne Alanenpää: "Thanks to the raw power of both Xbox One™ and PlayStation®4 we will be able to unleash our undistilled vision of a next-generation demolition racing game on consoles as well and expand our audience considerably." And the best part? We're already taking pre-orders so that you can jump in early and become active in the game’s development by providing feedback that will help shape the title into something even better before its final release. By pre-ordering now you will also make sure you're be among the first to play the game when the first playable console version is released in Early Access!

STUNTFEST, A NEW GAME COMING SOON!
In other exciting news we've teamed up with an investing partner for an entirely new game project. That's right. Stuntfest is a wacky vehicle-based physics playground that will enable you to create your own mischievous levels using the easy-to-use in-game editor and then trying to accomplish all sorts of crazy ragdoll stunts with a choice of vehicles ranging from mobility scooters to shopping carts. Needless to say, the new game will be leveraging on our industry topping physics know-how and it will be something so cool that it's guaranteed to keep even the non-racing game fanatics among you hooked for hours to an end. The title is currently slated for Early Access release this fall and you can already pre-order it for a super special introductory price.

LATE SUMMER SALE
To celebrate these exciting news we will be running our own special Late Summer Sale on our site with an awesome discount on Wreckfest and Stuntfest. If you still haven't experienced Wreckfest now is your chance so don't miss out but grab your copy today dirt cheap and join the racing community!

As always, thanks for sticking with us. The support we've received from you is nothing short of stellar, and we've been amazed at the quality of the content you've all been creating since the introduction of the modding support. Our team is very excited to bring the game out on consoles as well as to have an opportunity work on a complete new exciting title. We're confident that we will be hitting all the rights chords with our most dedicated fans among both PC and console players, and make no mistake about it: we couldn't have made it this far without you. Thank you!

The reason why there hasn't been in an official announcement is that we wanted to give you guys an early chance to test the build to get a bit of feedback in case there's something that we want to improve or fix before the game is officially launched in Early Access. Also, we're working on adding a Steam Workshop support to Stuntfest already at this early stage because we view it's something that's pretty important for a game like this.

We're working on Wreckfest and Stuntfest side by side, so it's definitely like Wreckfest would be in statis until Stuntfest is completed.

Thanks, just about to hit the bed. Not sure about how the proxy checkpoints are supposed to work since I haven't used them myself but do you even need them, if you make the routes join for the duration of the start straight? In that case the alt route checkpoints should be called #checkpointNN_alt where NN is the checkpoint number, i.e. the only different to the main route's checkpoint is the _alt tag. When adding checkpoints for the alt route note (especially important in this track) that the checkpoints on either route absolutely must not touch the other route.

Anyway, first we need to figure out why there are no proper routes at all :)

Thanks for the tip, Devin, will check that out tomorrow.

It's obviously too early to say anything about updates after the release, but of course - never say never :)

The thing is that (and I'm now talking about gaming business in general) apart from hotfixes, games mostly only receive free content updates after release if they make sense business wise, i.e. the game is still selling. And well, of course some publishers decide to cut content from the base game so that they can sell it again disguised as a Season Pass or whatever.

In any case, we need to have a good base game first, and that's what we're concentrating on right now.

This issue is related to collision detection that was tweaked to stop the cars bouncing all over the place. In retrospect it seems like it was not a good solution but more like a temporary workaround, and we're trying to come up with a better solution. Most likely we will need to perform further optimization to the physics engine to prevent a performance hit but we'll keep you in the loop.

I just did a couple of quick online races too and it was a blast - hoping to be back later tonight, indeed with a couple of beers.

Dear Wreckers, the latest update is upon us!

This one is strictly a content update to give you something new and exciting to chew on while we continue working on the career, new user interface and a bunch of other cool features coming up later on.

First of all – and this is a big one – the update introduces a completely new car: American 5! It's a badass demolition derby style muscle car that we think fits perfectly to the style of the game. It's still very much work-in-progress with for example more liveries being added later on, but we hope you'll already enjoy taking it out for a spin to wreak some havoc!

The other big news is that we have a new track too, and not just any track but a killer dirt oval! It's something that a lot of you have requested for a long time and since we like to deliver, here it is. Since no oval is complete without a Figure 8 layout designed for close quarters vehicular mayhem we also throw that into the mix, and it's something that will no doubt become a new multiplayer favorite.

To top it off, Mixed 4 has also received a makeover. While many of the trackside objects are still being worked on, a lot of the track and environment details are already in place and track is beginning to look like real track. In case it's been a while since you played the track, now is a perfect time to check it out again!

Oh, and if you haven't heard yet (by following our official Twitter account at @bugbeargames, for example) we've published the results of the survey you might remember we ran a while ago. The results were enlightening and showed us that we're definitely on the right track, but we invite you to take a look at them yourself. The results can be viewed HERE. Thanks for taking the time to participate, we appreciate it!

Thanks for everything and happy wrecking!

Not much. At the moment we have most of the code team working on the new UI since we really want release the next update as soon as possible with all the functionality of the earlier builds. We did however manage to optimize the physics slightly, hopefully that will reduce the CPU load and improve multiplayer experience. That's also something we want to spend more time in the future, especially for consoles but of course also PC players will benefit. The vehicle team is working on some new vehicles + visual upgrades, the track team is mostly concentrating on improving the visual quality of the older tracks.

The survey was extremely helpful in the sense that it showed us that we're on the right path and helped us focus our efforts. I think for the most part we already had a pretty good gut feeling of how the game should "feel" as far as handling in particular was considered and what we were lacking in our gameplay, the tracks and so forth, and the survey results more or less confirmed that. That said while we had received a lot of requests for a proper career it was still a bit of a suprise to see how many were looking forward to one - which is great! We've always been fans of a proper career in racing games but at some point we really thought it's probably too old-school these days with all the craze around multiplayer and not many people going to bother playing it, but we're glad we were wrong.

Sorry about the lack of info, like Purp mentioned I got pretty ill last week - not a great timing at all with all the stuff we still have to work on for the next update.

Regarding the next update, we'll be attending E3 early June (it's going for 13th-15th) where we'll be showing our game and the plan right now is to polish the new features we've been working on as much as we can and that way have the best possible build at E3 and for the next update that we'll be releasing at the same time. And don't worry, we're not going to spend any time on producing an epic show-off build just for E3, all remaining time will be used to polish features and content that will be in the next update.

As for the asset management, we've cleaned some old stuff and while I haven't tested any mods recently (I'll do it this weekend so I can give more exact info) there might be a few missing textures or other issues if you've used our assets. Only tracks should be affected by this change.

However, vehicle mods will need to be updated as well since we've added some new upgrade parts and made some changes to the tire parts, and as a result every vehicle will need two new tire property files at minimum to prevent the game from crashing. The parameters are old however so updating your mod will only take a couple of minutes and you can of course use our files as a base.

Ben that's true, I remember how it was after the last update :)

MamieNova, the visual parts will eventually have weight and damage/armor modifiers, and when they do, the whole system will become much more interesting act of balancing the car performance/strenght as well as staying in the class. Currently it's more or less just something to play with.

Server has some problems, what I've been there its been laggy most of time

That's fine and as expected, we're testing for stability.

Thanks to everyone who have been joining in, so far no crashes so it does seem like we've managed to fix random crashes occurring before :)

We'll be releasing the next hotfix most likely on Wednesday so that we can dial in additional fixes tomorrow but still have time to react before the weekend in case anything critical shows up.

Already posted this in that other thread but notice anything out of place? :)

Post to long, had to start a Part 3.
« Last post by Purple44 on May 20, 2018, 09:34:00 PM »
cant take it anymore....this is like torture....another 14 days of wait...ahhhh...so weak...ahhh  :'( lol

Haha don't worry man.. remember a few years ago, we had not hear from BB team in like 6 months. this is not a problem... just wait it out a couple weeks! alles klar homie ;)

When Bugbear been quiet for a whole 6 months??

Bugbear gone quiet for 3 months, do not recall them going quit for 6 months, even during the long wait for Build #7.

Okay maybe 4 months! excuse me?! lmao   However I do know it was a very long time for us. go research... as my memory recalls, it was almost 5 to 6 months!

I'll start here and see if I find any 4-6 month gaps we did not hear from Bugbear here in the forum:

As on cue, the game designers are currently discussing in detail how to make the AI work, and what are the things it definitely needs. Like aggressiveness, getting stunned by collisions, reaction time, seeding of different upgrade parts, and, maybe most importantly, how the AI behaves in turns -- will it rely on speed and probably go with a less-than-optimal angle and slide like a madman, or will it slow down early, playing it safe. All of this will affect how the AI appears: with different skill levels, penchant for risks, and aggro range.

(We're also talking about why rubber banding both sucks and rocks, as does hard limit for speed for AI drivers. This is fun :) )

The tracks that were featured in the video (apart from the large derby stadium) were some of the prototype tracks that we were playing with at the time. None were of course finalized, hence prototypes. If I saw right there, there was one early sandpit type prototype that were scrapped later as well as a forest track that we still have in the developer build in a slightly more developed form - even I would have a hard time recognizing it, though.

Not all the skins made it to the game since we had quite a few that we were testing and a number of them had to be cut.

Hey all y'all!

We released another hotfix for Wreckfest yesterday, as many of you have already noticed. Here's the change list:

Update #6 Hot Fix #6 - 24/10/2014
  • Fixed camera getting stuck to the side bug.
  • Support some more exotic characters in player names.
  • Added KM/H / MPH speed display toggle to Display Settings.
  • Added show / hide player names toggle to Display Settings.
  • Show per-class best lap time in event selection.
  • Fixed multiplayer bug: remaining time not updating in results window when spectating.
  • Fixed multiplayer bug: if the race started when player was in the game or settings menu, the mouse got hidden, thus making it hard to close the menu windows.
  • Reworked lobby chat, includes scrollbar
  • Improvements to joining handling
  • Improved client-side prediction

Thanks for your understanding and patience regarding the progress of our game. As has been stated before we're a pretty small team and we have had (and still do to some extent) pretty tall challenges simply because we do not want this game to end up being just another garden-variety racer. In that sense it's only natural that we've so far mostly focused on the driving and crashing physics because those are really the meat of our game, by which it will be measured and remembered when we're done. Yep, we're still not done with them at all, but in future you will see more progress in the other areas of the game as well when we can afford to divert our resources. For example, to tell you a little secret here and now, we have a proper PBR shader in the works...

So yeah, we're tweaking the physics mechanisms of Wreckfest, as you all know. This naturally affects how the cars handle curves and bumps. In this video, an AI controlled car has gotten a dent that affects its balance, and, like it's programmed to do, the AI is continuously trying to get back to the correct route. As the physics are not correctly adjusted, the poor thing can't understand what's happening, resulting in a corrective measure loop in its driving, producing a puppy chasing its tail. Obviously this won't happen in the game proper as this is just during our internal testing, but makes a fun vid nonetheless :)

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=845135812176025

I get the impression that they dont work weekends. I've worked for, and know alot of people that work for software companies. When we/they had product delivery at hand, you work 7 days a week if that's what it takes.
(...)
I dont get the feeling that they get this.

Of course we do. But there's only so much crunch time a company can do. You don't have to dig very deep to find all kinds of horror stories from game companies who burn their staff out with constant pressures and impossible time frames. We don't do that. We don't view our workers as tools, we view them as friends and colleagues. We want our workers to stay healthy and productive for an extended period of time, because we value things like employee happiness. That being said, when we get to the point where crunch time is really useful, it'll happen. We've done crunches before, and we'll do them again.
Another reason to not work on weekends is perspective: when you work on something too much, you become blind to it. You don't see the errors, because you've been staring at them too long. After a couple of days of R&R, you got some distance between your work and you, and can again see things more clearly.

Also, when the physics are done, does it mean that the next build is ready for publish, or is there some other work to be done?

As soon as the physics are done, we'll release the build.

Kinda like Flatout's AI personalities became a recognizable feature, and you felt good when you beat them, only now they're your IRL friends and rivals. "Oh man, that was Brian's car I just totaled, hahaha! I love that guy, but damn that felt good! Can't wait to tell him about it. Better yet, I'll make a video of it." :)

Whaaaaaaaaaat? Why do you need to be so cruel?! If it isn't Ben using me in his ban examples, it's you wrecking me! :'(

Well, if I can't beat you on track, I have to make fun of you to distract people, thus retaining my status as the top dog, the alpha driver, the man with the plan!

Oops, did I say that aloud?

Hey Bugbear, is there any chance that night racing could be featured in Wreckfest? Going by the looks of the current environment settings it seems like actual rain is possible, but I'm curious to hear what you have to say about that.

There's a chance, but it's unlikely. Developing night time lighting to existing tracks would take a lot of effort, as we can't rely on floodlights on the cars themselves because they'd just get knocked out in the first turn. So, you need to see where you're going with whatever ambient light there is. Developing that would require specialized assets for the tracks, and the result is still hazardous: a game where your car gets smashes up real easy, and a track where you can barely see where you're going. We don't see that becoming very popular a weather condition, so justifying the development costs instead of spending them on something we absolutely need is, well, difficult :)

Rain we could make, but doing that right would necessitate creating a physics model on how the rain affects different terrains, which means a shedload of work. We could, of course, just create an illusion of rain with graphics effect that won't affect anything at all, but what would be the point of that? :)

I only say this:

I hear you. We hear you. And we agree with you. This is getting way too old, even for us. But this is, unfortunately, what we'll just have to endure. We've done some critical errors in planning things out, like making it virtually impossible to separate physics development from other designs. That particular die has been cast, and there's nothing we can do about it. Once the patch hits the ground, we can start thinking things differently, and see what we can do about making the updates more speedy and regular. But, for now, we've made our bed and now we have to lie on it.

I'd rather see no purchasing and replacing of parts during an event. Thats what the garage time between events is for, right?

Yeah, that's the plan. No purchasing new items at least, but possibly replacing really badly damaged parts, maybe? The point is to make this a more strategic component of gameplay, not to make it altogether realistic, and being able to switch heavily damaged parts to new ones means you're back in the game for the next rally, and that's something that keeps the whole tournament more interesting and exciting.
Anyway. This repair thingy was just something I thought of that would not only be a fun and light way to handle repairs between races, but also something that reduces your downtime between matches, which is always a good thing.

<edit to add a few things>
Another thing we're thinking could happen between races would be small-time tuning. Really simplified, like changing suspension from rigid to loose, and with only a few settings, but something that would allow you to prepare for the next race somewhat better. This, too, would take its toll on the time you have to do all that maintenance, which would mean that you have less time to repair parts if you tune your car, and vice versa. It could be a nice mechanic.

BB we need more snapshots! This thread is derailed badly.

Well, here's one. We tested some settings...

Cameras in the office that we can watch live streams of, we need to see the documented hours each staff member puts in. And a cute little top hat. That would make me happy.

Haha!!!  A top Hat on Sir Jori would be really cute! lmdao!!!

You ask, I deliver :)

Jori was the go between the community and the Bugbear Devs and he did a great job in the year we had him.  :D Sadly his contact was only for 1 year:  :(

Hey all y'all!

Today's my last day at Bugbear. It was a year-long contract, and it's now come to its end, so there's no big drama here, just time that has run out :)

Thanks for being such a swell group of people! It was an honor and a privilege to be a part of it all.

See you on the racetracks :)

-Jori

After Jori left, it fell on Janne shoulders to keep the community in the loop.

May 15 2015

Lovely! :)

Regarding our tire model, at this point we're only talking about the physical properties of tire in regards to the driving model, so no, I'm afraid there's no visual difference whatsoever and tires cannot be punctured (at least not yet). What all this boils down to basically is that the driving model in the next build will be much advanced, and with an appropriate equipment (a steering wheel, obviously) you can feel what's going on with the tires (grip, flexing, etc.) much better than before especially when cornering. So yes, all the work will translate to a much better racing feel. This said we still don't want our game to be super difficult so there will be appropriate driving aids to cater for users with different needs.

New garage functionality - you can now actually open and close the doors, hood and the trunk to really get to know your ride:

This is only the very first step for the garage interactivity that we're shooting for, more to follow!

Another hotfix for Wreckfest is out, addressing a number of issues found in the game. The update also contains an experimental fix for the issue with mapping controller inputs; please do let us know in case the bug is fixed for you or if you still experience it.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Before joining a multiplayer game, it's always a good idea to revert the networking settings back to default in the game's settings menu. In case you experience bad multiplayer performance you can try lowering client prediction time, but lowering it too much will cause glitches such as cars warping, rubberbanding, etc. so experiment with care.

In case you experience any random issues like being unable to map controller inputs or duplicate upgrades, please first try removing the user data generated by the previous game versions by navigating to [STEAM INSTALLATION FOLDER]/userdata/[USER ID]/228380 and removing the entire folder. The default Steam installation folder is 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam'.

As always, thanks for your support!

Please find the changelog here:

- Fixed scrolling with mouse wheel.
- Fixed imperial units in user statistics, car info and HUD.
- Fixed multiplayer race start occasionally getting stuck.
- Disabled controller hotplugging to test if it caused mapping problems.
- Disabled wrong way speed limiter in single player.
- Fixed e-brake for all cars.
- Removed duplicate stock brake upgrades.
- Fixed European Coupe 2 engine name.
- Fixed incorrect gearbox names and added descriptions.
- Fixed American Sedan's windows going black when damaged.
- Improved gamepad controller to make counter-steering easier.
- Fixed AI behavior at race start.

Had a 2 month gap before Janne posted this:

Sorry for the recent lack of info and presence guys, just too much stuff to do after the holidays (and there really wasn't that much to report to be honest).

Nice detective work there, the track's indeed Kaanaa, one of the more well-known folk-racing tracks in Finland. We're definitely going to keep the scale of the track as-is and see how it works out; in its current stage the track might seem very wide but that's probably because blend textures are missing. We've already tested the track in-house in multiplayer and it's working really well with low-powered cars in particular, really tight bumper-to-bumper racing going on all the time. We've also made some improvements to our suspension and tyre setups and that does help quite a lot with the twisty bits.

We're planning on releasing the next update in the next few weeks.

Yep, we were pushing for it last week but towards the end of the week we came aware of a critical issue in the multiplayer code that we needed to resolve before releasing the update. In case you're interested, the issue was caused by multiplayer prediction not playing nicely with our new joint-based steering geometry, and as a remedy we will disable the new steering geometry pending implementing pre-calculation for suspension geometry movement since otherwise it would be simply too much data to send in multiplayer. It's not critical now, even though joint-based steering geometry will add quite a bit of added precision especially for wheel users we thought it's a lesser evil to simply disable it for now than to postpone the update any longer. It will still take some work to finalize the update, though, since the suspensions setups will need to be adjusted accordingly. Even with rollback we're confident that you guys will love what we've done, the perception of grip will be much better in the next update thanks to some other improvements we've added.

And let's not forget we also have a couple of surprises in store for you :)

The files are not easy to understand for the sole reason that they're not designed to be so, for that you need to use external editors which we will eventually release.

World of Bay is correct, we use compression techniques aggressively to reduce file size and loading times, especially the latter are very obviously important. That's also the main reason why everything (properties) is in binary format.

Sorry about the hiccups, looks like a couple of nasty issues sneaked in the build.

Without a debug build I'm not sure yet what's wrong with the dedicated server, I'm afraid we need to investigate the issue tomorrow.

As the for the AM4 and EU3 disappearing from the garage, that's an unfortunate consequence of some changes we did. The cars are still available in the market and will function normally, however.

No changes have been made to visual damage.

Continue in next post.

« Last post by Daystar on May 20, 2018, 09:23:58 PM »
It's a Volvo PV544.

The Beetle can be seen on the left of the screenshot that was posted a few days ago, behind the Starbeast.

OMG I see now. never knew Volvo had such an ugly beast lol! but yeah in all do respect, Volvo is a very reliable car. am curios why it is similar to a vw. but what ever, I stick to my Americanish Faves ;) more sexy looking ya know? lol

« Last post by Speedevil on May 20, 2018, 09:20:16 PM »
It's a Volvo PV544.

The Beetle can be seen on the left of the screenshot that was posted a few days ago, behind the Starbeast. At least that's what it looks like to me, I can't see the Bulldog's spoiler, but I may be wrong.
« Last post by Daystar on May 20, 2018, 09:08:36 PM »
The Bulldog is a Volvo, not a Volkswagen. There's a Beetle in the works though, you can even see it in the last screenshot.

looks like a stretched VW to me... 

And with flared wheel wells.

How can this be a Volvo? I see no similarities.

Anyways, it's not a great car imho.
would much more prefer to lay the rubber on the tarmac with a  Gate Crasher or a Speed Bird!

just saying ofc.

« Last post by Tonza on May 20, 2018, 08:31:44 PM »
The Bulldog is a Volvo, not a Volkswagen. There's a Beetle in the works though, you can even see it in the last screenshot.
Huh? there more screenies from the beetle lookalike? Thought we only saw the few pics from that one gaming site that name I can't recall some months back
« Last post by Speedevil on May 20, 2018, 08:28:48 PM »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]