Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Modding / Re: american 03 blank damaged c5 skin help
« Last post by tolliverj on Today at 05:21:14 AM »
well thanks but the vehicle is 05_american in the game files and the file i need is lets say skin01_damaged_c5.bmap but it has to be blank just the scratches and bending maybe bugbear can help me out they would have the raw version of the file, like thats going to happen.
News / Re: February Update 2017-02-21
« Last post by MamieNova on Today at 05:02:31 AM »
about that bounce problem, I had a thought today. Since it's kind of "normal" that the car's body would hit the ground after a landing, maybe getting some control on the car's ride height could be a way to prevent it. You'd set it pretty high on gravel because of the jumps (still with the stiff/standard/soft option). Even better: front and rear settings.

On that same bounce subject, I was looking at a bunch of old recordings I did and I noticed that the difference between build 6 and 7+ is the actual air time during the jumps. In build 6, your wheels would "barely" leave the ground; you didn't accumulate as much downward momentum as you do now.

(if bugbear's looking : cars settings per track would be very nice ^^)
Game Design / Re: Vehicle type selection for AI
« Last post by tolliverj on March 22, 2017, 11:23:06 PM »
« Last post by sam223 on March 22, 2017, 08:50:49 PM »
I spoke to Janne yesterday and he said they are very busy working, on things that have been hinted at in this thread and requested many times. I wont spill the beans as im sure they will want to hype it up themselves. So soon™ i guess.
« Last post by RickyBøbby on March 22, 2017, 06:05:56 PM »

They're active in Twitter. In March 18 tweets, where 3 is tweets, 1 retweets and rest answers:

:o What? 18? hmm ok thanks, you just made me realise that there's an 'answers' category. But actually, what I meant was more something like a screenshot or two. Not just a short answer. There has to be something that they could show - New UI, HUD, Skinshop, Bodyshop, another teaser for the dirt oval, etc... 
Nevertheless, thanks for the info :)

« Last post by Finsku on March 22, 2017, 05:16:27 PM »
I'd like to see some twitter activity again. Bugbear spoiled me with about a dozen tweets in february. In march only 2 so far. I need my fix  ;D

They're active in Twitter. In March 18 tweets, where 3 is tweets, 1 retweets and rest answers:
- 2 pictures about custom paints
- retweet about ""Modded everything"
- More upgrades and visual upgrades, a career + of course quite a lot of other stuff :)
- reply about FO4
- replies about console early accesses
- March update is coming ("that's the current plan")
- Wreckfest beta for PS4 later this spring

I use TweetDeck so its easy to read all their replies and tweets  :)

EDIT: last reply 2d ago
« Last post by RickyBøbby on March 22, 2017, 03:06:25 PM »
I'd like to see some twitter activity again. Bugbear spoiled me with about a dozen tweets in february. In march only 2 so far. I need my fix  ;D
General Discussion / Re: Roll on PS4 Version,.
« Last post by SpazzyMagee on March 22, 2017, 01:28:16 PM »
Cannot wait for this, flatout 3 and 4 have ruined the flatout legacy, I really hope this game can make bugbear big as it should. Games with excellent physics always seem to be the best. What made Flatout UC so good was the comedy value, no other racing game seems to have that, Wreckfest has been pretty funny so far, bring it on!! Also although it kills us, delay the game until YOU (bugbear team) are happy with it. Please don't release it until you are satisfied and is running sharp at 60fps. Mazin!!
Modding / Is there a way to render OUT an splatmap from 3ds max?
« Last post by The Very End on March 22, 2017, 10:52:33 AM »
Greetings! I have tired Googling this, but I just could not find what I am looking for. I can import and use splatmaps as I like - that is no worries at all, but the other way around (creating the splatmap manually) does not quite work for me and I need help. I'll try to explain my methods:

1: I create an object that will work as the terrain with roads and outside parts and so on, this of course have different textures and I want some sort of blending
2: I assign red, green and blue colors to various sections, as it is intended to when doing splatmaps, this will be replaced by normal textures later (only using textures in those colors to render it out right)
3: Here comes the part where I am stuck at:
I want to export an texture that will work as the splatmap, as the colors and placement of them are fit nicely on the model. I have tried rendering it out with object in selection and then apply the 3 texture as a splatmap on different places on the model (road, grass, mud etc) - but it never aligns right when i re - import the render to be used as a textured splatmap. It's either rotate in a wrong direction or scales are way off when I do a plan mapping (basically wrapping  the splatmap texture on it)

So why I want this? Because I want to create the terrain model(s) and then doing the texturing part to gain the advantages splatmap has (texture blending and so on). Doing it the other way works, importing terrain with splatmap on it, but it just is not precise enough anymore for my liking.

Any advices you masters have would be very helpfull! :)
Game Design / Re: Vehicle type selection for AI
« Last post by sam223 on March 22, 2017, 02:14:13 AM »
Oh you mean there is no 'all 1 make' option in game yet? If thats what you want to do it'd be quicker to make a mod containing the default.cavs (data/vehicle/chassis name here/career/default.cavs) from each vehicles chassis. And just check the 'restrict AI to same vehicle' option for each.

Or add an additional .cavs with the option checked,but that would clutter up the market more.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10