Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Support / Re: controller settings/bindings disappear
« Last post by kettu31 on October 16, 2017, 03:58:00 PM »
Actually, I have to edit verdict. I had the time to play little more and controller settings somehow changed to default after few races. So I had to re-assign gear up and down as well as couple of force feedback setting. So it's easier this time to fix settings (cause not losing them all) ;)
Bug Reports / Re: Wheel unresponsive at start of the race in MP
« Last post by St. Jimmy on October 16, 2017, 02:00:02 PM »
I have a theory why this happens. Because I've my wireless USB keyboard (Microsoft 4000 if I remember right) and the Fanatec wheel, the game in multiplayer thinks that my main controller is the keyboard. Then until some certain time has passed when I've wiggeled the wheel, the game registers the wheel as the main controller. That's also the reason why doing something with the wheel before the race start usually helps to counter this issue but not always.

I realized this when I was playing singleplayer with both keyboard and wheel. I first played with the keyboard. Then I changed to the wheel on the fly in the middle of the race. Pedals worked but wheel didn't respond until something like 5s had passed. The symptoms are exactly the same (pedals work but wheel doesn't turn the car) that I can have in the multiplayer on race starts. I haven't really tested if the keyboard steering works on race starts in multplayer when this occurs.

Hopefully BugBear could eliminate this issue with this information.
« Last post by Janne Suur-Näkki on October 16, 2017, 01:40:18 PM »
No problem, glad you got it sorted out. I guess it's a some kind of a mismatch with legacy settings data.
« Last post by kettu31 on October 16, 2017, 01:36:22 PM »
Thanks Janne,

this advice to delete those settings and controller folder helped a lot! Game recognized wheel bindigs automatically and didn't loose them anymore. Game changer :)
« Last post by Janne Suur-Näkki on October 16, 2017, 12:26:49 PM »
So even the mouse doesn't work when you've set up the controllers?

Have you tried deleting the user data from the game's folder in Steam/userdata? You don't have to delete the career data if you prefer not to, simply delete the controllers folder as well as the settings files. Might be some kind of an issue with those, can't say for sure.
Support / controller settings/bindings disappear
« Last post by kettu31 on October 16, 2017, 11:35:48 AM »
I'm trying to play with my new fanatec CSW and after trying different combos of keyboard/mouse/xbox controller I was able to play the game ok, but ONLY by navigating from controller settings page to actual start grid WITH fanatec wheel buttons. And I can't navigate game properly only with those.
And yet, bigger issue is that wheel controller settings WON'T SAVE and I have to rebind my wheel every time I exit wheel setting page.
So in fact I'm able to play one "game setup" once and after changing something I have to rebind wheel and use those buttons to play new setup.
Any ideas?

And for the record, I have played this game with no controller problems what so ever before this new UI and with logitech g27 wheel.

-kettu
FlatOut 2 / Re: New skin slots
« Last post by Lakova on October 15, 2017, 11:59:39 AM »
I solved it by placing the new Chili into "Bonus" class. Another question: is it possible to make new skin slots to a specific car? For example I want to use AI's skins only for some cars. But not for the others. Is that possible?
« Last post by Lakova on October 15, 2017, 11:19:20 AM »
Hello! I'm new to this forum and also new to FO2 modding, hold this in mind. What I did is made a new car slot called "car_46". This is my new car slot with a default Chili. Now, it's loaded up successfully, I renamed it to "Chili test" and give it a price "1", all worked well. But, when I try to start a derby (for ex.), choose a track and the car, it's gives me an error: "Couldn't find skinai1_damaged.tga". The problem is I have that file in my data/cars/car_46 folder. So I don't really understand what could be the problem. Anyone? :)

Hi :)

_maybe you have skinai1 *dds
try it > (skinai1 *tga) > https://vk.com/doc380786717_451878089?hash=4586a50617676a12ab&dl=6ab3ffd3fdbed92a7d

_ converter dds / tga > https://convertio.co/fr/dds-tga/

Hi! :) I have both. Converted .dds to .tga in Photoshop when I got this error first time.
« Last post by frenchman on October 15, 2017, 08:31:57 AM »
Hello! I'm new to this forum and also new to FO2 modding, hold this in mind. What I did is made a new car slot called "car_46". This is my new car slot with a default Chili. Now, it's loaded up successfully, I renamed it to "Chili test" and give it a price "1", all worked well. But, when I try to start a derby (for ex.), choose a track and the car, it's gives me an error: "Couldn't find skinai1_damaged.tga". The problem is I have that file in my data/cars/car_46 folder. So I don't really understand what could be the problem. Anyone? :)

Hi :)

_maybe you have skinai1 *dds
try it > (skinai1 *tga) > https://vk.com/doc380786717_451878089?hash=4586a50617676a12ab&dl=6ab3ffd3fdbed92a7d

_ converter dds / tga > https://convertio.co/fr/dds-tga/
Player-Run Events / Re: Saturday Night Mod(s)
« Last post by Purple44 on October 15, 2017, 04:33:56 AM »
Server up, look for Saturday Night Mod.

Join Race TS to chat.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10