Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
News / Re: April Update 2017-04-07
« Last post by sam223 on Today at 03:10:27 PM »
Sounds good Janne. Im mostly looking forward to some sort of cup/championship gamemode. Like 'sprint cup' but with more laps (and hopefully being able to select multiple tracks/events per cup)
For host options. Force grid positions, end race (return all to lobby when hosting) would be nice
« Last post by TheEngiGuy on Today at 02:56:28 PM »
Still "heavily" work-in-progress? Are you guys sure you will be able to meet the summer 2017 deadline?

I'm glad you're considering Suicide Race gamemode, by the way! I'm pretty sure that gamemode alone would attract many more players who are looking for more carnage and (un)intentional wrecking without breaking the rules.
« Last post by The Very End on Today at 02:32:49 PM »
Thanks for the reply :)

Suicide Race, what is that? In addition, jokerlap support (you have to take an alternative route at least once a race to not be dissqualified) when? ;) And then, custom finish line much like the proxy checkpoints are needed.
I see the point of scripting, might just cause more issues than what it's worth.

One completely off topic questions-  forgive me, do you intent to re-implement the ai vs player setting in the AI files (AI favor player setting I think it is called)? Right now it does nothing.

« Last post by Janne Suur-Näkki on Today at 02:17:39 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions, time delay for reset is planned already.

Regarding the next update, it will feature the new UI functionality but it will be heavily work-in-progress and the final art will be missing mostly/completely. At this point we've been concentrating on getting everything working since we can't really update the game with some screens/features missing completely. The final art will be implemented later.

More weathers will be added further down the road when the visual style is locked down, otherwise we will waster time maintaining/updating too many weathers.

The final game modes have not been decided yet, but at least suicide race is something we'd really love to implement. The problem with user created game modes is that they're mostly impossible and/or too time consuming to implement apart from making it possible for the user to adjust scores due to game modes relying heavily on code. This could be perhaps solved by adding scipting support but it's not realistic given how much time and manpower such an undertaking would require.
« Last post by The Very End on Today at 10:17:34 AM »
Edit: sorry a bit off topic.

Reset on / off / time delay / car must be stoped, would be nice.

Speaking of update,three quick ones: 1: is it mainly focusing on the esthetics / looks / ui next time or what do you currently schedule it to contain? 2: do you plan on adding more weather options or will you let that be up to the modders? 3: what games modes do you aspire to implement eventually (I know they come at a later stage)? Possibility to add our own, like point to point race (finishing a other place than a looped track)l objects to interact with such as capture the flag, tag, all vs one etc?
« Last post by Pritchard on Today at 10:14:37 AM »
Something I've wanted for a while is some kind of camera lock, at least for singleplayer. Being able to restrict my viewpoint to only the cockpit view would be great, and I can see that working as a server option as well.
« Last post by Janne Suur-Näkki on Today at 09:43:50 AM »
^ We'd love that - we haven't had any time to spend to on producing promo material but hopefully we'll get external help at some point.

The player tags could be definitely a host option. Talking about host options, any other you'd like to have? We're not going to have time to add anything before the next update but in the new UI we will have more space for host options and if something is more or less straightforward for us to add we will definitely consider it as long as it makes sense.
General Discussion / Re: speedrunning flatout 2
« Last post by Tonza on April 27, 2017, 09:11:47 PM »
don't think so
General Discussion / speedrunning flatout 2
« Last post by nu on April 27, 2017, 08:52:00 PM »
is there anyone out there that speedruns flatout 2?
Other Games / Re: Danger Zone (PC/PS4) -- Takes some of Wreckfest's Thunder
« Last post by Speedevil on April 27, 2017, 08:06:20 PM »
The handling will probably be too arcade for me.

I wish that Motorstorm, which was made by the Driveclub devs, wasn't also far too arcade. The tracks and idea looked cool.

It isn't a racing game, so the handling isn't important at all.

I'm excited for it, quite liked the crash mode in Burnout, just not as much as the racing. I hope they can afford making a racing game some day.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10