Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
News / Re: December Update
« Last post by Daystar on Today at 01:33:17 PM »
Ok here is another example of the term Beached. "Oh crap! I got my ladies car beached at the beach today!" "Guess I will go back up the street to the bar...."

General Discussion / Re: What are we working on?
« Last post by Purple44 on Today at 01:16:14 PM »
Will there be some update soon?

There was just an update at the end of December. I don't expect another update until release or close to release.

I'm expecting at least one more Build release before final version get release. Dec Build and the hotfixes got Wreckfest closer to be ready for prime time, but there a lot of suggestions and bug fixes that will need at least one more testing by the community.
General Discussion / Re: Worth a watch (videos)
« Last post by TheEngiGuy on Today at 11:31:45 AM »
« Last post by CFodder on Today at 09:43:29 AM »
We usually just refer to it as "@!#* I'm stuck"!!!
« Last post by Zebulon55 on Today at 09:37:02 AM »

By beached cars i mean underside of car in contact with floor, on a geometry bump or resting on armco etc.... like a beached whale

High-centered is another way to describe this condition. I know it well.  ;)
General Discussion / Re: What are we working on?
« Last post by Callahan420 on Today at 06:03:09 AM »
Will there be some update soon?

There was just an update at the end of December. I don't expect another update until release or close to release.
« Last post by CFodder on Today at 06:00:40 AM »
Ah yep gotcha ... and agree with you too :)
« Last post by sam223 on Today at 12:34:30 AM »
Quote from: sam223
e.g you are rolled>reset>cars rolls back onto its wheels in position. No ghosting,no moving back onto racing line.

That would be fine as long as it resets when the car comes to a stop.

Quote from: sam223
But that doesn't work for out of bounds play or beached drivers.
Maybe the out of bounds reset could be solved by always having some access route back to track e.g ramps off infield or 1 sided gates.
The beached driver problem i am not sure.

To mind the key to going out of bounds, i.e. completely out of the track/map, is to tighten them up so it's not possible and where there are areas within the map you can get stuck is as you've said to have routes to allow you out.

Not sure what you mean by beached cars??
By beached cars i mean underside of car in contact with floor, on a geometry bump or resting on armco etc.... like a beached whale
« Last post by Heddly on Today at 12:29:23 AM »

I just want to add about the resets since it looks difficult to find a middle ground where everyone is happy... Why not give the simple option Sim or Arcade mode.  Sim racers can race no resets or health bars etc and Arcade racers can race, well arcade style! There could even be more realistic damage added to Sim mode!

But we are wanting the third option when come to resets online. We can turn resets On or Off if we want to. But there tracks where I would like turn resets On, but I don't want players to be able to abuse the reset option when I do turn resets on. That why I like to see the 5 sec wait penalty before game reset your car. And this would allow us see a car take a good tumbling run too.  :)

During Racing, If I knew that I had a 5 second penalty for using reset, I would be encouraged to use it sooner and more often. When I drive off track or am forced off, I always try to recover and move on. Reset should only work when your car is stuck and won't move in any direction during a race.

Derbies are a problem with this scenario as you shouldn't be able to reset if cars are hindering you from moving, thus no reset should be available. Can the game distinguish between track objects and cars?

I would prefer the old FlatOut game type resets, where if your car is not in motion you could use reset to restart at the last checkpoint that you passed on the track, with a second or two of ghosting to prevent you from becoming an obstacle for other cars on the track.

I hope some of this makes sense.  :)
« Last post by Tox_42 on Today at 12:11:06 AM »

A jump aside animation would be awesome. But is there enough time to develop that?

-> https://youtu.be/4Astfra6yh0?t=14s

8)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10