Author Topic: Tuning - Gear Ratio  (Read 383 times)

SpruceMoosey

Hey Y'all,

Not finding much benefit in tweaking the gear ratio down to standard or even past for quicker acceleration.     It seems to pretty not much benefit anything rather than having a higher top speed, even on the shorter courses.

What are your experiences?

Spruce

PS: how many posts till I get rid of this stupid captcha?

Caley19

Hey Y'all,

Not finding much benefit in tweaking the gear ratio down to standard or even past for quicker acceleration.     It seems to pretty not much benefit anything rather than having a higher top speed, even on the shorter courses.

Spruce

I find it very usefull, when I'm going to race on a small track where is a lot of corners I choose shorter ratio and on more open tracks I use longer ratio to get more speed. The change is very noticable in my opinion in acceleration.
Also known as John Blackhills.

Purple44

Hey Y'all,

Spruce

I find it very usefull, when I'm going to race on a small track where is a lot of corners I choose shorter ratio and on more open tracks I use longer ratio to get more speed. The change is very noticable in my opinion in acceleration.

I definitely use short gear for nexus and Mixed 1 track. :)
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

SpruceMoosey

Ahh yeah, I realised after posting this that I mainly had used the bigger bore cars so far.    Tried a few of the smaller bangers and noticed where you can use the ratio a lot more.   

Definately is an interesting aspect and well done!