Author Topic: Question regarding cubemap and texture quality  (Read 1372 times)

leerees

Hi guys I was wondering if you could help, what exactly does texture quality effect, is it just the texture resolution of the cars? I set it to low and couldn't notice any difference however I got a massive boost in frame rate.

What does cube mapping quality do, is that just the skybox or is it something to do with the cars as well?

I set shadow detail to low, is that just the shadow cast from the cars or something else?

Tapio Vierros

In build #6:

Anisotropy:
Directly sets the GPU's anisotropic texture filtering level: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anisotropic_filtering

Shadow quality:
0 = All shadows disabled
1 = Enabled with lower resolution
2 = Enabled with higher resolution (less jaggies in shadow borders) and grass also casts shadows

Cube map quality:
Affects reflection quality by lowering the rendering resolution of cubemaps. Less resolution is faster to render.

Texture resolution:
Car/object/environment textures that are not too small to begin with are scaled down. This reduces memory consumption and may increase performance (especially if the gpu is low on memory).

Grass distance:
The distance at which grass and other small clutter objects are rendered. 0 means disabled completely.

Particle quality:
0 = Disabled
1 = Half quality (e.g. produces jaggies in geometry that is partially obstructed by smoke particles)
2 = Full quality

Ambient occlusion:
Enable SSAO post processing effect: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_space_ambient_occlusion

Antialiasing:
Enable FXAA post process antialiasing.

Dynamic reflections:
If not enabled, reflection cubemap is only rendered once at the start instead of constantly during play.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 09:52:41 AM by Tapio Vierros »

Needles Kane

Tapio, is it possible for future builds to make more different shadow quality settings available.
Like:
0= All shadows disabled
1= Enabled with lower resolution
2= Enabled with higher resolution
3= Enabled with lower resolution and grass also casts shadows
4= Enabled with higher resolution and grass also casts shadows

I like hi-res shadows much more than lo-res but my pc is not powerfull enough to render shadows for grass.

findRED

Tapio, would you like to explain the rest of the graphics choices (and how they effect Wreckfest) for the people who have absolutely no Idea, and so we can get a better picture of how to optimize these for our computers?  Thanks!
Laptop:
i7 3630QM 4core 2.4GHz
GT 645M 2GB
6GB RAM

“I created a theme song for the door.” -Unknown Game Composer

MM2 Mods

Tapio Vierros

Tapio, would you like to explain the rest of the graphics choices (and how they effect Wreckfest) for the people who have absolutely no Idea, and so we can get a better picture of how to optimize these for our computers?  Thanks!
Added to my original post above.