Author Topic: Mod Development Screenshots  (Read 108307 times)

The Very End

Go, run, make me ramps and loops master!

Purple44

We need a good jump ramp!!
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Zebulon55

And I request an angled ramp so the car can do a  mid-air barrel roll and land on it's wheels (or not).  ;D

TheyLiveWeSleep

Hey all! Was going to make a thread but its not really ready for download just yet.

Lancia Delta HF Integrale (Ported from Dirt 3)

In the garage:

Having some issues with damage at the moment, if anyone has some insight onto why it goes nuts like this would be really helpfull! I also seem to be having an issue where textures are using the wrong specular/normal maps..

Still need to add the proper wheels, sort out the smoothing, make some Martini liveries, add the spoiler, etc.. Still, its coming along  :)

Nice! Cant you go on gta5-mods.com and port some of the amazing vehicles on there? How difficult is porting? You dont have to do much modeling or anything when porting right? Cheers! Nice car, i hope to see it on the tracks one day.

Mazay

The Blender BGO Exporter does awesome work with .scne even if it "only supports vehicles".
Download

There is also .blend so you can try to make your own loops :P
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 04:16:05 PM by Mazay »

RickyB

^^ Yeaaahhhh :D THANK YOU!

The Very End

Thanks a lot! Request, can you make same modell about 4 times as wide, 4 times long ( = very much higher )?
Edit: Did that myself quick, lmao :D

I will try myself later, but for now the requst would be apreciated ;)

Edit: even better, a simple step by step how to convert an object into scne / object format. I know where and howvto imlementbit in game, but to convert to right format Im new on :)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 04:42:49 PM by The Very End »

Mazay

Edit: even better, a simple step by step how to convert an object into scne / object format.

Put .blend to: "mods\ramp\data\art\objects\" ...this is tested to work. Or atleast make sure path don't have "vehicle" in it.

Install latest Blender and the Blender BGO exporter
Open .blend file, Go File > Export > Bugbear Game Object v3 (.bgo3)
Open folder and Drag and drop .bgo3 file over tools/build_asset.bat and .scne will be generated.
That's it.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 04:49:28 PM by Mazay »

The Very End

Thanks a lot for the guide master! I'll learn the basics while you create some more awesomeness ;)
Btw, how come you replace the old ramp instead of making it, or calling it like ramp3? Limitations to the game?

Mazay

I replaced the old ramp because it was simplest way go.
You can just rename it to make it work as new object.

I was about to make new track and load main stadium and ramp as subscenes.
I think that's the proper way to do it. But I didn't yet figure out how.

The Very End

For that simply have a base file, then slap the other track in as a subscene. Take a look on oval2 and it's inner oval counterpart. Here the main track is used as base, and the additional objects from oval2b is added in subscenes aswell as a link to the main track. Ask if anything! I'm not good at editing objects, but Iv messed around with the main files a bit hehe!

« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 05:08:31 PM by The Very End »

Mazay

Yeah, but then you would need to upload the customized base file growing the download size.  :P

The Very End

Oh come on lol! We'll manage, forget I ever mentioned the size xD

Edit: rofl (see attachment).

Thanks for the help, now even a turd like me know how to duplicate / make a simple object. Hopefully more skilled people will try the more advances stuff ;)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 05:19:21 PM by The Very End »

Devin

Seems like the Blender exporter really can do everything. I tried both, max and blender. I barely got max ingame. But with blender... Masterpiece. Well.. with standard suspension. Gotta replace that :P

Also, joints work just fine and are easy to set up. I'm starting to like modding this game! I just need some docs on the shaders and instructions on the deform stuff :D

Purple44

The Blender BGO Exporter does awesome work with .scne even if it "only supports vehicles".
Download

There is also .blend so you can try to make your own loops :P

Great to see custom ramps being made for Wreckest. 

I'm definitely going to need some once I learn how to make custom checkpoints and sector points play nice together.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 03:29:16 AM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel