1940 Classic by: Dr. Destructo by Hazbro

Dr. Destructo's Custom Rods & Repair presents

Rules and Copyright

You are more than welcome to create and share skins for this vehicle if you wish ( provided they're good! ).

You may not however use this model in whole or in part to create any other mod to upload and share. If you have
a great idea for a 1940 Classic, great! Start from scratch like I did and model one. The more the merrier.

Also do not post these file links for the 40 Classic or the skin files to any other website or file hosting service.
Link to this forum web page only.

Specs:
• Fully upgradable flathead engine. Same HP as the American 6 car
• Full 10 skin colors.
• Rear brake strength increased while front brake strength decreased to help braking in turns and powerslides.
• Quick steering.
• All AI class enabled.

Thanks. I'll continue to tweak it as people give feedback on the steam page. I tend to scrutinize till I drive myself nuts, so I just released it as it is now. I just wish I knew what BugBear did to the steering wheel to keep it in place and not get knocked off-center. I've dug through BagEdit and made the same changes including the material change, but there must be something more I'm missing.

MarcellusW

Just gave the 40 Classic a spin on my test track, AWESOME, fast car, excellent drifting, have to get used to the direct steering, made some very fast u-turns.
Smaller jumps the car handles great, even at high speeds, but if the jumps get higher than, let's say the ramp in the vanilla fig. 8 track, the car gets launched at landing. ( I thinks the front end of the car digs into the surface at landing )

Great job Doc, well done.

Zebulon55

ZeBBy
Master Blaster
Gotta agree with Marcellus - the 40 doesn't like the big jumps even with rally parts. It's doesn't seem as weighty as the 57 and other american cars, but that's true of the real cars as well.

I miss a clever addition like the driver's arm out the window too. Needs fuzzy dice or a tree air freshener or the like. ;D

Overall, it's impressive work and an awesome car.

I am making moonshiner and revenuer skins for Purple44's Cops and Robbers mod - It's a nice car to skin as well.

Here's a white lines on transparent UV layer for other skinner's convenience. (on imgur - 4096x4096 .png is way too big to post here - 812 KB)

http://imgur.com/IFw6eNd

Thanks!

p.s. I know you've said you like the beat-up look, but I was curious if you had made clean normal and specular maps for those of us who like a showroom finish?

Thanks all, glad you like it.

@ Zebulon55

The reason why the 40 Classic may not like big jumps is because it's a very light car. I tried to make the coupe as accurate as possible concerning weight. In real life the 40 Ford coupe doesn't have a lot of metal. If I had one today ( and I really would love to have one ) it would be a death trap and I would be scared to drive it. At least not without a lot of modifying to the inner panels and beefing it up.

Also if Bugbear made any updates to the default cars to make them handle better in jumps then I don't know what changes were made. The example car hasn't been updated in quite some time and all I have to go by is the car that Dummiesman exported over to Blender for his great plug-in. I don't have 3DS Max to open the max car file.

As far as normal and specular maps go, no I only have the weathered look. I textured this in Substance Painter so to get clean textures I would have to completely re-do the paint. That would be wwwaaaayyyyy tooooo much work for me to go back and do that over, sorry.

Heddly

FOJ Supporter/Modder
Team Bugbear Member
Zebulon55 said:
Gotta agree with Marcellus - the 40 doesn't like the big jumps even with rally parts. It's doesn't seem as weighty as the 57 and other american cars, but that's true of the real cars as well.

I miss a clever addition like the driver's arm out the window too. Needs fuzzy dice or a tree air freshener or the like. ;D

Overall, it's impressive work and an awesome car.

I am making moonshiner and revenuer skins for Purple44's Cops and Robbers mod - It's a nice car to skin as well.

Here's a white lines on transparent UV layer for other skinner's convenience. (on imgur - 4096x4096 .png is way too big to post here - 812 KB)

http://imgur.com/IFw6eNd

Thanks!

p.s. I know you've said you like the beat-up look, but I was curious if you had made clean normal and specular maps for those of us who like a showroom finish?
Hi Zeb, I am an Imgur member and can't find a download link on the page I see, help me please, sometimes I can't see what's in front of me. :eek:

@ Dr Destructo : I can't describe the quality of your work, Bug Bear should be jealous. The damage and performance, handling is a real thrill to me. I think the horsepower and torque need to have a higher rpm peak.

I have attached a FlatheadV8.veen file from Bagedit that feels like the engine is not over reving before the transmission shifts. The handling to me is what I want from a lot of the cars, landings are good if you know how to take a jump, most players expect a car to take them at full speed, so unreal sometimes.

I am not a scratch builder unless it is parts from different cars to make something custom. I did conversions for FO1 and FO2 but that is over now. Thanks again for your dedication.

Attachments

Thanks Heddly

I duplicated the horsepower and performance from the American 6 "455". I wanted to keep the 40 coupe within the same performance level and keep it balanced within the same spirit of the game. I didn't want an OP kind of mod that would outperform the default cars. The only advantage is that the coupe is lightweight so it's fast off the line. The downside is that it can be a little squirly when fully tricked out and doesn't take damage as well as the other cars.

Zebulon55

ZeBBy
Master Blaster
Dr. Destructo by Hazbro said:
The reason why the 40 Classic may not like big jumps is because it's a very light car. I tried to make the coupe as accurate as possible concerning weight. In real life the 40 Ford coupe doesn't have a lot of metal. If I had one today ( and I really would love to have one ) it would be a death trap and I would be scared to drive it. At least not without a lot of modifying to the inner panels and beefing it up.
I assumed as much - it's all good. :)

As far as normal and specular maps go, no I only have the weathered look. I textured this in Substance Painter so to get clean textures I would have to completely re-do the paint. That would be wwwaaaayyyyy tooooo much work for me to go back and do that over, sorry.
Ok, thanks.

@Heddly - do you see the white lines on black background? The black is transparent. Right click and "save image as" should work?

RickyBobby

Fantastic work :) ...just found this appropriate picture.

The reason why the 40 Classic may not like big jumps is because it's a very light car.
Are you sure about that? ... EU1, EU2, EU3 and Asian1 seem to handle jumps ok and they weigh less. EU1 and EU3 weigh less than 900 kg. Maybe there's some other reason?
Anyway - awesome car mod. Thanks for spending your time and energy on this :)

Heddly

FOJ Supporter/Modder
Team Bugbear Member
Zebulon55 said:
@Heddly - do you see the white lines on black background? The black is transparent. Right click and "save image as" should work?
Thanks Zeb, when I did that it saved correctly. If you click to enlarge the image becomes all white background. That is where I went wrong.

I found this on Youtube, don't know if it has been posted yet.

Oh yeah I saw that. Sir Jambon actually gives good mod reviews. Most of the so called youtube mod reviewers tend to make it all about themselves than the mod and talk constantly and act stupid just to get clicks. I think most of them haven't even played Wreckfest before.

I will give kudo's to Sire Jambon though, he actually looked the mod over including the different paint schemes and engine upgrade options.

Daystar

Gone in 60 seconds!
gcr27 said:
how download two mods no have in steam workshop more
Let me try to rephrase that... did you try to ask "How do I download two mods? I no longer use Steams Workshop" or was that meant to be "they are no longer in the workshop" ??? I need more coffee not fully awake yet lol...

And uhm you would need to shoot Dr. Destructo a PM asking if he has those 40 Classic and his cool 57 Classic (chevy) models archived. and can furnish you a link for download. good luck!

And they were probably tooken off Steam because of some copyright bs (as usual is the case) :eek:

Pritchard

Daystar said:
And they were probably tooken off Steam because of some copyright bs (as usual is the case) :eek:
I don't think it was copyright, they would have been gone long ago if that were the case. A lot of car mods went down because the last update broke them, I think.

Daystar

Gone in 60 seconds!
Pritchard said:
Daystar said:
I don't think it was copyright, they would have been gone long ago if that were the case. A lot of car mods went down because the last update broke them, I think.
Ahh yes how could I forget. I am still playing WF on our previous build. ;D

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Zebulon55 said:
Is there a doctor in the house? :-\
He been on a long house call since July 1 since last the Doc logged into forum. I got a PM waiting for him. ;)