57 Classic by: Dr. Destructo by Hazbro

Dr. Destructo's Custom Rods & Repair presents

Rules and Copyright:

You are more than welcome to create and share skins for this vehicle if you wish ( provided they're good! ).

You may not however use this model in whole or in part to create any other mod to upload and share. If you have
a great idea for a 1957 Classic, great! Start from scratch like I did and model one. The more the merrier.

Also do not post these file links for the 57 Classic or the skin files to any other website or file hosting service.
Link to this forum web page only.

This is first mod for Wreckfest so be "gentle". Now that I have a somewhat competent grasp of how to create a car, my next one will be much better.

Specs:
• Fully upgradable 302 or 396 engine.
• Full 10 skin colors.
• Rear brake strength increased while front brake strength decreased to help braking in turns and powerslides.
• Quick steering.
• All AI class enabled.
Known issues:
• There is a collision clipping issue with the rear tires and rear fenders because of the 57's low wheelwell opening. No current work-around available.

update 6/25/16: Updated the Steam version to latest patch. The Steam version was the only version updated and will be the only version that will be updated from this time forward. Too much of a pain to keep both updated at the same time.

update 6/11/16 Tweaked damages settings again. Small texture update.
update 6/8/16: Tweaked damage settings, reduced chrome clipping, tweaked brakes.
update 6/5/16: Increased poly count for dash guages, updated parts manufacture list.
Update 6_5_16: File directory and compatibility fix

Daystar

Gone in 60 seconds!
Hey cool job Doc and thanks for letting us have it early!

Question though... so with this car mod I'm downloading now, and the one you will upload in the future.. does that mean when I download your steam release I will have a better chance seeing more of your car in the AI races?

Great car by the way!

It doesn't effect it either way. I think it all has to do with the car's class. I used the default AI class settings. Sometimes a couple will show up, sometimes a bunch will spawn. I think it's all random.

Thanks.

Edit:
The 57 Classic is now available in the Steam Workshop. Let me know it there's any online compatibility issues with this version and the Steam version.

@Heddly

LOL, yeah that's the official way of driving a 57. Gotta look cool while getting the snot knocked out of you :)

As far as the tga files go, yep, I just caught that after I uploaded the file. I'm so used to updating textures and dragging them over the build asset battery that I didn't even think about it hehe.

Axarator

I test games, I make games, I mod games and play
Weeked Smasher
Wow, nice job. It works amazingly with my DriftFest mod :)
Thanks so much for this great vehicle :D

FollowWings

There is nothing impossible just laziness!! ;-)
Full time wrecker
Superior Work Constructo! :) ;-)
Everybody has to done a job like you did perfectly and fast!
Wanna see more product from you!
Have a nice Day!

Mazay

Really great work, especially the details!

Couple of things catch my eye. The rear bumber does have weird shading.
Also the folder name is equal to santa car: "mod_vehicle_1" so it seems to collide with it.
It's interesting it behaves this way, but on other hand lets us make mods to mods :p

Vroberts123

Vinpetrol
This is so amazing, great work!
Definitely want this , I will download later.
I'm hoping it will work as an add on with my Pro Series mod?
If so I hope to make damaged files for it to work on my real2life mod too.

Much appreciated :)

RickyBobby

This looks so great... haven't even tried it yet but it's already my favorite car mod so far :) Thanks for sharing.

Thanks all, glad you like it.

I've just updated the main file. This is a file directory and compatibility fix with the Steam version. Let me know if you have any issues with it.

Have you updated to the latest version?

The only difference between the latest download version and the Steam version is the modinfo and preview jpeg files. So far I've had no issues with the Steam version.

If you had an older version in you mod folder, first while in game disable the mod then close the game out. Then delete the old mod and install the new. Then start the game again and enable the newer version.

See if that helps.

Heddly

FOJ Supporter/Modder
Team Bugbear Member
Bonecracker said:
Game crash after activate the mod :-\
How many other mods do you have enabled? Is it the only one enabled?

Try it alone or move it to the last mod enabled and see if that helps.

Bonecracker

Heddly said:
Bonecracker said:

No i try with many mods activated or only that one first o last place and always crash v0.202296

Vroberts123

Vinpetrol
Really nice.
Love how it works as an extra car and doesn't get lost in reference changes in Pro Series mod.
Also I copied the real2life damage sector and tyre damage from one of my cars into the 57, result!!.:)

Thank you so much!

Vroberts123

Vinpetrol
Bonecracker said:
Heddly said:
Bonecracker said:

No i try with many mods activated or only that one first o last place and always crash v0.202296
Are you getting fatal error?

Restart steam
If it doesn't load first time, close wreckfest and re launch :)