Administrator
Staff member
WF_Tournament_update_SOCIALMEDIA_s15.jpg

HIGHLIGHTS
  • HDR support on PS5 and XSX/XSS
  • New tournament: Autumn Carnage
  • New tournament reward car: Hotbomb
  • New tournament rewards paints
We're excited to announce the availability of a new tournament!

This release also contains a number of enhancements and bug fixes. Please check out the release notes below for a summary of items added or improved upon.

RELEASE NOTES

Game version

PS5: 1.014
PS4: 02.14
XB1/XSX/XSS: 2.0.1.4
PC: 1.280419

SYSTEM
  • (PS5/XSX/XSS) High dynamic range rendering (HDR) is now used whenever HDR is enabled in the system menu and a HDR10 compliant display device is detected.
  • (PS5/XSX/XSS) Exposure adaptation now works correctly so the image no longer appears too dark.
TOURNAMENT
  • New tournament season: Autumn Carnage
  • New tournament reward paintjobs for Doomrig and Schoolbus
GAMEPLAY
  • On Little Thrasher, the stock pipes are now correctly removed when installing upright pipes.
  • Hunter Panther rear axle and brake disc no longer clip.
MULTIPLAYER
  • (PC) A correct number of clients can now join the lobby (i.e. 24 on a 24 player lobby).
Thanks for all the feedback and good luck!

Last edited:

Hélder

HIGHLIGHTS
  • HDR support on PS5 and XSX/XSS
  • New tournament: Autumn Carnage
  • New tournament rewards paints
We're excited to announce the availability of a new tournament!

This release also contains a number of enhancements and bug fixes. Please check out the release notes below for a summary of items added or improved upon.

RELEASE NOTES

Game version

PS5: 1.014
PS4: 02.14
XB1/XSX/XSS: 2.0.1.4
PC: 1.280419

SYSTEM
  • (PS5/XSX/XSS) High dynamic range rendering (HDR) is now used whenever HDR is enabled in the system menu and a HDR10 compliant display device is detected.
  • (PS5/XSX/XSS) Exposure adaptation now works correctly so the image no longer appears too dark.
TOURNAMENT
  • New tournament season: Autumn Carnage
  • New tournament reward paintjobs for Doomrig and Schoolbus
GAMEPLAY
  • On Little Thrasher, the stock pipes are now correctly removed when installing upright pipes.
  • Hunter Panther rear axle and brake disc no longer clip.
MULTIPLAYER
  • (PC) A correct number of clients can now join the lobby (i.e. 24 on a 24 player lobby).
Thanks for all the feedback and good luck!
I paid today for a Wreckfest Xbox Series Version Upgrade, but on June I had already payed for it. Is this normal? How can I have a refund?

BigPanda128

I am not opposed to seeing the high fame point price for the car. However the main problem i have been hitting is that the fame points from ps4 never transfered over when I upgraded to ps5. So I have several hundred thousand FP sitting around unable to be used while I play on ps5 exclusively. Is there ever going to be a fix that will finally bring over the Fame points to the new generation?

I am not opposed to seeing the high fame point price for the car. However the main problem i have been hitting is that the fame points from ps4 never transfered over when I upgraded to ps5. So I have several hundred thousand FP sitting around unable to be used while I play on ps5 exclusively. Is there ever going to be a fix that will finally bring over the Fame points to the new generation?
I have the same problem

TH8

Another fantastic update to Wreckfest...love the look of the 'Hotbomb'...except for the 'Bonnet Cam' View where I spend most of my driving in Wreckfest...the protruding engine Bonnet Bomb gives and unusual view to say the least....lol...would be great if this was removed possibly.

1 WRECKFEST HOTBOMB Bonnet View PROBLEM.jpg

samoth

I'm glad that you do have a regular forums, it's a good policy.
And worth the effort to stay in touch. I do enjoy the game.

So, I registered a bit ago. It took along time to get that registration thing working correctly.
The process was terribly lengthy and unnecessarily, 'secure', and the stupid image match captcha or whatever, that is wretched.
This website has no need of all those layers....
I digress, the registering took way too long, and was ridiculously riddled with issues. 5 of the 6 confirm letters took me to the Oops something went wrong page. You have no where convenient for someone to tell you that. I could not find one section or thread where I didn't have too be confirmed first to get help.

So far, the update seems okay, I had hoped you would address the armor item sorting.
I mentioned it in the steam forums, but this is more immediate. And it is minor.

I already purchased some DLC content, while trying to remain true to the initial game.
1633574456005.png
And some wonderful content as well! Thanks!

I was super happy to get the extra components from Steel&Wheels. Very gratifying.
I found myself rummaging thru the items, to make my statement. Fooling with the color, livery, and I forget the other, is 'Pattern'?
Some good variety to be had amongst it. And the one DLC that really helps with choices, since it is the only one. Are there any others?
he vehicles in these five seem down to earth, 1-2 of them are quite powerful. As well as earning the 'Bulldog'? 700HP monster?
Grand Duke with the beeeeeffffyyy throaty throttling back churn.
Also some pretty good sound effects, I must say. Kudos.
Nothing in those DLC seems OP, which I want to avoid the temptation of, until I try finishing career.

I wish the Fame Store was a bit more self-explanatory.
Please consider placing a legend, in the screen somewhere, along with the items for trade-in. Tell us what the symbols mean.
Have a tooltip that shows what all is in the package, or list it, or anything. Maybe on the glossy window display.
I bought the bus package, and the Doomrig one, it's just paints. I had no clue as to what I would be getting.
Some/Any indications as to WHAT we are purchasing.

Please, add some components/parts(or simply cosmetics) for those vehicles that have no options.
Or turn them off(selectable parts) like Doomrig and Harvester. Dim things(selections) that have no applicable pieces.
No point in having the parts listed if the only thing available is the part you have now.
None of them(specials) have much for cosmetics. The school bus just stays as is forever, joy(Until today, ofc).
The bus with bulldozer blade again nothing, no parts, no exchangeable armor, nothing.
Doomrig nothing. They get some small thing(event), and that's about it. Not especially fun, or appealing.
The Camper, nothing. It only lets you buy a better engine, but has others the parts selections turned on, to show you can't buy anything for it?

And there's more... but I'm outta gas, and time for now.

Anyhoo, great work on the update!
I love the format of the Tournament, it feels live, and getting to compete with other players is cool.
Fix the cheating tho' plz.
It's really nice to see that you are actively supporting the game still.
I hope to see the rest of your content, when I am ready for the remaining DLC's.
1633746838011.png Just got it!
Short of the AI, it has been a blast so far, and I am hoping to score out of Challengers series pretty soon.
It will be easier for me to post about bugs here as opposed to the steam forum.

I apologize in advance for my utter lack of grammar skills, and that you have to decipher me. I do try tho'

Last edited:

Cegon

I wish the Fame Store was more self-explanatory.
Please consider placing a legend in the screen somewhere, along with the items for trade-in. Tell us what the symbols mean.
Have a tooltip that shows what all is in the package, or list it, or anything on the glossy window display. Some indications as to WHAT we are purchasing. I bought the bus package, and the Doomrig one, it's just paints. I had no clue as to what I would be getting.
Add components for those vehicles that have no options. Or turn them off like Doomrig, and Harvester. No point in having the parts listed if the only thing available is the part you have now.
None of them(specials) have much for cosmetics. The school bus just stays as is forever, joy.
The bus with bulldozer blade, nothing, no parts no exchangeable armor, nothing.
Doomrig nothing.
They get to do 1 small thing, and thats about it. Not especially fun, or appealing.
The Camper, nothing. It only lets you buy a better engine, but has others the parts selections turned on, to show you can't buy anything for it?
And there's more... but I'm outta gas, and time for now. It took along time to get that registration thing working correctly.
I agree about the Tournament Store items' vague description. For the time being, you can ask here in this forum about the contents of each item since there's a bunch of users who already have most of them. Personally I have everything except the styling bundles for the front wheel drive cars (BB Racing for Nexus RX and Racefly for Firefly) so you can quote my message (so I get a notification, or you can PM me) and ask about the contents of any item, I'll provide screenshots.

Concerning the large "Special" vehicles, I'm sure you're not supposed to be able to make them faster or heavier because of multiplayer balance. If you want customizable super heavy tanky vehicles I'd recommend Grand Duke (American Allstars DLC), Vandal (Rusty Rats DLC) or Wingman (Retro Rammers DLC), all of them from Season Pass 1.

BigPanda128

That is good news, but that only fixes the problem for people who are just now moving to the ps5 version. The issue that a lot of people playing on ps5 have is that they have fame points sitting on their old ps4 save that cant be used since we have already moved to ps5 did the save migration and have continued forward playing on the ps5 version. Doing another migration would make us lose all progress on the new save over the last however long it has been since the migration took place. In my case I'd be looking at when the ps5 version first released so about 4 months of progress.

To be honest I could see a relatively doable fix for this. In the statistic page for the tournament it shows the total fame gained which looks to be accurate from the old save migration and has continued to grow on the ps5 save. So the correct number of fame points is stored in players current save files. What could be done is to take that value and subtract the current fame, and all store purchases from it the player has. That would provide the difference in fame points that are missing that is on the ps4 save. Then it could be recalculated into the current fame points you have so it nets even.

toninus

Another fantastic update to Wreckfest...love the look of the 'Hotbomb'...except for the 'Bonnet Cam' View where I spend most of my driving in Wreckfest...the protruding engine Bonnet Bomb gives and unusual view to say the least....lol...would be great if this was removed possibly.

View attachment 6630
Same here. Well I still need 100K Fame to buy it, but I would love the bonnet bomb to be removable when selecting other hoods.

samoth

I agree about the Tournament Store items' vague description. For the time being, you can ask here in this forum about the contents of each item since there's a bunch of users who already have most of them. Personally I have everything except the styling bundles for the front wheel drive cars (BB Racing for Nexus RX and Racefly for Firefly) so you can quote my message (so I get a notification, or you can PM me) and ask about the contents of any item, I'll provide screenshots.
thank you for that generous offer, will take it under advisement. I really had no clue what it was about, a steam player told me some about it, but a legend, or some tooltips, or just plain writing. Would be lovely.

Concerning the large "Special" vehicles, I'm sure you're not supposed to be able to make them faster or heavier because of multiplayer balance. If you want customizable super heavy tanky vehicles I'd recommend Grand Duke (American Allstars DLC), Vandal (Rusty Rats DLC) or Wingman (Retro Rammers DLC), all of them from Season Pass 1.
Certainly I believe in balance, I can't speak to multi-play. Don't do it, yet. So, very little exposure there.
But, I do get what you are saying. Could it not downgrade them if in multi-player?
I am quite certain the computer could realize it is in Multi-mode, and react accordingly.
That would be my hope. can it throttle them in some way? Dismount parts?
And I don't ask in hopes of having some ultimate thrash vehicle. Not my point, or motivation.
Just those vehicles are bland and pointless, Two buses, you can barely change the paint on, Doomrig(nada) The Camper, it can't be changed at all, you can't even change the grill,...
whoops I am getting carried away, I type poorly and slow, and world of warships has been open for 15 min while i typed this.
gotta come back later....

and later it is....
Here I can massacre the English language grammar rules but I get to make it here with pictures.
Being able to paste snips is a godsend. My typing skills have declined over the years now, so..
It was bad before I got old. Funny enough I have been a software tester previously. I typed much quicker then, my grammar was still terrible.
Enough about me, I'm glad to finally get here. I really dislike steams feel for this sort of communication.

I had begun to collect some bug-ish things in an 'Art' folder there.
Just some low-level c-type bugs. Either visual, or mildly mechanical(technical).
20210829201207_2.jpg20210829191122_1.jpg
Lawnmower beneath Doomrig. Untouchable. these links may or may not work.
The Duke Boys UP to it again. they were supposed to take you to the saved screenshots. I dunno.

You may learn to hate the way I write, just a heads-up. It frequently happens. We'll see where that goes.
Also possible I will request or suggest odd things, in odd ways. Unfortunately it's the only way I tick.
I don't try to upset folks, I simply do. Kinda like me and software, it is likely it will break immediately when I touch it.
Very possible.

okay time for a break....

Last edited:

TH8

Same here. Well I still need 100K Fame to buy it, but I would love the bonnet bomb to be removable when selecting other hoods.
I purchased it for 500,000 (half a million)...they have reduced the Hotbomb Fame credits from 1,000,000 (million) to 500,000...what a bargain!

Janne Suur-Näkki

Administrator
Staff member
A minor patch out on all platforms, with release notes as follows:

RELEASE NOTES

Game version

PS5: 1.015
PS4: 02.15
XB1/XSX/XSS: 2.0.1.5
PC: 1.280658
  • (XSX/XSS) Fixed a crash when launching the game.
  • (PC) Fixed a common input system related crash.
  • Improved collisions on Firwood to reduce the chance of vehicles ending up floating in the air.
Our apologies for the crashes, hopefully everything is fine now so that everyone can get back to racing and wrecking!