Can i make opponents slower?

Papote

I have the FOV3 mod and its packed.

My question is: can i modify all the opponents in the game to go slower?

I have the game in the easiest skill level and i would enjoy the game more if the opponents did not leave me so far behind every time

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Hi, you can make the AI faster or run normal speed but not slower:

Are you using the Trasher? Should be able to beat the AI with this car. Most players online pick the Trasher to race with.

When picking tracks, the Bronze and Silver tracks will use slower cars. The Gold tracks AI will use the fastest cars in Flatout. In Single player you can pick the Trasher for all tracks. If doing career mode, game will limit you on what car you can use.

Bay Speedway Oval

You could cheat and load a custom car. Most custom cars are faster than the stock cars. Say like Mur Cobra:

Papote

Hey thanks that did the trick, Its more enjoyable now. Question: are custom cars something to download or do i have them in my game already? If its a download can you recomend a car pack?

Thank you again man :)

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Unfortunately Flatout Joint where a lot of custom cars for Flatout 1 were available to download, close it doors last year.

Heddly did upload a carpack for FOv3 to Moddb:

MCO-MOD_FOV3_Addon

This what I use to host online back in 2013 with FOv3:

patch.ini:

Archives = {
[1] = "FOV3-Patches/fov3.bfs",
[2] = "FOV3-CustomCars/HeddlysFOV3Pack.bfs",
[3] = "FOV3-CustomCars/Hedllys_FOV3_CP2.bfs",
[4] = "FOV3-CustomCars/5buickgtsfov3.bfs",
[5] = "FOV3-Patches/fov3overrite.bfs",
[6] = "FOV3-Patches/fig8 track pack.bfs",
}

The download links for these files took you too Flatout Joint. Let me talk with Heddly and see if can get some new links to download the bfs files in patch file above. I may take a few days for me to catch Heddly online.

Here video of us online using this patch:

Online with the FOv3 mod for Flatout 1.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Daystar said:
Here is another Flatout site...

http://fo-online.net/?link=3
Err and the guys at fo-online prefer to race Flatout 1 stock with stock cars, so use the FOv2 community mod from Flatout Joint and made some improvements to it ( plus version ).

If want to race stock Flatout 1 online, they are a good bunch of guys to hookup with. And about the only Flatout site still going.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
I talk with Heddly today and we think instead of doing download links for the bfs files in that patch file I posted, I will put together a rar file with all the bfs files, patch, etc needed to run FOv3 mod with this patch:

Archives = {
[1] = "FOV3-Patches/fov3.bfs",
[2] = "FOV3-CustomCars/HeddlysFOV3Pack.bfs",
[3] = "FOV3-CustomCars/Hedllys_FOV3_CP2.bfs",
[4] = "FOV3-CustomCars/5buickgtsfov3.bfs",
[5] = "FOV3-Patches/fov3overrite.bfs",
[6] = "FOV3-Patches/fig8 track pack.bfs",
}

I will upload this rar file to Moddb for people to download. Should have a link sometime next week.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
OK, got Heddly carpack for FOv3 mod uploaded to Moddb tonight. Now got to wait for approval, then I can post a download link. Should have it by tomorrow.

Carpack includes Stage1's Buick and Par T Chilli's Trackmaster tires. :)

If you don't have the FOv3 mod for Flatout 1 yet, better go download it and get it running. Going need it to run this carpack. ;)

http://www.moddb.com/downloads/foj-community-fov3-mod-gold-edition