Carmageddon: Reincarnation - Stainless

Needles Kane

Weeked Smasher
Majatek, What DLL missing?

Played Beta over fifteen hours and 79 hours in total. Fun game, bit short, very enjoyable. Yesterday I played first time MP and it was fun. While it was laggy and lacks text chat and other vital features, MP looks very promising.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
If you have Win 7 and only sercive pack 1 and have not let windows do the updates, you are missing something that C:R wants.

Unfortunately error message does not tell you what it is. There a guy that narrow it down to what hotfix is needed to "fix" Win 7. but I'm holding out for Stainless to fix the problem on their end. Like have install have the need Win file(s) put into C:R folder to be loaded when game load.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
What, you sure? They don't even have the bugs work out yet!!

Have to go check this out, is today April 1?

After 2 updates to the beta release last month, I still can't start the game. :(

Also no wheel support and right now no text chat online. But in last C:R stream, Nobby said they plan to add text chat to online.

http://www.carmageddon.com/forum/topic/28171?page=5

starbuck said:
Good news for some of you.

OK After initial tests and no fiddling with the controllers setting I got BOTH the MS force Feedback wheel to work (red and black version) AND the Logitech Nascar wheel to work. The MS wheel had to have the red light OFF for it to work.

I did not YET get the pedals to work in either. As I sad no fiddling with those settings.

And this is with todays version of the game and no emulators running. nor are there any emulator files stored on my PC. Windows 8.1. 64 bit.
If you have not bought Carmageddon: Reincarnation yet, you may want to hold off until you can get a demo. It take strong computer to run C:R from what I have read. Right now C:R tougher to run than Wreckfest. If your computer struggles to get over 30 FPS with Wreckfest, good luck getting over 30 with C:R.

Share your performance reports here

Trailer video does look good thou. :)

Majatek

Posts generated by this user derive from consensus
Full time wrecker
Master Blaster
Team Bugbear Member
Oh god, it's going gold already? I can't even play (let alone START) the latest build! D:

Carmageddon really needs another couple of months of love to iron out all the bugs and make it perform better at least. Yeah, it's feature complete (ie: all the cars and tracks are done), but there needs to be some major optimization with the game's logic. If I was part of the dev team and I was told "lol okay it's being released next month, fix everything" in its current state, I'd resign. x___x

I mean, yeah, I love Carma and their developers. They're being a bit too preemptive with its release date, though. :(

dbs213

Master Blaster
Too many "holes" in the game, I still think it's not quite finished yet. I'm not quite sure if they can fit all the optimization work and other stuff like support for six-wheeled cars. Nevertheless, I'm still glad to see that Stainless made it this far.

Adenru

Full time wrecker
If it wasn't for links I'd think it's April fool's joke. I can start carma but in current state it needs at least six more months for ironing bugs and perfomance issues.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Just watch a new Carmageddon: Reincarnation stream video the Stainless Devs did Wednesday. They answer a lot of questions in the video, even talk about Flatout and Wreckfest. They also talk about how release date got pick for C:R and hinted at a game they would like to do if have the $$.

Bad news on text chat. Look like it will not be there in final release, but Nobby still wants get it into the game later. But will it be to late? No word about wheel support.

Carmageddon: Reincarnation Livestream - 18 March 2015

Stainless got their work cut out for them to get Carmageddon: Reincarnation in shape for a final release in 5 weeks. I hope they can pull it off. It they don't get the optimization better and fix game not starting for players with Win 7 that not up to date, Stainless going take some heat on Steam!

If you are a pad player and looking to play C:R single player and game run fine on your computer, Carmageddon: Reincarnation should be a fun car combat game for you.

If you are a wheel player, if you only want to do online and if your computer on the wimpy side, you may want to wait and see how things shake out come release day next month.

Online has major issues in the beta ( hosts only doing 6 player host since game crashing with 8 player ) and with no text chat , C:R online is at risk of dying off after a couple of months. :(

I found out today there will be no Win 7 service pack 2! Grrr Thanks Micosoft!! :mad: Look like I will have to do the hotfix come release day if Carmageddon: Reincarnation still does not start ( and hope that all I need to do or I will have to do 100+ Win updates too ). I think this can be a problem for Stainless if it don't get fix on their end and unsuspecting new buyers of the game on release day, fire up the game and it don't start and error message does not say why!!

rhamm

Weeked Smasher
Team Bugbear Member
I was a Kickstarter backer but never downloaded the game because I wanted to wait until it was finished. Having followed the game on the Carmageddon forum the entire time I was pretty shocked when I read the Kickstarter email of their latest status update stating the game would be released next month, especially with all the complaining about how terribly the game runs for a lot of people.

Hopefully they've been able to get in a lot of optimizing in the past month and will be able to do a lot more optimizing within the next month but I'm not holding my breath.

Oh well, I always knew the project could crater. That's the risk a person takes with Kickstarter and Steam Early Access.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Stainless made a smart move and delayed the release of Carmageddon: Reincarnation until:

http://www.carmageddon.com/news/release-date-update

The new date for the Full Release of Carmageddon: Reincarnation is 21st May 2015.

I did not think Stainless could get all the bugs fix by April 24th. Maybe C: R will be ready for prime time come May. :)

Heddly

FOJ Supporter/Modder
Team Bugbear Member
Purple44 said:
Found this out today over at Stainless forum:

Wheel support ?
wiski said:
Watch the most recent Stream, they talk about it there, but basically they feel the game isn't a sim racing game and isn't suited to wheels. If they have time later they said they may work on putting wheel support in, but right now there are more important things to work on.
I will be very, very disappointed with Stainless if there no wheel support in Carmageddon: Reincarnation.

I posted this reply:

Purple44 said:
http://app.carmageddon.tv/forum/topic/18413?page=1

hammr25 said:
23/06/2012
Nobby said this during the Kickstarter campaign:

Nobby said:
Regarding controllers - Yes, depending on platform we want to support pads and force feedback wheels.
We've got some excellent Logitech controllers that we're keen to get working with the game.
If Nobby had not said this during the Kickstarter campaign, I would not have supported Stainless with my $25.

This is a PC racing game, should have support for a wheel. I got burn with racing game Blur that did not have wheel support, so I had to use a third party program to to remap things to my MOMO wheel. It work, but there was input lag, so a lot of times I would just miss the power up I was after!! GRRRRRRRRR :(

Because of this, I vowed never to buy a PC racing game that did not support a wheel ever again. I pass on Bugbear Ridge Racer Unbounded since it only supported a 360 pad.

Have I misplace my trust in Stainless to deliver wheel support in Carmageddon: Reincarnation??

With no text chat for online and if there no wheel support, Carmageddon: Reincarnation looking more like a console port than a PC racing game. :(

I'm going have egg on my face for supporting Carmageddon: Reincarnation over at Bugbear forum:

Carmageddon: Reincarnation - Stainless

Wreckfest, Distance and Gas Guzzlers Extreme, all have text chat online and wheel support, is Carmageddon: Reincarnation going to be the odd man out? ( all 3 of these racing games have gotten my support $$ )
I also assumed that the game would support steering wheels when I contributed to the Kickstarter campaign.
My biggest disappointment was Dirt Showdown. My steering wheel worked in the Dirt Showdown Demo and I really liked the game so I bought it and my wheel didn't work in the official release of the game.

Adenru

Full time wrecker
”But why the 6 Car MP maximum?” I hear you cry. Simply, because it results in a vastly more stable and smooth MP experience. The game has been developed from the beginning around a 6 car grid, and all the early benchmarking for complexity of models and the tech requirements were based on this number. But there was an “aspiration” within the team to push the MP number up. We tried… and it didn’t come off. So, we’ve finished up where we strongly expected to be – with the Multiplayer game being the equivalent car-wrecking experience to the Single Player, and vice-versa. And during extensive testing over the past few months it’s clear that the MP game plays as well if not better by following the Single Player setup. Plus everything fits on the grid screen and Wrecks Gallery properly again..!

Bugbear confirmed for a better developer than Stainless despite efforts of teaching playerbase patience.

orbotnive

I'm a bit disappointed in this game. Firstly it barely runs without toning it down practically making it look like the original - whereas almost everything else I play barely heats up the PC on max settings.

Secondly that's the first I heard about no wheel support. That seems dumb even if it isn't a simulator type game because it IS a car game.. Those coin ops from the late 80's to late 90's weren't simulators either but they had a wheel in front of them.

Thirdly 6 players in multiplayer does seem a bit short. It's not the end of the world but..

And lastly I don't like the feel of it either. Can't put my finger on it. The flavour, the atmosphere, the attitude I don't know. Feels like an attempted recreation of the originals not quite done right rather than an enhanced newer version of it.

I kickstarted this a long time ago and was waiting for the finished product, I'm afraid I may as well have kept it in the nostalgia bank.

rhamm

Weeked Smasher
Team Bugbear Member
I finally got around to playing this game. It kind of reminds me of Duke Nukem forever. It's a game that should have stayed back in the 90s. It's hard to get excited for it when I can play games like GTA 4 or 5 or Just Cause 2 and cause 10 times the mayhem in massive worlds. I should try the multiplayer because blowing up the AI opponents gets boring pretty quickly.

Adenru

Full time wrecker
rhamm said:
I finally got around to playing this game. It kind of reminds me of Duke Nukem forever. It's a game that should have stayed back in the 90s. It's hard to get excited for it when I can play games like GTA 4 or 5 or Just Cause 2 and cause 10 times the mayhem in massive worlds. I should try the multiplayer because blowing up the AI opponents gets boring pretty quickly.
Multiplayer is truly fun, however there is that one thing that ruins it... Multiplayer content is tied to what you've unlocked in career. Hey player, want some fun with other poeple? No, go play with bots first!
Stupid.

rhamm

Weeked Smasher
Team Bugbear Member
Adenru said:
Multiplayer is truly fun, however there is that one thing that ruins it... Multiplayer content is tied to what you've unlocked in career. Hey player, want some fun with other poeple? No, go play with bots first!
Stupid.
Wow, that's mind boggling.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Carmageddon: Reincarnation updated itself yesterday. Just gave it a try to see if Stainless fix the Win 7 problem at start up today. No go, still get an error after C:R loads for awhile.

Guess I wait to final version to see if Stainless fixes the Win 7 problem. Yes I could go do the hot fix, but I want to be able to test this bug come release day. I think it be bad for Stainless come release day and there a bunch of posts on Steam saying C:R will not start!

If Stainless does not fix the Win 7 problem, they better do good tech support on this problem to make it easy for Win 7 users to learn how to fix problem. But I still think Stainless will take some heat for still having the bug.

None my other 13 Steam games needed a Win 7 hotfix to run.

But shame on Microsoft too for not putting out a 2nd Service Pack for Win 7. Boo Microsoft!! :mad:

I mainly bought Carmageddon: Reincarnation to run over peds and cows. :p In most other games, peds have a way of avoiding getting run over!!

The Very End

Weeked Smasher
Master Blaster
I can't even play the (censored) multiplayer :( Tried everything, reinstalling, checking game files etc.. nothing helps. I have not installed ONE SINGLE THING in this game, like a DLC, mod or whatever. It's fresh install, and multiplayer is greyed out. Tried completing some SP to see if that helped, but no. Canot even press the god damn button.

And also, the performance. (censored) my pocketcalculator can calculate the needed fuel consumation for a spaceship that travels from earth to mars through a black hole faster than what this game can generate a level. And god forbid you do something as silly as trying to repair your car... ffs