Carmageddon: Reincarnation - Stainless

rhamm

Weeked Smasher
Team Bugbear Member
Stainless released a 2.6gb performance optimization patch today. Now when I load the game it doesn't take 5 minutes to get to a menu and framerates are better in the game as well. They also made it so you don't need that one windows update that Purple complained about.

I don't like spamming threads with huge bits of content so here's a link to the update notes. They're pretty long.

http://www.carmageddon.com/news/post-launch-update-1

Adenru

Full time wrecker
They are going to give away same game to have better reviews. Funny. Why don't complete a game on release in the first place?

dave3d

Full time wrecker
Carmageddon Max Damage seems to be (only from the trailer, sadly dont really know) more of a Carmageddon 2 style of gameplay.
It will be much welcomed for me, as I didnt/dont really like Carmageddon Reincarnation (mainly cuz they did a Carma 1 WITH hard missions, instead off a Carma 2 W/O missions).

And, is that what you meant by giving a new game?
Yes, Carmageddon Max Damage will be free for people who own Reincarnation.
:)

KazzyMac

Unce Unce Wub-wub-wub
Team Bugbear Member
dave3d said:
Carmageddon Max Damage seems to be (only from the trailer, sadly dont really know) more of a Carmageddon 2 style of gameplay.
It will be much welcomed for me, as I didnt/dont really like Carmageddon Reincarnation (mainly cuz they did a Carma 1 WITH hard missions, instead off a Carma 2 W/O missions).

And, is that what you meant by giving a new game?
Yes, Carmageddon Max Damage will be free for people who own Reincarnation.
:)
It looks like given the mixed reception C:R got due to the optimisation problems that Stainless have decided to make a "1.5" sequel to start fresh. They also promised a console version of C:R as well as new maps so I think from a commercial perspective marketing it as a new game makes sense.

At least for us PC users we'll be getting it for free, so I'm not going to complain. ;)