Janne Suur-Näkki

Administrator
Staff member
WF_Tournament_update_SOCIALMEDIA_s13.jpg
HIGHLIGHTS
  • New tournament: Carmageddon
  • New free Carmageddon tracks
  • New Eagle-R reward car
We're excited to announce a new tournament, and it's a very special treat!

If there's one game that perfectly blended racing and destruction, not to mention a wicked sense of dark humour, that's the original Carmageddon and its numerous successors. When we got a surprise chance to inject some of the Carmageddon vibes in our game we didn't need to think twice about it - Carmageddon inside Wreckfest is like a marriage made in heaven! So there you have it: the new update adds two iconic environments "Bleak City" and "Devil's Canyon" from the original Carmageddon, the infamous Eagle-R car and a healthy number of zombies to run over, all wrapped in the pixelated glory of the early 90s, perfect to release your inner Max Damage.

Let's start smashing some zombies!

Additionally, this release also contains a few additional improvements but we invite you to check out the release notes below for a complete summary of items fixed or improved upon. Unfortunately, the title also suffers from a few issues at the moment which we are going to address, and a list of those can be found below as well.

RELEASE NOTES

Game version

PC: 1.278680
PS5: 1.012.000
PS4: 2.12
XB1/XSX/XSS: 2.0.1.2

CONTENT
  • Added two new environments from Carmageddon: Bleak City and Devil's Canyon.
    Both new environments feature a race track and a free roam environment best suitable for deathmatches, and additionally Bleak City also has a reverse race layout as well as a dedicated demolition arena.

Server admins note: the internal designation for the tracks are as follows:

Code:
    Bleak City Race Track: crm01_1
    Bleak City Race Track Reverse: crm01_5
    Bleak City Demolition Arena: crm01_3
    Bleak City Free Roam: crm01_2
    Devil's Canyon Race Track: crm02_1
    Devil's Canyon Free Roam: crm02_2
TOURNAMENT
  • New tournament season: Carmageddon.
  • New tournament reward car: Eagle-R.
SYSTEM
  • (XBSX) Improved framerate for more stable 60 fps.
  • (PC) Improved reliability of save data handling.
  • (PC) Game no longer crashes to fatal error whenever save data is corrupted.
MULTIPLAYER
  • (PS4) Creating a public lobby now works properly.
  • (PC) Steam networking asserts are no longer displayed in the server console.
KNOWN ISSUES
  • (PC) Performance issues in multiplayer.
  • (PC) Dedicated server currently suffers from a severe memory leak, most likely causing the server to crash eventually.
  • (PC) Hosting in-game does not currently work (neither Internet or LAN), please use the dedicated server in the meantime.
  • (PC) In-game ping currently displays ~30 ms too much, meaning that your actual ping is ~30 ms less.
  • (PC) Server message is not being displayed.

Last edited:
Welcome back. Hoping the memory leak for dedicated servers can be fixed soon.
A server admin also cannot restrict cars on a server at the moment, it's bugged.
The new car looks good!

Joe47x

Can you guys please fix the leaderboards on Xbox? Most of the DLC track leaderboards don’t work. I feel like every update y’all ignore this issue and racers like myself who try to get WR lap times can’t compete on these tracks cause we don’t know who has the fastest lap.

Like Kiryu from Yakuza 0 says:

"THAT'S RAD!"

Thank you so much for the new content Bugbear, this is always amazing to see and I cannot wait for what's next.

timmy76

Full time wrecker
Great to see the Eagle in WF but I find it abit puzzling that it cost 100k fame points and is hidden behind special vehicles.
You can't add Armour to it which would of fitted in with the Carmageddon theme

HIGHLIGHTS
  • New tournament: Carmageddon
  • New free Carmageddon tracks
  • New Eagle-R reward car
We're excited to announce a new tournament, and it's a very special treat!

If there's one game that perfectly blended racing and destruction, not to mention a wicked sense of dark humour, that's the original Carmageddon and its numerous successors. When we got a surprise chance to inject some of the Carmageddon vibes in our game we didn't need to think twice about it - Carmageddon inside Wreckfest is like a marriage made in heaven! So there you have it: the new update adds two iconic environments "Bleak City" and "Devil's Canyon" from the original Carmageddon, the infamous Eagle-R car and a healthy number of zombies to run over, all wrapped in the pixelated glory of the early 90s, perfect to release your inner Max Damage.

Let's start smashing some zombies!

Additionally, this release also contains a few additional improvements but we invite you to check out the release notes below for a complete summary of items fixed or improved upon. Unfortunately, the title also suffers from a few issues at the moment which we are going to address, and a list of those can be found below as well.

RELEASE NOTES

Game version

PC: 1.278680
PS5: 1.012.000
PS4: 2.12
XB1/XSX/XSS: 2.0.1.2

CONTENT
  • Added two new environments from Carmageddon: Bleak City and Devil's Canyon.
    Both new environments feature a race track and a free roam environment best suitable for deathmatches, and additionally Bleak City also has a reverse race layout as well as a dedicated demolition arena.

Server admins note: the internal designation for the tracks are as follows:

Code:
    Bleak City Race Track: crm01_1
    Bleak City Race Track Reverse: crm01_5
    Bleak City Demolition Arena: crm01_3
    Bleak City Free Roam: crm01_2
    Devil's Canyon Race Track: crm02_1
    Devil's Canyon Free Roam: crm02_2
TOURNAMENT
  • New tournament season: Carmageddon.
  • New tournament reward car: Eagle-R.
SYSTEM
  • (XBSX) Improved framerate for more stable 60 fps.
  • (PC) Improved reliability of save data handling.
  • (PC) Game no longer crashes to fatal error whenever save data is corrupted.
MULTIPLAYER
  • (PS4) Creating a public lobby now works properly.
  • (PC) Steam networking asserts are no longer displayed in the server console.
KNOWN ISSUES
  • (PC) Performance issues in multiplayer.
  • (PC) Dedicated server currently suffers from a severe memory leak, most likely causing the server to crash eventually.
  • (PC) Hosting in-game does not currently work (neither Internet or LAN), please use the dedicated server in the meantime.
  • (PC) In-game ping currently displays ~30 ms too much, meaning that your actual ping is ~30 ms less.
  • (PC) Server message is not being displayed.
At least let us drive the car in a non special lobby

timmy76

Full time wrecker
Can BB please fix the updating issue with the next gen upgrade, its seriously annoying having to redownload 24GB after every update!

Its fine for me because my internet is decent but for someone else who has limited bandwidth its probably really frustrating.

grantw

I now have the update but don't get a weekly or monthly tournament. On PS4
Anyone else have the same?

SPUDLINK

Needs a hot fix ASAP! Tournaments broken..again. There are no A Class lobbies up, and I don’t have the ability to even make a lobby right now.

Also a bit confused as to why the eagle is grouped in with school buses, Rigs and freaking lawn mowers? I drove the eagle earlier and it was pretty damn competitive with some of the other “normal” cars. If I’m joining a special vehicle lobby I’m getting in my bus and smashing, not driving something that’s more suited for racing… I mean it doesn’t even have armor!

Cegon

Looking at the "Known issues" list and the additional problems people report I can't help but think:
Bugbear, relax. Take it down a notch. There's no need to pump out this much content, especially during summer. Just take your time, check the bugs and glitches, do some playtesting, small steps. Content patches show people you are dedicated and hard-working, but so do bugfix patches and quality patches.

Konan

Staff member
Full time wrecker
Known issue, i'm sure they're all over it to fix it already...

TH8

Have to say I not that familiar with the Carmageddon look or game and although it's a blast from the past so to speak, Retro type look in the Tracks...personal opinion is that it does not really fit the look and feel of the rest of the tracks in the game, looks like a cheap add on / WIP.
If the Tracks were updated to the graphics level of the other tracks in the game maybe...again just my personal opinion.

Like the 'EagleR' and look forward to adding some 'Armor' / Tire Changes in the future possibly.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
"looks like a cheap add on / WIP "

Since THQ owns the rights to Carmageddon now ( Stainless is no more ), I'm thinking Bugbear just ported over the 1997 Carmageddon tracks and did some tweaking to get them to load in Wreckfest.

I like the look of the Eagle r too :)