Cops and Robbers mod online Saturday, Aug 29th

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
We are looking to host Cops and Robbers derby mod online Saturday, Aug 29th at Heddly Wreckfest Joint server. You will need to swap 1 file for the Sandpit 2\Speedbowl derby. I will give details on how to do this later, like Monday.

But for now, if interest in doing Cops and Robbers derby and willing to mod your game just a little bit. please post and I will add you to the list. Hope to get 20 players to sign up and we will use a password so only those running modded game can join host.

Also I think we will mix in some other derby pits too. Make a day ( couple hours ) of derbying. :D

We also looking to post links to some custom police and robber skins to use. Any skinners wanting to share you customs skins for this event, please PM me. I will be taking some video.

Host server: Heddly's Wreckfest Joint server

Start time: 2:00pm pacific time\ 22:00 GMT start time. Saturday, Aug 29th

Mode: Team Deathmatch

Tracks: Sandpit 2, forward and reverse

Cars: Cops - Euro Coupe 1 and Sedan
. Robbers - Mini Euro and the Muscle 2

Resets OFF

Password: rob

Edit: Here my big detail post, been working on it on and off all day!

For those that did not do Cops and Robbers derbys in Flatout 1 or GRID 1, here the run down. Cops and Robbers is a free roaming derby and we will use Sandpit 2 forward track. The robbers will try and run and hide from the cops. The cops will try and hunt the robbers down and wreck their car. There no rule against the robbers wrecking the cop cars.

Cops win only if ALL robber cars are wrecked. Robbers win if any robber car is still going when timer reaches zero.

But no driving off edge of track map to escape. Resets will be turned off, so if you get stuck in outer space, it will count as you being wrecked.

We will use Team Deathmatch mode so we can have a team of cops and a team of robbers. I think we will try a 2 cops to 1 robber ratio at first. If the robbers winning to many matches, we may need to go to 3 to 1 ratio since Sandpit is a big track. Thanks to WorldofBay we will have a Team Deathmatch version that does not respawn your car. So be it a cop or robber, if wreck your car, game over for you and you get to spectate the rest of the match. You could be the eyes in the sky and help out your other teammates. I'm checking into having the use of a TeamSpeak 3 server to use for the event with a channel for the cops and a channel for the robbers to use while in a match.

The modded three files needed for Cops and Robbers mod are only needed by the hosting computer. No joining player will need to add any modded files to do Cops and Robbers on Sandpit 2 track.

But, I want to run a special hybrid version of Sandpit 2 combine with the Speedbowl arena:

This will require all players to swap in a modded ai_start.scne file or you will be derbying above the Sandpit 2 track on the invisible Speedbowl and running into invisible walls.

How to swap in file, first need to find Wreckfest install folder, if don't have shortcut to it yet, let Steam show you. Right click Wreckfest in your library, go Properties, then click Local Files tab, then click Browse Local Files.

Now work your way to the \data\art\levels\gameplayset\sandpit6_rev folder. Rename ai_start.scne to ai_start111.scne or ai_start stock.scne. Then copy\paste in the modded ai_start.scne file.

Here link to the modded Speedbowl ai_start.scne file - http://www.mediafire.com/download/7mjxcn793dqwcx9/art+-+speedbowl+-+sandpit+2+start+file.7z

If done this successfully, when you start Sandpit 2 route 1 reversed track, you should see cam going around under the Speedbowl track until you hit start button, then you will see the Speedbowl track with a hill in it.

I would like to use some custom skins for Cops and Robbers. But you do not need to add customs skins if you don't won't to.

For the cop cars, I want to use the Sedan with it white and black skin ( style #5 ) and this Finland police skin RickyBobby did for the first Euro Coupe: car ( style #10 ):

For the robber cars, WorldofBay suggest we use the Borderlands 2 skin brandrixco did for the Muscle 2 car ( style #1 ) and I want to use the mask robber skins Zebulon55 has made for the mini euro car.

I did up a video to show off Zeb skins, since there 10 of them. Also video show how to use photomode. Should practice a little with photomode so you know what keys or buttons to use:

Here a link with all the skins ( I use 7-Zip to pack files ): http://www.mediafire.com/download/n9p8anjhz7p29fy/Cops_and_Robbers_skin_pack.7z

How to install these custom skins. First need to get to \data\art\vehicles folder. Here you will see the car folders. I would make a copy of each car folder before you start encase you want your old stock skins back.

\vehicles\02_european is folder for the mini Euro car - mask robber skins
\vehicles\04_european is folder for the first Euro Coupe car - police skin
\vehicles\05_american is folder for the Muscle 2 car - Borderlands 2 skin

After unpacking Cops and Robbers skin pack, just need to copy over the skin files to the right car folder and let the new custom skin overwrite the old skin files. With the mini Euro car skins, up to you if want to copy all 10 sets of skins or just pick the ones you like. Me, I got all 10 of them.

Thanks Zeb, RickyBobby and brandrixco for the custom car skins! :D This one the reasons I prefer to do my gaming on a PC. :D

Edit: We got a new police skin to use Saturday from RickyBobby ( style #6 - \03_american ):

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7mw1m0z4s1s2uu2/Sedan+Police+911.rar

Edit:

RickyBobby said:
Should definitely become a game mode. I hope BB has this on their radar by now.

Made some minor adjustments to the police skins.
Sedan got some bullet-holes and small corrections. For 'poliisi' I adjusted colour a little bit and corrected skin_s file. DL links are the same.
Poliisi - http://www.mediafire.com/download/r7bkvmoh4dgj6wu/EURO_2_skin_finnish_police%5BRB%5D.rar
Police - http://www.mediafire.com/download/7mw1m0z4s1s2uu2/Sedan+Police+911.rar

Heddly and anybody else that would like to host Cops and Robbers, here the download link for the files: http://www.mediafire.com/download/uto9gbz93ockw5b/files+to+host+Cops+and+Robbers.7z

Be sure to back up your folders and the files being changed before copying\pasting these modded files into the right folders.

Put the ai_start.scne file into \art\levels\gameplayset\sandpit6 folder. This the startpoints file.

Put the bangerrace.gmpl and teamdeathmatch.gmpl files into \property\settings\gamemode folder. These 2 modded files give us derbys on the race tracks and Team Deathmatch with no respawning of the wrecked cars.

Thanks go out to ajanhallinta for discovering how to do derbys on the tracks, to WorldofBay for the no respawning file and a BIG thanks to WorldofBay and Errol for helping me figure out the startpoints file so I could do new Cops and Robbers derby startpoints. :D

ajanhallinta said:
I also noticed that you can play Last Man Standing -gamemode on any track, if you clone file data\property\settings\gamemode\lastmanstanding.gmpl and rename it to "bangerrace.gmpl".

If got questions, please post them.

1. Heddly
2. Royce
3. Zebulon55
4. Purple44
5. Aerotactics - maybe
6. WorldofBay
7. orbotnive can't make it
8. Raceclimb
9. x-tremest555
10. AllSmiles
11. Blazkowikz
12. rat@@
13. Ryu
14. Matrix404
15. Hoppen
16. ireadtabloids

Reserve list encase someone can't make it.

I think it be good to have a map showing where north, south, east, west is to help us call out where a robber is. Still can't upload pics to my site since late yesterday, so have to look at file attach to post.

Attachments

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Zebulon55 said:
Did you get those .bmap files, Purple?

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
I logged into Steam and got your link. Got them unpack. Will try them out tonight. Got company today.

Thanks for skins. :) Have try out Ricky police skin too. :)

Axarator

I test games, I make games, I mod games and play
Weeked Smasher
I may do some testing. Seeming I quite frequently mod my game, I don't want to interfere with my current progress, however I may be able to, depends.

Aerotactics

Sounds interesting. If I'm not scheduled to work on Saturday, and I won't know until Friday, I should be able to join. Put me down as a maybe for now.

Also, explain Cops and Robbers in the derby sense. Is it going to be TDM with a team of cars with police skins versus a team with robber skins?

if there's no other event i think i'll be there. ... meh just put my name on the list.

maybe using brandrixso's borderlands skin as robber skin because... what comes first in mind when thinking of borderlands? bandits! those poor pandorians have more of them than they have inhabitants :D

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Aerotactics said:
Sounds interesting. If I'm not scheduled to work on Saturday, and I won't know until Friday, I should be able to join. Put me down as a maybe for now.

Also, explain Cops and Robbers in the derby sense. Is it going to be TDM with a team of cars with police skins versus a team with robber skins?
Ya, we will use Team Deathmatch, one team of cops, one team of robbers. I'm thinking we should use a ratio of 2 cops for each robber in the match. Been to busy this weekend to do a more detail post. Hope to finish up the startpoints today and hopefully tomorrow can do a post explaining things, will throw in some pics.

You don't have to do custom skins if you don't want too, but I will have them on for my video. I will take the skins I will be using and upload them to mediafire where players can download them.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Got R Done. Here what my 24 startponits spread around the Sandpit 2 track look like:

Might want to do some offline practice on how to get around the track so you don't get your car stuck or damage to much.

Zebulon55

ZeBBy
Master Blaster
Practice on track, or off road?
Will the game be free roaming?
Never played cops and robbers before.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Zebulon55 said:
Practice on track, or off road?
Will the game be free roaming?
Never played cops and robbers before.

Cops and Robbers is a free roaming derby on Sandpit 2 forward track. The robbers will try and run and hide from the cops. The cops will try and hunt the robbers down and wreck there car. There no rule against the robbers wrecking the cop cars.

I've done Flatout 1 Cops and Robbers where the robbers have wreck all the cop cars!!!! :eek:

The Robbers win if any robber is still going when time runs out or all cop cars have been wrecked.

The cops win if all robber cars are wrecked before timer runs out.

The Speedbowl derby route file has last man standing start points and 2 sets of team deathmatch startpoints. Just got done copying and arranging the last man standing startpoints to team deathmatch startpoints. Here how Sandpit 2 look with team deathmatch startpoints:

Out of time for today, will do a detail post tomorrow explaining Cops and Robbers event.

Zebulon55

ZeBBy
Master Blaster
That's the way I was assuming it was played. Your suggestion to practice made me think that maybe it was on-track.
Maybe I should practice so I can try to lead cop cars off a cliff like lemmings. 8^)

orbotnive

I've never played this type, sounds like fun. 9pm's easy for me too so that's great. I'll need the tips on setup later though :)

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
I got distracted by WorldofBay today, so don't have my big details post done yet, did get video for post.

Thanks to WorldofBay we now have a working ( had to help test ) version of Team Deathmatch with no respawning. so if a robber or a cop get wrecked, game over for you until next match. :D Thanks World for getting this done. ;)

Heddly

FOJ Supporter/Modder
Team Bugbear Member
Purple44 said:
Got R Done. Here what my 24 startponits spread around the Sandpit 2 track look like:

Might want to do some offline practice on how to get around the track so you don't get your car stuck or damage to much.
How do I enable an offline derby on the Sandpit 2 track so I can practice?

I forgot that offline does not slow you down. ???

Heddly said:
How do I enable an offline derby on the Sandpit 2 track so I can practice?
for this you need to glitch the game by making bangerrace.gmpl a derby mode.
to achieve this you can either just rename one of the three derby modes to bangerrace.gmpl or mod the HUD byte in bangerrace to 2 for derby HUD.

the game will then accept derby modes on all tracks but it won't accept race modes any more (not even your modded bangerrace). there is no danger to mess anything up, as soon as you have a race mode as bangerrace.gmpl again (and of course restarted wreckfest) everything's normal again.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Ok, I finally got my big post done. Please reread my first post of this thread. Got pics and and video.

Mo, good lucky with your real derby. Look like that car been in one derby already. Always got have an extra set of tires if go derbying. :)

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
I got a Cops and Robbers host up it want to get a taste. It 3:00pm pacific time right now.