Daily Tournament Challenge

KGKaiju

I was attempting to complete the daily tournament challenges today as I normally do and decided to give the Bugzilla Demolition challenge (Thunderbowl) a try. When I saw that the requirement for gold was to wreck 30 cars, I was hoping that the time limit would be somewhere in the 5 minute range. To my dismay, we are only given 3 minutes to complete this challenge. I calculated it and found that you have to wreck 1 car every 6 seconds in order to get a gold! Is this even possible with an unstable vehicle like Bugzilla in an arena with jumps? I am not sure who decided on this short time limit but I cannot seem to get anywhere close to the gold medal goal of 30. The best I have been able to do is only 18 and I felt fortunate to get that. I have a couple of questions to ask: Has anyone completed this challenge and received a gold trophy? If so, could you post a video on YouTube so that I can see how you did it? If nobody has, can something be done to make future demolition challenges more reasonable than this one is? Thanks in advance for any replies given.

Soulburn

It's a tough one. I managed 21 for silver after 5 or so tries. Going balls out in the Zilla will get you nowhere on this track. Go slow, line up a car head on/rear on and mash the gas, instant dnf. Keep trying!

DrWagner696

Since October 8th they changed the AI and agression of the opponents to the worst ever. And the challenges are getting very frustrating compared to how it was before October 8th. These Bugbear wannabes try to fool the paying customer again?
Many of us (me included) lost their whole records and fame points if you had Level 100 and around 400.000 fame point by the end of August.
They are not able to produce a clean stable product, many issues with the camera flickering in race-mode and garage as well. The list of the technical problem with these guys is almost endless. Also: why do they fake good sense for music in their promotion videos when you have that annoying shit in the menu. 2 techno-tracks that are the worst ever, but can't deselected seperately, the rest of the soundtrack is also not that good, maybe 2 tracks are worth listening. With the memory-problem I see it as they didn't realize that Level 100 is not the end of the latter (like Y2K-problem with Windows..., a disgrace) but now with the setting of the AI in the Tournament it is on purpose. Didn't they talk about adjusting down the agression of the opponents, so why increase it in the Tournament. The Tournament is the only reason everybody still plays this game. We all stopped playing this game before the Tournament, just downloaded the DLCs we had with the Season Pass and drive around a little bit with the new cars. But nothing more - and everybody I know (real people, not digital whatevers) did it that way because the game wasn't what they promised. Maybe it was a mistake to buy the second season pass. If these guys will not change the agression of the Ai back to what was enjoyable I'm pretty sure many people will stop playing that game again. On thing is for sure: Bugbear seems to be a company you can not trust, trying to fool the paying customers never was a good idea.
For me it's clear: I will buy nothing this company releases ever again.

KGKaiju

It's a tough one. I managed 21 for silver after 5 or so tries. Going balls out in the Zilla will get you nowhere on this track. Go slow, line up a car head on/rear on and mash the gas, instant dnf. Keep trying!
I tried this method but unfortunately lining them up is a harder task than it should be. Most of the time I found myself perpendicular to my opponents. When I did pull it off, about half the time I was apparently going too slow and did very little damage. There were quite a few times when my opponent swerved at the last moment and I only got a glancing blow....very frustrating. I salute your effort to get 21. Let me know if you ever get 30. I would really like to see how you did it. If anyone is able to average 1 wrecked vehicle every 6 seconds, I would be totally shocked. As for me, I may try again if I see that someone posts a video completing a gold trophy run.....otherwise I doubt that I will waste my time trying again. It just wouldn't be worth it simply to pick up an extra 2,000 points if I have no proof that it is even possible.

Since October 8th they changed the AI and agression of the opponents to the worst ever. And the challenges are getting very frustrating compared to how it was before October 8th. These Bugbear wannabes try to fool the paying customer again?
Many of us (me included) lost their whole records and fame points if you had Level 100 and around 400.000 fame point by the end of August.
They are not able to produce a clean stable product, many issues with the camera flickering in race-mode and garage as well. The list of the technical problem with these guys is almost endless. Also: why do they fake good sense for music in their promotion videos when you have that annoying shit in the menu. 2 techno-tracks that are the worst ever, but can't deselected seperately, the rest of the soundtrack is also not that good, maybe 2 tracks are worth listening. With the memory-problem I see it as they didn't realize that Level 100 is not the end of the latter (like Y2K-problem with Windows..., a disgrace) but now with the setting of the AI in the Tournament it is on purpose. Didn't they talk about adjusting down the agression of the opponents, so why increase it in the Tournament. The Tournament is the only reason everybody still plays this game. We all stopped playing this game before the Tournament, just downloaded the DLCs we had with the Season Pass and drive around a little bit with the new cars. But nothing more - and everybody I know (real people, not digital whatevers) did it that way because the game wasn't what they promised. Maybe it was a mistake to buy the second season pass. If these guys will not change the agression of the Ai back to what was enjoyable I'm pretty sure many people will stop playing that game again. On thing is for sure: Bugbear seems to be a company you can not trust, trying to fool the paying customers never was a good idea.
Before October 8th, I was able to get a gold trophy on each one I attempted. I will have to admit that I had to settle for a silver yesterday and may have to settle for a bronze on this one. I suppose that it is a good thing that I have only been doing these challenges for a couple of weeks. That fame point glitch probably would have caused me to stop playing period. Even though I am in no danger of getting 400,000 fame points, I will ask: Has the glitch been fixed? As for the music......I agree. To be honest, I just cut the music level down to zero. Right now the tournament is the only reason I am playing as well. If Bugbear continues to keep it as an option and makes all of the challenges possible to complete at gold trophy level, I am strongly considering the idea of purchasing some DLC as a thank you for having the tournaments. I obviously don't want them too easy but definitely not impossible (as this one appears to be).

Last edited:

DrWagner696

I totally agree! The game should be fun to play and not frustrating from the beginning. In the Tournament there are many problems that comes together: First "the cheaters" that ruin the chances for good rankings for all others, Bugbear works on it... I've seen it today, my ranking is now better in the weekly challenge. But in my opinion the reason we paly this game is to have fun and try to deliever a good racing-performance without been pushed around the whole time from the opponents with that rubberband-A.I. This rubberband-A.I. was the main point in every review about the game. Didn't they learn from that? And makes it worse than it was at the beginning? I had pre.ordered the game for PS4 because of the Ripper V8, so I know the behaviour of the opponents from day 1. Also because I lost all my career-data I played the championships twice... I know the difference from now to then. the championship is much more fair compared to the Tournament, at least it seemed so some weeks ago. I hope they will change it to an enjoyable level again. As I stated before: we don't have to play this game if it is not satisfying. Too bad I bought the second season pass, should have been waited how it turns out. But at the time the second season pass was released the game and "fairness-level" of the game was OK.

KGKaiju

Mentioning that the challenges are too difficult doesn't seem to be generating any interest by the Bugbear team at all. I feel as though I am talking into a void. Does anyone from Bugbear even care about these issues? On the heels of my last post, we get Bugzilla on the Hillstreet Circuit? Really? Is my post being ignored or is Bugbear just trying to prove that they don't care about my opinion by doubling down? How is it a good idea to put an unwieldy, unstable vehicle against an "improved" AI on a track with sharp turns? This is just a recipe for frustration. I had originally intended to purchase the Bugzilla vehicle but, due to the numerous attempts to operate this vehicle in the challenges, I have found that this vehicle is too difficult to use. Rather than subject myself to hours of needless frustration, I have elected to skip making a purchase. My advice is this: Don't put a DLC vehicle in frustratingly difficult challenges. It doesn't show the vehicle in a good light and tends to deter one from making a purchase. Making players of this game work harder to achieve the same number of points in these tournament challenges is a bad idea and doesn't increase the replay value of the game. In fact, just the opposite is true in my case. I only have a limited amount of time to play this game each day and the increased difficulty means that I either cannot complete some of the challenges due to time constraints or cannot get the gold trophy due to the difficulty level. I am not asking Bugbear to hand me the gold but I do believe that it should be attainable. What is the point of even having the gold if it can't be acquired? Did Bugbear even consider the fact that the challenge mentioned in the initial post required the player to wreck a vehicle every 6 seconds to get the gold? 3 minutes is too short to complete these demolition challenges. If you aren't going to put the AI back to where it was earlier, can we at least get a longer time limit on the demolition challenges and an effort on your part to avoid stacking the deck against supporters of this game (ex. no unstable vehicles on tracks with 90 degree turns)? Until this situation is addressed, I believe that I will hold off playing this game.

BattleXer

Two men go in. Only one comes out!
Full time wrecker
I dunno. I'm finding the daily challenges a little easy to be honest, especially the "Finish as high as you can" races.
I do agree that this particular challenge combining BugZilla and Thunderbowl was challenging, but far from impossible.
Getting a gold medal for every half baked attempt would be even worse.

I too would like to see a little more variety in the way these challenges are structured. There were a few good ideas in season one, destroying lawnmowers with the bus, for example, although that was frustrating as well, because the little buggers would get stuck under it. Something like that with other vehicles would be nice.
Or some more long format races, elimination or other, new ideas.

KGKaiju

I dunno. I'm finding the daily challenges a little easy to be honest, especially the "Finish as high as you can" races.
I do agree that this particular challenge combining BugZilla and Thunderbowl was challenging, but far from impossible.
Getting a gold medal for every half baked attempt would be even worse.

I too would like to see a little more variety in the way these challenges are structured. There were a few good ideas in season one, destroying lawnmowers with the bus, for example, although that was frustrating as well, because the little buggers would get stuck under it. Something like that with other vehicles would be nice.
Or some more long format races, elimination or other, new ideas.
The daily challenges are too easy??? Please don't hesitate to post videos on YouTube showing how you got a gold on all these challenges....especially Bugzilla @ Thunderbowl. Anyone that can manage to get 1 kill every 6 seconds would definitely have my respect. I would also like to see a gold trophy run for Bugzilla on the Hillstreet Circuit. Hey....if I just suck at it, I want to see what I am doing wrong.

The challenges don't have to be easy. Like I stated in the previous post, I don't want Bugbear to just dole gold trophies out. However, I do have a job and it isn't gaming at home. LOL I really don't have hours to spend in the pursuit of gold trophies. You have to practically be perfect to complete a gold medal run on some of these challenges. A "half-baked" attempt on my part wouldn't even get me a trophy in some cases. Not all challenges are ridiculously difficult but there are some that sure seem that way especially when one considers how predatory the AI is. The purpose of the game is to provide a challenge but still be fun. Having to keep restarting the same challenge over and over is just repetitious.

I wouldn't mind long format races....if they are on the weekends. As for elimination races......That would be an excellent idea. Perhaps they could also have special tracks made specifically for some challenges that could be purchased via DLC.

DrWagner696

Mentioning that the challenges are too difficult doesn't seem to be generating any interest by the Bugbear team at all. I feel as though I am talking into a void. Does anyone from Bugbear even care about these issues? On the heels of my last post, we get Bugzilla on the Hillstreet Circuit? Really? Is my post being ignored or is Bugbear just trying to prove that they don't care about my opinion by doubling down? How is it a good idea to put an unwieldy, unstable vehicle against an "improved" AI on a track with sharp turns? This is just a recipe for frustration. I had originally intended to purchase the Bugzilla vehicle but, due to the numerous attempts to operate this vehicle in the challenges, I have found that this vehicle is too difficult to use. Rather than subject myself to hours of needless frustration, I have elected to skip making a purchase. My advice is this: Don't put a DLC vehicle in frustratingly difficult challenges. It doesn't show the vehicle in a good light and tends to deter one from making a purchase. Making players of this game work harder to achieve the same number of points in these tournament challenges is a bad idea and doesn't increase the replay value of the game. In fact, just the opposite is true in my case. I only have a limited amount of time to play this game each day and the increased difficulty means that I either cannot complete some of the challenges due to time constraints or cannot get the gold trophy due to the difficulty level. I am not asking Bugbear to hand me the gold but I do believe that it should be attainable. What is the point of even having the gold if it can't be acquired? Did Bugbear even consider the fact that the challenge mentioned in the initial post required the player to wreck a vehicle every 6 seconds to get the gold? 3 minutes is too short to complete these demolition challenges. If you aren't going to put the AI back to where it was earlier, can we at least get a longer time limit on the demolition challenges and an effort on your part to avoid stacking the deck against supporters of this game (ex. no unstable vehicles on tracks with 90 degree turns)? Until this situation is addressed, I believe that I will hold off playing this game.
It seems that Bugbear doesn't care at all, just fooling the paying customers. Our only answer is to never buy anything Bugbear releases in the future again.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Bugzilla on the Hillstreet Circuit took about 15 tries to get Gold. Got get a good first lap in where you not to far behind the AI leaders. If the AI pit you first lap, I restart the race.

FastFellow23

FastFellow23

100% Agreed, it will b a cold day in hell b4 i buy another anything with the Bugbear name on it, as those greedy fuckers all they want is our $... No support at all, if you do manage to contact someone all they will say sorry nothing we 'can' (which should b 'want to') do ! Gaming companies like this shoud go bankrupt and never make another game ever

FastFellow23

Jesus, look like not everyone can handle the qarantine
I've bn fortunate enough to b an essential worker, and not have to worry about qarantine... And that has nothing to do with a company standing behind a product they market.. Spent hard earned money on the preorder and season pass as well as 2 other purchases for friends so we could race online, which i can no longer do...thats what this is about...so please keep your responses on topic...OK,