Dedicated server not even showing up in LAN

NixGut

Hello,

I'm going crazy with this Wreckfest dedicated server. I have already set up a few servers (under Linux), but I'm not getting anywhere here:

There was an offer at Humblebundle for Wreckfest, a friend and I bought the game and already played a bit online. Since there are more often players who drive the buses in the opposite direction, we want to use our own server.I still had an older laptop, installed Windows 10, Steam and Wreckfest there. I changed the initial_server_config.cfg a little bit (name, number of players, etc.) I didn't change the network settings. Result: The server is neither online (port forwarding in the router are set) nor visible in the LAN. Uninstalled Steam and Wreckfest and installed the dedicated server with SteamCMD. The requests of the Windows Firewall always accepted. Same result, the server is not even visible in LAN. I turned off the firewall on the server and client:No server visible on the LAN. The LAN is only a subnet, between the devices only a stupid switch, I can ping the other from both computers. Nevertheless no server is found in the LAN?

....what am I doing wrong? Have I forgotten something? Do I have to adjust or install anything else?

I hope for your help, I despair slowly :(

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
You see Stig post over at Steam forum?

The Stig;4111168970112705058 said:
# Setup server for local area network play only
# 0 = use Steam, 1 = without Steam
lan=0

# Set server ports
# Only used when lan=0
# Server is visible in LAN search only for query ports 27015-27020 and 26900-26905
steam_port=27015
game_port=33540
query_port=27016

NixGut

Hi Purple44,

yes, I have read the comments in the default configuration file. But with the standard query port 27016 the requirement should be fulfilled, right?

By the way, I tried it with the dedicated server on the same machine that runs my game. Here the created server appears with the same settings in the LAN search. But I want to run the server on an extra machine, otherwise I could create the server ingame.

Here my settings in the config file (i cut out most of the comments):

server_name=Einhornland
welcome_message=Welcome
password=
max_players=16

lan=0

# Set server ports
# Only used when lan=0
# Server is visible in LAN search only for query ports 27015-27020 and 26900-26905
steam_port=27015
game_port=33540
query_port=27016

exclude_from_quickplay=0

clear_users=0

owner_disabled=1

admin_control=0

lobby_countdown=90

ready_players_required=50

enable_track_vote=1

track=bigstadium_demolition_arena

gamemode=derby

bots=4

ai_difficulty=amateur

num_teams=2

laps=3

time_limit=20

elimination_interval=0

vehicle_damage=normal

car_class_restriction=a

car_restriction=

special_vehicles_disabled=1

car_reset_disabled=0

car_reset_delay=2

wrong_way_limiter_disabled=0

weather=

frequency=high

log=e:\wreckfestlogs\log.txt

NixGut

I give up: I started the dedicated server on the PC where I play. I see the server on the LAN, but not on the Internet, despite port forwarding.

It's not the first server I set up and it's not my first port forwarding, but I haven't experienced such problems.

Either more information about settings is missing or the program sucks.

NixGut

Has there been a patch for the dedicated server recently that is causing problems? I can't explain it anymore.