Derbies in GTAIV

conso1727

From Italy
Full time wrecker
Greetings,
Have you ever made a demolition derby in GTA IV? It would be fun to do it one day, togheter with the Bugbear gyus, of course.

Tonza

Team Bugbear Member
LoL, it's impossible to do a fair demolition derby in GTA IV because the multiplayer is laggy as hell! For example, you are driving towards your friend. For you, it shows like you crashed to him, and made damage to his car. But for him, it shows like you did not hit him and he did not take the damage, but YOU will still take that damage when you crashed to him. So after a match, it's possible that when your car is wrecked, your friends car doesn't even have scratch on it.
Btw, GTA IV is not a demolition derby game :p

conso1727

From Italy
Full time wrecker
I never had serious lag issues, probably because I was playing with people of my own country.

NeatNit

Full time wrecker
Tontsa said:
LoL, it's impossible to do a fair demolition derby in GTA IV because the multiplayer is laggy as hell! For example, you are driving towards your friend. For you, it shows like you crashed to him, and made damage to his car. But for him, it shows like you did not hit him and he did not take the damage, but YOU will still take that damage when you crashed to him. So after a match, it's possible that when your car is wrecked, your friends car doesn't even have scratch on it.
Btw, GTA IV is not a demolition derby game :p
I just had this exact issue in a game of FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage. This is the first and hopefully only time this has happened... Both our internet connections have been wonky today (for unrelated reasons) so I think it's that. It made the match interesting though!