February Update released

Janne Suur-Näkki

Administrator
Staff member
WF_February_update_SOCIALMEDIA.png

HIGHLIGHTS
  • Two new tracks: Thunderbowl & Tribend Speedway

We're pleased to announce the availability of a new content update!

It's been a long time since new demolition derby tracks were added to the game, and we're happy to let you know that finally derby fanatics get some love too: this content update introduces a thunderous new derby arena called Thunderbowl! This bowl-shaped arena sees the players starting higher up at either end, and making the dash of death to the middle section where total war rages. The shape and design of the arena provides fresh, electrifying gameplay experience, so even if you're not so hot about derbies in general make sure to give it a go!

And that's not all: we're also adding a race track called Tribend Speedway. It's a high-speed crash-fest that started its life in the twisted mind of the ever so industrious modder Theveryend (Tor Ole Lerbæk) and comes also with an alternate layout featuring ramps and additional obstacles, guaranteed to crank up destruction all the way to eleven.

We're also constantly working on improving the gameplay experience based on the feedback. PlayStation 4 users can finally use voice chat in multiplayer as well as enjoy reduced loading times. Also worth noting this time around is the adjustment to the launch logic at event start, bringing automatic, manual and manual clutch users to equal grounds. Please find below a summary of items fixed or improved upon in this release.

RELEASE NOTES (XB1/PS4)

Game version
  • Xbox: 1.3.0.1
  • PS4: 1.31
CONTENT
  • Added two new tracks: Thunderbowl and Tribend Speedway.
SYSTEM
  • (PS4) Added support for Voice Chat.
  • (PS4) Improved loading times by 15–25% depending on the case.
  • Game may no longer crash when selecting Raiden RS.
  • Parts of the vehicle no longer flicker when looking around in the cockpit view.
  • AI Players no longer get stuck after respawning.
USER INTERFACE
  • Fixed "Reset Effect" setting title and description being switched.
GAMEPLAY
  • Digital clutch release is now not as penalizing when shifting sloppily.
  • First gear is now engaged during the race countdown, eliminating the unnecessary gear change when using automatic transmission and making the launch equal between fully automatic, manual and manual with clutch shifting modes.
  • When using shifting modes with automatic clutch, all cars now use the faster shifter profiles in order to make cars more equal.
  • Exhaust backfire effect now works correctly when using upgrades from the Steel & Wheels pack.
  • Fixed Boomer RS torque curve (had an odd dip).
  • Fixed Venom suspension setups (were too soft).
  • Improved Hornet model, engine and suspension.
  • Raiden RS is now slightly weaker and maxes out slightly earlier performance-wise.
  • Increased Rebelrat maximum performance points to make it more competitive.
  • Improved Raiden RS mudflaps and a number of other panels.
  • Added an upgrade part to remove the Raiden RS front panel.
  • Fixed an issue when Raiden RS materials turned partially black when a specific exhaust part was installed.
  • Fixed Raiden RS misconfigured locked differential.
  • Fixed Raiden RS grille causing a fatal error when uninstalled.
  • Fixed Raiden RS lod model window pivot, causing the window to float above the car.
  • Fixed Vandal grille causing an error when uninstalled.
  • Fixed Vandal "Upright Side Headers" exhaust.
  • Fixed Vandal "Rallysport" tire upgrade.
  • Fixed Vandal "Hot Dog" prop name.
  • Vandal window glass now breaks correctly.
  • Vandal brake lights no longer break in tandem.
AUDIO
  • Fixed missing Venom engine audio.
  • Improved engine audio volume balancing across different cars.
  • Stationary vehicles no longer repeatedly trigger the contact sound effect.
  • Shifted audio emitter axis of AI vehicles to better match 3D sound location with visual positioning.

RELEASE NOTES (PC)

Note that PC users already received most of the improvements in the previous hotfix.

Game version
  • PC: 1.256814
CONTENT
  • Added two new tracks: Tribend and Thunderbowl.
SYSTEM
  • Fixed a crash during title launch when "Documents" folder is located on a network drive.
  • Parts of the vehicle no longer flicker when looking around in the cockpit view.
  • AI Players no longer get stuck after respawning.
GAMEPLAY
  • First gear is now engaged during the race countdown, eliminating the unnecessary gear change when using automatic transmission and making the launch equal between fully automatic, manual and manual with clutch shifting modes.
  • When using shifting modes with automatic clutch, all cars now use the faster shifter profiles in order to make cars more equal.
  • Exhaust backfire effect now works correctly when using upgrades from the Steel & Wheels pack.
  • Fixed Boomer RS torque curve (had an odd dip).
  • Fixed Venom suspension setups (were too soft).
  • Vandal brake lights no longer break in tandem.
  • Improved Hornet model, engine and suspension.
  • Raiden RS is now slightly weaker and maxes out slightly earlier performance-wise.
  • Vandal brake lights no longer break from hits to the side.
AUDIO
  • Shifted audio emitter axis of AI vehicles to better match 3D sound location with visual positioning.
Happy wrecking!

Last edited:

CMFT93

I'm assuming that we can expect a lot of the buffs and nerfs to various cars to make it to the PC version of the game as well, if positively received on the XB1/PS4 version? I mean, the only car performance tweak that made it over to the PC version as well, is the one for the Hornet and yet the Raiden RS is still out here, breaking the games multiplayer pretty much. It's a fairly urgent issue I'd say and players would've appreciated it, if said issue would've been resolved as quickly as this, yet you keep them waiting on PC still and that is really starting to hurt and split the playerbase, as people begin to think WF is becoming P2W now.

iamjohnconnor

I'm assuming that we can expect a lot of the buffs and nerfs to various cars to make it to the PC version of the game as well, if positively received on the XB1/PS4 version? I mean, the only car performance tweak that made it over to the PC version as well, is the one for the Hornet and yet the Raiden RS is still out here, breaking the games multiplayer pretty much. It's a fairly urgent issue I'd say and players would've appreciated it, if said issue would've been resolved as quickly as this, yet you keep them waiting on PC still and that is really starting to hurt and split the playerbase, as people begin to think WF is becoming P2W now.
The raiden nerf was released to PC also today. I purposely didn't set many top times with the raiden as I knew it would be nerfed like the dragslayer was and I didn't want a bunch of times I could never achieve again.

o T00L o

The audio is set alot better. As far as surround goes,I'll have to do some trials and tests, but as of now, this update boasted overall audio and seems to have scooted the engine sound from your car up just enough to seem more 3d. So far lap traffic and passing vehicles do seem to be in their proper place. I will need to do more studies to test this. I'm just glad the Audio is up to match all the other games I play so I dont have to give myself a heart attack when switching games. Thanks again for another good update Bugbear!✌❤❤❤

timmy76

Full time wrecker
Came across this humerus bug in a death match, first time its ever happened until the latest patch came out.
Happened twice in a row and when a normal banger race won the vote everything went back to normal

JackM.

while i like sound design in wreckfest, i think it still lacks of depth and diverse (sometimes it's too generic)

BeamNG did somewhat topnotch (just imagine different engine sounds depended on custom exhaust in wreckfest!)

They also using WWISE

Last edited:
Reactions: TH8

RAND0M7

Cool new tracks. Doing a great job Wreckfest. The new Thunderbowl track gives me an idea, you know those globes that people drive a motorbike around in? Imagine a gigantic one of those in Wreckfest (like Thenderbowl size) that would be epic. :D

torres-family2.jpg

And just make the bottom and top of the dome a big flat area for the cars to start. :)

Last edited:

TH8

The audio is set alot better. As far as surround goes,I'll have to do some trials and tests, but as of now, this update boasted overall audio and seems to have scooted the engine sound from your car up just enough to seem more 3d. So far lap traffic and passing vehicles do seem to be in their proper place. I will need to do more studies to test this. I'm just glad the Audio is up to match all the other games I play so I dont have to give myself a heart attack when switching games. Thanks again for another good update Bugbear!
Have to agree also....Audio is a lot better with the 3D imaging of traffic behind and beside, so great for me personally as I race Cockpit or Bonnet Cam most of the time...a step in the right direction, big thumbs up:)
...although my slight advantage using my Wheel and Pedals, with 'Manual & Clutch' settings while using H-Pattern shifting has gone as I used to be able to get a slight head start on the Grid when letting out the clutch and accelerating at the exact right moment...have tried a number of lobbies to confirm this:(...but, such is life and just means it will be more of a challenge and I will have to drive faster and better...lol....great work allround Bugbear.;)

Last edited:

TH8

while i like sound design in wreckfest, i think it still lacks of depth and diverse (sometimes it's too generic)

BeamNG did somewhat topnotch (just imagine different engine sounds depended on custom exhaust in wreckfest!)

They also using WWISE
I would have to agree with this,...and although Wreckfest's latest Audio updated is a step in the right direction it still needs some improving. Great videos, thanks for sharing....may have to fire up BeamNG as I have not played it for quite some time.

Konan

Staff member
Full time wrecker
how do i activate voice chat? i don't hear people .. i only see the icon they are talking about
Maybe you have them muted?
In the menu where all the players are (lobby),click on a player and there should be a "mute" option added in the little box you use to ban players...

timmy76

Full time wrecker
This was an issue before the patch but the game still crashes when leaving a multiplayer server on Xbox.

o T00L o

This was an issue before the patch but the game still crashes when leaving a multiplayer server on Xbox.
I found on Xbone X it helps to reinstall everything onto the internal HDD before transferring to an external SDD HDD. Don't know why, but I run 1 game load up with the new DLC from the internal and it loads super slow. Then shut it down, and copy it all over to the external SSHDD, Then it runs and loads really quick, except for Multiplayer server based games. You are at the mercy of where the server is region based, and everyone else's pings...lol. But try this if you have an External HDD.

timmy76

Full time wrecker
I feel that dragslayers should have their strength nerfed, they're way too strong considering its a drag car.
Plus they still handle way too good

Since the last patch we've found the lag spikes when people join or exit a servers. This happens on every model of Xbox.

Last edited: