Flatout Ultimate Carnage Videos!!

lastday4u

FlatoutUC can now happily RIP #Wreckfest
Team Bugbear Member
Hey guyz.
I thought it'd be a good idea to have somewhere to share your recent videos on this forum of this specific game.
So post your YouTube channels & videos for FO:UC here :)

My channel:

I've got quite a few recent FO:UC videos, and I'm uploading as I play IF I find full/decent lobbies!

Phate888

KEEP CALM, AND KICK ASS!
Awesome videos dude!! Watched them all. :) just wondered tho... What software and settings did you use for the quality recording??

M

Mopower

This is from when I used to use 0X nitrous. It was still fun, but it was much more balanced, not so much of knowing "Tricks" with nitrous, you actually had to drive well.

lastday4u

Team Bugbear Member
Phate888 said:
Awesome videos dude!! Watched them all. :) just wondered tho... What software and settings did you use for the quality recording??
I use fraps to records, standard all default settings, import it onto windows media player, most importantly extract as a HD video, you need to download some add-ons for that, takes a few hours or so to extract 3mins+ videos.

Phate888

KEEP CALM, AND KICK ASS!
Thanks for that info dude! :) I've been trying to get a good quality recording with other software, but with bad results.
I'll check out Fraps and have ago with the software. If i record some great race's and derby's (which is always a a sure thing when playing Flatout) now i know where to post them. :) Thx Again!

lastday4u

Team Bugbear Member
Phate888 said:
Thanks for that info dude! :) I've been trying to get a good quality recording with other software, but with bad results.
I'll check out Fraps and have ago with the software. If i record some great race's and derby's (which is always a a sure thing when playing Flatout) now i know where to post them. :) Thx Again!
Make sure you download the "Extract HD file" for Windows move maker. I'm not sure where I got it from, but if you ever need it, ask me I'll find it. Fraps records in HD btw and takes up alot of space on hard drive for video files.

John Burning

Create, destroy and dominate!
Team Bugbear Member
I'm making the FO wiki, so you can see lots of videos, not only of FOUC.

M

Mopower

lastday4u said:
And another :p

Lol, I had a really sloppy race there. And on the last lap face planted into a wall. Nice upload :) We raced together well for quite a while though!

lastday4u

Team Bugbear Member
Mopower said:
lastday4u said:

Lol, I had a really sloppy race there. And on the last lap face planted into a wall. Nice upload :) We raced together well for quite a while though!
YUP! Hopefully more nice races to come! :) NEed to empty my PC storage, running on the limit and Fraps files are 4gb+ per race!! So I won't be recording anytime soon again :/

M

Mopower

lastday4u said:
Mopower said:
lastday4u said:

YUP! Hopefully more nice races to come! :) NEed to empty my PC storage, running on the limit and Fraps files are 4gb+ per race!! So I won't be recording anytime soon again :/
I ran into that problem on my TB hard drive lol. Too much recording. I've since deleted many races and derbies.

lastday4u

Team Bugbear Member
Looking to record some free roaming... just can't find the right lobby lol

M

Mopower

lastday4u said:
I would be interested in that. I could tag along and we could find some cool stuff. I downloaded the freeroam file once from the FOJ forums, and I can do it again. Next time we're both on?

lastday4u

Team Bugbear Member
Mopower said:
lastday4u said:
I would be interested in that. I could tag along and we could find some cool stuff. I downloaded the freeroam file once from the FOJ forums, and I can do it again. Next time we're both on?
I haven't downloaded that mod, I was just thinking of finding some free roaming without the mod, like we did on Motor Raceway 1 :) But sure if you want.

M

Mopower

No, this isn't a video of FO:uc. But if you watch the hearse/station wagon/aerobus, you will notice the similarities between that and the Truck in Fo:UC. Mainly that it's a friggin tank.

M

Mopower

So, I have been thinking about making a tutorial video on how to derby using manual, or kpp transmission on FOUC. I want to do this because I would like to see more people using manual transmission. In my opinion using manual transmission adds a lot more style to driving. It also makes drifting very easy and makes reverse a more viable gear to use as you can control how fast you are going in reverse instead of having the rpm's pegged the entire time. Also, I believe that someone who is good with a manual transmission has an advantage over people who use automatic.

Would anyone be interested in this video? Or would it be a waste of time on my part?

M

Mopower

If anyone is interested, here is my instructional video on how to win derbies in flatout: UC. While most of the information is pretty basic and general, they are tips that will help you learn how to drive manual/kpp in derbies, and basics on how to make smart hits and moves.

Hope this helps some of you guys, enjoy :)