Gas Guzzlers Extreme

Majatek

Posts generated by this user derive from consensus
Full time wrecker
Master Blaster
Team Bugbear Member
I've been low on money, but I've also been keeping my eye on this game.

Bought it along with the DLC. Now all I have to do is wait for the 7th of June when my fibre optics will be FINALLY installed. Looking forward to playing this game! :))

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
We had a good night of deathmatches and racing. Most the time we had 6-8 players in the lobby. :)

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Was visiting family last weekend, so did not get to host.

But I will be back hosting again this Saturday, June 21. Come join us at 7:00pm pacific time, 10:00pm eastern time, 3:00am Sunday London time. :)

Zebulon55

ZeBBy
Master Blaster
I won't make it until after 10 p.m. pacific time. :'(
Got your server PC fixed?
Are you going to have DLC/purple team? ;)

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Zebulon55 said:
I won't make it until after 10 p.m. pacific time. :'(
Got your server PC fixed?
Are you going to have DLC/purple team? ;)
To"fix" second PC, I think I would have to uninstall Vista and do a fresh install to stop Vista from locking up some Saturdays when I host.

Maybe when next DLC get release, Full Metal Zombie and hope all you guys buy the bundle, then I can host with DLCs on Saturdays. Right now, I would hate for stock guys to not be able to join host, since we are still a small group.

Zebulon55

ZeBBy
Master Blaster
Reinstall windows? How 9xs. ;)

Create a new limited user just for hosting the server, and see if that helps the situation.

KazzyMac

Unce Unce Wub-wub-wub
Team Bugbear Member
I think the problem is that the computer is running Vista. :p

I jest, but it probably does need reinstalling.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
KazzyMac said:
I think the problem is that the computer is running Vista. :p

I jest, but it probably does need reinstalling.
I hate Vista for it unfriendly useability compared to Win XP. :mad: But gaming with Vista was pretty stable for 4 years as my main gaming computer. New gaming computer using Win 7. :)

I hosted for 5 hours last Saturday night, no problem. And I did not reboot computer before hosting. Computer been running since it lock up 2 Saturdays ago when hosting GGE. That Saturday, I had rebooted computer before starting dedicated severer software. :p

Next Saturday may be my last Saturday hosting GGE for awhile. Come July, I may start working the night shift ( 6:00pm-2:00pm ), 7 days a week through July ( cherry season ). Anybody want to take over hosting duties for July?

Zebulon55

ZeBBy
Master Blaster
Unfortunately, I don't have a second machine powerful enough to host at the moment. :'(
See you in August, I guess.

Did you continue racing with the new guy last saturday? You had a long night of it as it was - I left at 2 AM PST.
Midnite PST is late enough for some European dev types to skip church (ahem) to join us Sunday morning. (hint, hint) ;)
God says it's o.k. and hangovers are no excuse.

I often buy those Washington cherries. Rainier and Bing.
I have a Montmorency cherry tree in the back yard - it's loaded with future cherries.
We're one climate zone too far north for the bings.
Traverse city, Michigan is farther up nort', but they're warmer on the east shore of Lake Michigan.
http://www.cherryfestival.org/

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Zebulon55 said:
Unfortunately, I don't have a second machine powerful enough to host at the moment. :'(
See you in August, I guess.

Did you continue racing with the new guy last saturday? You had a long night of it as it was - I left at 2 AM PST.
Midnite PST is late enough for some European dev types to skip church (ahem) to join us Sunday morning. (hint, hint) ;)
God says it's o.k. and hangovers are no excuse.

I often buy those Washington cherries. Rainier and Bing.
I have a Montmorency cherry tree in the back yard - it's loaded with future cherries.
We're one climate zone too far north for the bings.
Traverse city, Michigan is farther up nort', but they're warmer on the east shore of Lake Michigan.
http://www.cherryfestival.org/
I talk with Hu1k for a bit, then I called it a night.

I will be sorting Rainer and Bing cherrys in July. We grow a lot of cherrys here in the Yakima valley, along with the hops and apples.

Zebulon55

ZeBBy
Master Blaster
I make homebrew and homemade fruit wine, so cherries and hops are some of my favorite things. ;D

I bought a hop rhizome and had the plant growing at the last place I lived. Should do it again in the spring. I'd have to build something for it to climb . . . .

We make a roadtrip to orchards along the upper Missisippi river every fall for the apples.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
I will host again this Saturday, Aug 23. Come join us at 7:00pm pacific time, 10:00pm eastern time, 3:00am Sunday London time.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Getting ready to host Gas Guzzlers Extreme. :)

Look for FOJ Purple44 host at bottom of host list.

Zebulon55

ZeBBy
Master Blaster
Developer Deda Stojko over at the steam community had this to say about the upcoming zombie DLC:
"we are pushing hard to finalize Zombie DLC, we had to do lots of new things to enable rag doll physics and other game-play elements for Zombies.
And yes, you will be able to run them over (at least smaller ones :) )."

Don't know if zombies drive, but they do have names, so maybe it'll have similarities to Flatout's ragdoll drivers and Carmageddon's peds. 8)

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Usmovers_02 said:
I bought it. Probably won't be playing MP but hoping this game will hold me over :p
Give MP try with me, Royce and maybe Zebulon55 if he make it on a Saturday night US time, before you say no on Mutiplayer. Could of used a 4th player last Saturday might.

We usually do teams against the AI bots, can learn the ropes and still help us beat the bots in number of kills. With my server, I do a mix of deathmatch, CTF and some racing in a 9 event tournament.

Number one rule with GGE, if got 3 enemy bots shooting at you, RUN!!! If try and fight, the 3 bots are going kill you ( you might get one of them ). But if 3 bots are busy shooting another player or bot, then you can get some easy kills when they not looking at you.

crazychris4124

Full time wrecker
Purple44 said:
Usmovers_02 said:
I bought it. Probably won't be playing MP but hoping this game will hold me over :p
Give MP try with me, Royce and maybe Zebulon55 if he make it on a Saturday night US time, before you say no on Mutiplayer. Could of used a 4th player last Saturday might.

We usually do teams against the AI bots, can learn the ropes and still help us beat the bots in number of kills. With my server, I do a mix of deathmatch, CTF and some racing in a 9 event tournament.

Number one rule with GGE, if got 3 enemy bots shooting at you, RUN!!! If try and fight, the 3 bots are going kill you ( you might get one of them ). But if 3 bots are busy shooting another player or bot, then you can get some easy kills when they not looking at you.
Whats your steam name? Ive had the game for a while but only have 3 hours into the game