GoKart Raceway Plus

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Was hoping to upload an update to the GoKart Raceway Plus mod today, but came up short on time. I have one last fix to do for the Sandpit 1 tracks:

I had no pink missing textures back in April's Saturday Night mods night. Seem with the new version of Sandpit 1 that came with final release version, some old textures got drop.

I use End's Very TrackPack to get a couple of the missing textures back and some missing trees from Tarmac 3 Gokart track.

But I will have compare the texture files in old Build to current Build of Wreckfest, to see what texture files got drop. Anybody have an idea what textures this might be that are missing?

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
No luck getting rid of pink textures. Tried using textures from April 2018, June 2017 and April 2017 and still get pink. Look like I will have to redo the Sandpit tracks for the 3rd time and use the final version of Sandpit 1 track map.

Now for some brighter news, started working on a new gokart track, Warehouse Depot Fig8. This track is inside of the warehouse from End's Freight Depot Warehouse.

In pic, I'm pushing gokarts closer to the wall so they can go over a speed bump. I got my objects place, now to do the aisectors.

The idea for this track come from the Parking Lot fig8 track me and Heddly did for Flatout 2 to race his gokart on. :)

Jump to 6:04 to see fig8 race with karts:

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
I uploaded an update to the GoKart Raceway Plus mod tonight. Now Sam got 2 new gokart tracks to test his gokart on this weekend. :D

Update: Aug 4 @ 12:50am

Change Notes:

1. Added 2 new GoKart tracks so Sam have some tracks to test his gokart on. :)

GoKart track 2 - Mixed 7

Gokart Warehouse Fig8 - Fig8 race inside End's Depot warehouse.

2. Added a new damage model I got from BeamZappa - Realistic Damage & Normal Health.

I tweaked it a little bit so the tires will fall off if get hit hard enough. May take a few hits or 1 really hard hit at the cross. Use realistic damage mode. Will give you better looking car damage, but car will last longer than stock realistic mode. :)

Bugs, Oval1 Long Fig8 track still unstable, hit or miss if you will finish race without crashing the game.

With release of final version of Wreckfest, I'm missing some textures for Sandpit 1, getting pink textures. Was unable to find the right missing textures. So will have to swap in the current version of Sandpit 1 and retweak things. maybe get this fix next week.

You could lose a front tire and a back tire in a fig8 race! :eek:

Zeb, where your tire go?

Mod/Setting For Infinte Health?

Purple44;1742216566127737396 said:
I got to play with your mod Zappa tonight and I like. Cars lasting longer so get see more car damage. Can now use realistic mode. :)

I assume you just did some tweaking of the damage_normal.dset and damage_real.dset files and you even have the folder, but it empty. You went about effecting car damage in a different way. :)

But I had to do one tweak to your mod, to make me happy. I'm a fan of having a tire fall off when you low on health, like the old Flatout 2 days. So I lower your numbers for the real tire file from 2 to,

Front 0.8

Back 0.7

Stock realistic mode uses a 0.5 for both front and back, making front tire fall off to soon.

Thanks Zappa for showing me how tweak the tires falling off. :)

The cross in derby fig8 a good place to lose a tire!!

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Tonight I got my old Tarmac 1 Bridge track working again. Had to get rid of the old Stuntfest arrow signs to get track to load with current version of Wreckfest. Now using End's arrow sign he made me. :)

Here video of old version of WIP Tarmac 1 Bridge track from 2017:

Will be hosting my GoKart Raceway Plus mod Dec 8, for the next Saturday Night Mods night online. :D No details posted yet.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Tarmac 3 Mixed track is back from the dead:

Give this thread a read for the story about what happen to the Tarmac 3 Mixed track:
Where the H*** did Tarmac 3 Mixed track go in June Build?

Purple44 said:
I got a new update for GoKart Raceway Plus uploaded today. Got all the tracks working again except the Tarmac 1 tracks and the Tarmac 3 mixed not fix-able.

Seem with final version of Wreckfest, Tarmac 3 Mixed track load again. :) Did a little tweaking and polishing and added a risky shortcut to track.

Here a track I been wanting to make race able for a long time now:

Back in March 2016, a few of us took the second track on Mixed 2 for a spin: ( jump to 7:50 )

Bugbear has turn this second track into a dirt track like real life Valkenswaard track, in current version of Wreckfest:

This track would give us a long track to race Sam GoKart on. :D

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
There are some "imperfections" on Mixed 2 gokart track:

So I did what I could do to cover them up:

Also put some cliffs at far end of track, to keep the cars on the track. There about a 3 foot dropoff if get off the track. :eek:

Looks awesome, must be about time to get a go-kart working ingame with the lawnmower ragdoll physics 8)

EDIT: Just noticed Sams Komp Kart!

sam223

Weeked Smasher
Sc0ttyDo3sntKn0w said:
Looks awesome, must be about time to get a go-kart working ingame with the lawnmower ragdoll physics 8)

EDIT: Just noticed Sams Komp Kart!
Good to see you back,get them NZ formulas finished :)

Heddly

FOJ Supporter/Modder
Team Bugbear Member
I found post 148 but there is no post 149? Is it a typo?

Thanks for the tracks Purple, I really want to try the new version, can I just update or is it automatic update?

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
For me, it post #149. I have forum show last post first. Maybe that make a difference?

Zebulon55

ZeBBy
Master Blaster
Heddly said:
I found post 148 but there is no post 149? Is it a typo?

Thanks for the tracks Purple, I really want to try the new version, can I just update or is it automatic update?
I also show the last post as 148.
First post doesn't get a number, first reply is #1.
Maybe since purp has his view set to most recent on top, the first post got numbered 1 at the bottom.

I tried purp's way, but went back to the default order. Seems nore natural for me.

Heddly

FOJ Supporter/Modder
Team Bugbear Member
I switched to "most Recent" post, never noticed the option before, thanks :)

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Got the aisectors done for the new gokart track:

Now to place a bunch of checkpoints. When I was placing objects, I put some rocks and trees to mark the ends of checkpoints:

I place an aisector wall where I want the checkpoints to be. Placing my checkpoint rocks and trees before doing the aisectors, I'm able to get the aisectors walls in the right spot for the checkpoints to jump too.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Here video of my newest gokart track:

I updated the GoKart Raceway Plus mod today. Here the change notes:

1. Fix the Tarmac 1 Bridge track to work with current version of Wreckfest.

2. Got Tarmac 3 Mixed track to load again.

3. Added new GoKart Raceway 3 track - Mixed 2

4. Added new versions of Daystar weather maps. :)

Heddly

FOJ Supporter/Modder
Team Bugbear Member
Nice work Purple, gonna practice on tight corners, looking good. :)

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
This week, I started working on an old track idea I had back in June 2017, here: Purple44 custom track WIP page.

First I had to find a track that has a hill that a car could jump to. Did some searching in End's Very TrackPack and found a great offroad map I could use. Bridge to Nowhere. :) Thanks End! :)

Here a pic of the first Alt route part of this track:

You got your choices, can stick to the main green route and go around the hill. Or if gate is open, can take path #1 and take the ramp and jump over the hill and land car on the second hill. Don't land short! Or take path #2 if the gates open up ( about every 30 seconds for just a little bit ). Thanks End for the custom moving gates you whiped up for me. :)

Here pic of second area to get through:

The rock garden is back, remember Cops and Robbers map with rock garden? Got to make your way through the garden and get pass them 3 moving helicopters. ;)

I got a couple more ideas for alt routes. One will be using End's moving loader, that I use on the Extreme Fig8 track.

Also the Bridge to Nowhere is a great offroad map. Hit a bump wrong, get a bad landing coming off a cliff, risk rolling your car!!