GoKart Raceway

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member

GoKart Raceway is ready to go over at Steam Workshop. The Lawnmovers and The Mini Euro have found a new home. Even the big cars can race on this track. :eek:

This my first custom track for Wreckfest. The GoKart Raceway uses the track drawn on the Tarmac 3 track map. I could not of done track without the help of the Wreckfest community here in the Forum. Thanks for all the helps guys!! :D :D

Thanks go out to:

Zebulon55 for the Ad signs.

Mazay for his custom ramp and the ai route visualizer!

The Very End for some general help on how do things like menus and trackside cams.

Bugbear Dev Andrei Räisänen for explaining how AI sectors and checkpoints work in Wreckfest!

Give this thread a read to see how GoKart track came about: Purple44 custom track WIP page.

Beware of them rocks, they mark the inside of the checkpoint gates. Cheat the rocks, your lap not going to count!

There is a couple strange issues with the GoKart track:

Purple44 said:
I have ran into a couple issues with the Gokart track.

1. There a part of the track that causes the AI to hit their brakes. At first I thought it was the AI sectors causing the AI to use the brake.

You can see the cars braking hard enough to trigger some smoke and leaving tire marks on the track.

2. Now here strange one and again it don't effect the lawnmower. At start of race, the car that end up starting at startpoint #23 in the back row, looses all 4 tires!! :eek: This happen every race if I have 23 AI. It happens to my car too if I'm unlucky and start there. If you or the AI reset your car, you get your tires put back on.

Edit:
The GoKart Raceway mod has been fixed and expanded. Go here for the details and new Steam Workshop link: GoKart Raceway Plus

Last edited:

RickyBobby

Nice! really nice for lawnmower and euro 1.

little bug report:

added it via steam workshop and noticed, that it messes with my Big 8 RampTrack and the original small Figure 8 - I think it replaces the stock file for prop_derby_ramp1 with the ramp mazay made. If you could rename the ramp with a different name than the stock file, that would be nice :)

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
RickyBøbby said:
Nice! really nice for lawnmower and euro 1.

little bug report:

added it via steam workshop and noticed, that it messes with my Big 8 RampTrack and the original small Figure 8 - I think it replaces the stock file for prop_derby_ramp1 with the ramp mazay made. If you could rename the ramp with a different name than the stock file, that would be nice :)

Ah, thanks for pointing that out Ricky and for the easy fix. I saw this happen a few times in my testing if mod did not see my custom ramps, I got the big derby figure 8 ramp. :eek:

I got some other things to fix\tweak, hope to have new update out before the weekend.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
RickyBøbby said:
OK - I already did it for myself - renamed the ramp to prop_derby_ramp1_purple.scne and linked it in the gokart_raceway.scne file.
Here are the 2 files - you could just use those if you like. (either delete prop_derby_ramp1.scne in your mod folder and replace with the one in .rar file or just rename it like I did)

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=10882300346084940606

less work for you :)
Thanks for the fix Ricky. :D

Will be in the next update of GoKart Raceway.

Vroberts123

Vinpetrol
Hey purp it's vinny
I finally joined up!
Great work I'm downloading this tonight! :)
I already used up the name vinpetrol and v8nny messing up the email addresses lol
This name will do now and avatar will follow.

Thanks again for the hardwork and advice.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Vroberts123 said:
Hey purp it's vinny
I finally joined up!
Great work I'm downloading this tonight! :)
I already used up the name vinpetrol and v8nny messing up the email addresses lol
This name will do now and avatar will follow.

Thanks again for the hardwork and advice.

Good to see you here Vin and great job of skinning you been doing. :D

You should start your own skinny thread here in the Mod Share section Vin. :)

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member

There was tragedy at the GoKart Raceway Wednesday night! In the main 44 lap event, at lap 13, there was a shrunk out on turn #2 that cause major havoc on the track as the drivers tried to avoid hitting the shrunk, but ended up tipping over their mowers.

Captain Crunch got some major air and landed hard and broke his big right toe and was out of the race for the rest of the night! In all the commotion, nobody notice what had happen to the shrunk. Had the shrunk become road pizza?

New update out for the GoKart track:

Change Notes:

* New loading screen form SonicUnleashedXY. Thanks

* Retweak the AI some more so they quit taking turns #7 and #8 so wide and still have lap count.

* RickyBobby fix the Gokart custom ramp from over writing the stock ramp in the derby Figure 8 track.

* Added a couple of rocks. ;)

Going to host the GoKart Raceway track tonight after Showli's Wreckfest Team Challenge event is over. The Wreckfest Team Challenge start at 9:30 eastern. So around 10:30 maybe I put up a host. Come race the Wreckfest Team Challenge and you won't miss the start of the GoKart racing. I need some online video to post at my Steam workshop page. :)

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
A lot of the guys from the Wreckfest Team Challenge stayed around afterwards. :D Here some video of the racing we got in:

And here Facial_Burns better video of the battle for 1st in the last race in my video:

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
I got the reverse GoKart Raceway uploaded today.

Change Notes:

* Reverse GoKart Track added

* Redid alternative route for reverse track

* Can you find secret way into alternative route without using a jump ramp?
( some cars to big ;) )

Big thanks go out to Zeb for taking the time to reverse the ai route sectors and checkpoints before I got started on tweaking the AI racelines. :)

Spent many, many hours trying to tweak the AI raceline to get the AI to take some the turns better. I found Class A AI drivers are lead-footed coming out of some turns and ended up spinning their car out! Was unable to tweak this out of the AI. But can drop down to a C class car to get AI to drive slower cars, that are less likely to spin out.

But AI are still good at Lawnmower racing. :)

Will post a video later.

About the alternative route, in the forward version of the GoKart Raceway, the alternative route was not a faster way to go, just you got the opportunity to land your car on top of somebody else's car, maybe even the leader of the race.

In the reverse GoKart Raceway, the alternative route "can be" a faster way around the track. but it can be risky to take. Might come up short on the jump and hit a log pile, might have a bad landing. :eek: But say you are in 2nd place on the last lap, would it be worth taking a risk and if nail the landing, could catch up with 1st place leader and maybe pass him??

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
I finish the GoKart Raceway reverse video today. Has some offline action and some online action. Thanks Qmazy, Heddly, Ratty and Facial_Burns ( and the dedicated server :) ), for the races. :D

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Heddly said:
Great track Purple, now we need the right vehicles. ;)
Ya mean like what you see at the Parking Lot Figure 8 track in this video at 3:55? ;)

Heddly

FOJ Supporter/Modder
Team Bugbear Member
Been working on it but Blender doesn't like the Zmod2 .OBJ export. I can get the RoadKing into Blender.

I will have to start a new topic with more info and try to get some help with this.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
A new update to the GoKart Raceway track:

Change Notes:

* Added 15 new weather maps done by Daystar.

Put weather on Random and see what you get. :)

Link to Daystar's Mega Skypack: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=702022727

Purple44 said:
First, a BIG thanks Daystar for this weather pack you did! :D

With the variety of weather maps in the pack, everybody should find at least one map they like. I found more than 1. :D

So I spend a good half a day testing the weather maps on the GoKart Raceway track. Some weather maps did not work well with the GoKart Raceway track if the sun was in the wrong spot and cast long, dark shadows over the track. But most weather maps work fine. :)

Here a video of a few weather maps in action:

And some pics:

I whittle the 50 weather maps down to 15 I like the most and added them to the GoKart Raceway mod. Thanks Daystar for letting me use the the weather maps in my mod. :D

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Updated the GoKart Raceway mod today:

Change Notes:

* This update add a little surprise to the forward and reverse versions of the GoKart Raceway tracks. :p

* Also tweaked the raceline at the chicane on forward version.
( thanks to The Very End :D )

I'm not telling, you going have give the mod a spin to see what has change. ;)