GRID 2

Purple44

Well-Known Member
Team Bugbear Member
Here something you guys should know about GRID 2:

Question for Codemasters

AdApt wrote:

Posted by Ryt0:

It is region limited because of Steam. When my Download Region in Steam was set to Singapore I wasn't able to find any sessions. I switched the download location to UK - London and searched again through the Custom Online Event dialog and found 15 sessions up and running.

Start up Steam goto View>Settings>Downloads and change the download region to UK-London.

This works :smileyhappy:


Edit:

I can't find any server on multiplayer, even if I create a lobby, nobody enters.

isamu99 wrote:

I am from the US and will be changing my region from the US to the UK as well, and see if I find mroe lobbies! In fact, I suggest EVERYONE go do this so we can all be in the same region(Europe)!
 

psychicparrot

Always look both ways before crossing the street.
Codemasters have failed at QA on GRID2 to a frightening degree - there are hoards of people who can't even play the game because of a progression blocker. I can't even get past the first season because the game breaks and won't progress.

The buggy save game system isn't working right and there are also hoards of other people who have had their saved games reset randomly. Codemasters have stopped replying to queries about it - they said a patch was on the way but that was 3 weeks ago and still no ETA.

If you're thinking about buying it, wait a few versions for Codemasters to actually make the game work properly... or wait until the price comes down / it goes on sale before taking the risk.
 

Usmovers_02

Active Member
Full time wrecker
This is sounding EXACTLY like what happened with Ubisoft and Far Cry 3. An established developer turns out a broken as heck sequel to a major franchise because they just do... not... care about the fans that got them there. I hope you're watching these train wrecks Bugbear. You guys have too much talent to not hit it big with one of your franchises one day. Remember the fans that got you there! I've seen too many fan favorite developers get derailed once they get a few really big successes.
 

Purple44

Well-Known Member
Team Bugbear Member
Usmovers_02 said:
This is sounding EXACTLY like what happened with Ubisoft and Far Cry 3. An established developer turns out a broken as heck sequel to a major franchise because they just do... not... care about the fans that got them there. I hope you're watching these train wrecks Bugbear. You guys have too much talent to not hit it big with one of your franchises one day. Remember the fans that got you there! I've seen too many fan favorite developers get derailed once they get a few really big successes.
How does Codemasters get the online multiplayer pretty much right in GRID 1 after v1.2 patch ( except for the kick vote ) and screws up the the online mulitplayer so bad in GRID 2!! :eek:

It going to take a pretty big patch to save GRID 2 online and time is running out to save GRID 2 online. And no word from Codemasters if they will try and put back the key online features missing in GRID 2 that were in GRID 1.

Now if your just an offline arcade type racer, you may like the new direction Codemasters took GRID 2.

*********************************************************

Checkout Apexhead latest humorous GRID video. Be sure to also checkout some his previous GRID 1 videos, like "Tales from the GRID - Ep. 3" video of a derby race. :)

GRID 2 Gameplay with *expletive* Commentary - Tales from the Grid

Apexhead wrote:

My GRID series has finally transitioned to GRID 2!

NOTE: This is a segway video, hence the video begins with GRID 1 gameplay. GRID 2 race starts almost half way in.


All episodes found here:



Episode 11

"Back in the WSR" - After a life-altering accident, Jack is forced into rehab and retirement. After years of lamenting bygone days, Jack eventually gets back into club racing until he is approached by Patrick Callahan with an offer he can't refuse. Does Jack still have what it takes?
 
Last edited:

psychicparrot

Always look both ways before crossing the street.
Just a quick note.. Codemasters finally fixed the save game problems and put a patch out today for it. So far, it seems to be working right. Just remind me never to pre-order any game ever again :)
 
M

Mopower

Guest
psychicparrot said:
Just a quick note.. Codemasters finally fixed the save game problems and put a patch out today for it. So far, it seems to be working right. Just remind me never to pre-order any game ever again :)
except bugbear's new game of course :p
 

psychicparrot

Always look both ways before crossing the street.
except bugbear's new game of course
Oh yes, good point! They make better racing games than Codemasters - Bugbear are the only company I would pre-order from now :)

(I know that a lot of people would say BB had similar launch QA trouble with RR:U and that there were wobblies with the multiplayer on day 1, but that didn't really bother me much because I was too busy getting on with single player.. at least I was able to enjoy the whole of single player RR:U without my save game going funny like it did with GRID2!)

As for GRID2, now I can actually play it I'm quite enjoying it. Can't say it's amazing (the graphics are amazing, at least) but it's not bad. I think the handling feedback system works really well in certain races (particularly races with uneven ground I'm finding) but you hardly notice it on the flatter tracks.

The game is solid and fun, but it doesn't exactly feel very inspiring - it's very clinical, isn't it? Especially since voiceover man tends to repeat the same lines a lot. I'm tired of his stupid voice already and I'm only in the 3rd season.. hearing the same things repeated over and over just reminds me that it's a game - it ruins any 'getting into the zone' I might get along the way.
 

ratchet

Member
Team Bugbear Member
psychicparrot said:
Especially since voiceover man tends to repeat the same lines a lot. I'm tired of his stupid voice already and I'm only in the 3rd season.. hearing the same things repeated over and over just reminds me that it's a game - it ruins any 'getting into the zone' I might get along the way.
You can disable speech in the audio options.
 

psychicparrot

Always look both ways before crossing the street.
You can disable speech in the audio options.
True. And I will probably need to, to retain what little sanity I have left ;)

I'd expect something with a budget like GRID2 to have a few extra things for the dude to say to keep it interesting, though. It's just cheap to only have such a limited number.

Still, it's an O.K. racer. Not bad, not great, but passes the time as I wait for NCG :)
 

ratchet

Member
Team Bugbear Member
At least the voiceover guy in this game doesn't tell you to upload the replay of your last race to YouTube like in Dirt 3 ;D
 

RacerBest

Active Member
Team Bugbear Member

GRID 2 Super Modified car pack.

Nice cars but it will be probably expensive pack and no new races. :(
 

ratchet

Member
Team Bugbear Member
RacerBest said:

GRID 2 Super Modified car pack.

Nice cars but it will be probably expensive pack and no new races. :(
I really want that R32, its way better looking than the R34 we have in the game already. But I won't play 5,99€ or whatever it will cost to get one car that I want and three cars that I don't really care for.
 

RacerBest

Active Member
Team Bugbear Member
Honda Civic is free for PS3 and Xbox 360 players. :) It's pretty good car, but still worst car of the pack.

Edit: Ok I think it's for PC too. ;)
 

Purple44

Well-Known Member
Team Bugbear Member
RacerBest said:
Honda Civic is free for PS3 and Xbox 360 players. :) It's pretty good car, but still worst car of the pack.

Edit: Ok I think it's for PC too. ;)
Free in like you can just download the Honda Civic and not buy the Super Modified car pack?
 

RacerBest

Active Member
Team Bugbear Member
Purple44 said:
RacerBest said:
Honda Civic is free for PS3 and Xbox 360 players. :) It's pretty good car, but still worst car of the pack.

Edit: Ok I think it's for PC too. ;)
Free in like you can just download the Honda Civic and not buy the Super Modified car pack?
Yep. :) Also when you have downloaded the car, it's in your online garage and you don't have to buy it with your game money.
 

Purple44

Well-Known Member
Team Bugbear Member
Here a possible fix if you lose your savegame for GRID 2:

Save data corrupt


ProblemSolved wrote:

Hey,


HERE IS THE SOLUTION:


- in your steam library, right click on "grid 2" and select "properties".

- choose the tab "local files" and select "verify integrity of game cache"


steam then checks your grid 2 files, this may take a few minute. Afterwards, it downloads the last savegame that was synched to steam. For me this was a 13MB download, then my grid savegame was restored.


Hope this helps someone; I almost had a heart attack when I started grid a few minutes ago.


Cya
 

psychicparrot

Always look both ways before crossing the street.
ratchet said:
At least the voiceover guy in this game doesn't tell you to upload the replay of your last race to YouTube like in Dirt 3 ;D
SO TRUE! Yes. That was really annoying. I gave up on Dirt3 fairly quickly because all the transitions, voiceovers and heavy selling was just too much. Dirt2 was just as good and had a lot less guff in it!

I've now turned off the voiceover in this game, too - it's much better without him saying the same things every single race.

Thanks for posting that fix Purple44 - I haven't needed it yet, but since I keep getting the same achievement every time I start the game, I feel like it's only a matter of time something else breaks like that!
 

Usmovers_02

Active Member
Full time wrecker
They so over did the Dirt franchise. I never liked 1 because I was a fan of GRID and still hadn't given up on a new TOCA so I didn't like that they were working on a new franchise. 2 is pretty fun but still has too much attitude. 3 is technically better in almost every way but my god does the attitude and atmosphere suck.
 

RacerBest

Active Member
Team Bugbear Member

Drift car pack. Team Orange Evo X is free.

I am disappointed that they don't have AE86 in it.
 

Usmovers_02

Active Member
Full time wrecker
They really felt that the game needed MORE drifting? AND they didn't add the AE86... to a drift pack?!? Codemasters has clearly completely lost it. What the game needs is more GRIP cars. Not more sliding all over the place to magically go faster cars.
 
Top