GRID 2

RacerBest

Team Bugbear Member
WARNING:

On PS3 and Xbox 360 you CAN'T use Super Modified and Drift cars in online playlists! I bought both packs but then I noticed I can't use them in playlist so it's waste of money. :'(

This is because on PS3 and X360 it is optional to download the compatibility packs for these, so because everyone doesn't have the compatibility pack, the cars can not be used. I think in Steam they put the compatibility packs as update to the game, so everyone has them.

ratchet

Team Bugbear Member
I guess the the compatibility packs are optional on consoles because it would cost money to push them as title updates. Sucks for the console players though. The R32 and Impreza from the Super Modified pack are nice cars to use online.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
I started a new thread over at Codemasters forum:

GRRR, 5 lap race, only has 30 seconds to finish playlist race. :(

Purple44 wrote:

GRRRRR, just did a Race playlist race a little bit ago that was set to 5 laps. I finish 3rd ( after getting ram and working my way back ) but was DNF because timer ran out after 30 seconds!! :catmad:

I see in a custom host Codemasters listen to GRID community and host can set timer to 45s or 60s if host wants too. But how come Codies did not give more time to finish in playlist races that are long like a 5 lapper or some the longer point A to B races? We complain about the 5 lap touring car races in GRID not having a long enough finish timer ( only 30 seconds ), so a lot players DNF. Was hoping this time around this would not be a problem. :smileysad:

Have not seen this issue talk about yet in the forum, so I guess the next PC patch will not change 30 sec timer to at least 45 sec for long races.

Also I have seen what online players have posted before that player driving badly and crashing into things or going off track and uses a Flashback, does not look like player is losing any time using the Flashback. In Flatout 2 when you reset car, car is ghosted and has to re-accelerate the car, so using a reset does have a time penalty.

Purple44 wrote:

MicBlaze said:
wrote:

If you can't keep up better racers shouldn't be punished having to wait all day for the rest of you to finish. It doesn't really matter since you still get the same position you are in when the timer runs out.
A lot can happen in an extra 15 to 30 seconds to finish the race, I could lose my 3rd place position to the guy behind me before I cross the finish line if I had the extra time to finish the race. And if I'm the guy in 4th or 5th in a close race I still have a chance on getting a 3rd.

You not willing to give up 15 or 30 more seconds for the guys battling it out for 4th to enjoy there race too? I did not get many 1st place finishes in GRID 1, especially in a 5 lapper touring car race with the good players I race with online, but I was in the hunt for 3rd or 4th place.

I'm sure the racers down at the Yakima Speedway would love it if the race officail call the race over in 30 seconds after 1st place finisher cross the finish line. Who cares who finishes in 5th place?

Edit: I started racing online in 2005 with Flatout 1 ( with players that only allow clean racing in Flatout 1 ) and have had many races that I lost or won a position at the finish line over the years!! So I ask, please Codemasters give us enough time in the longer playlist races for most players to finish the race? At least 45 seconds, 60s be better.

In Flatout 2 and GRID 1, after you finish the race you could watch the other players finish the race. :smileyhappy:

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
RacerBest said:
@gridgame on Twitter just posted this:

Could it be derby arena maybe?
If that a pic of a demo derby figure 8 track, Codemasters will need to change some things online or this DLC will fail like DIRT Showdown did. Online you need an 8 lap race and wreckers need to be able to go backwards, no flashbacks\respawns and need to have 10-12 players. At least we have the 10-12 players online with GRID 2 to have a rip, roaring good time derby racing, but we will need the rest or a derby racing DLC will be a no buy for me.

A lot of posts on GRID facebook page think it a derby pic.

dbs213

Master Blaster
Holy crap could this be it? :eek:

But yeah they need to fix their online game so that the online community lasts as long as the first one did.

Anyway, can't wait for them to reveal it. It might be something to get me back in GRID 2, lacking motivation to play it these days.

ratchet

Team Bugbear Member
Purple44 said:
If your curious about how well PC GRID 2 sold compare to GRID 1, checkout my post that tries to answer this question:

Grid 2 sales 29% down on Grid 1 sales
Not trying to ignore your arguments from that thread, but there are lots of people who may not ever play further than the first race, also the game has trading cards now so there probably are a few people who bought cheap CD keys from eastern Europe just to get some of those stupid cards.

RacerBest

Team Bugbear Member
Very nice!!

But I don't understand why they can't add the DLC compatibility packs in the update for PS3 and Xbox 360 version. I want to use my DLC cars online. :(

Speedevil

I think they would have to pay more for updates if they do so.
But if they don't do it, I think nobody will buy their packs...

ratchet

Team Bugbear Member
Codemasters' forum post linked above said:
I can also confirm that we will be releasing two track packs in the future, these will feature two circuits many of you have been requesting.
So they are calling the DLC track packs, but they only are individual tracks? I'm hoping we get Spa-Francorchamps and Nürburgring Nordschleife.

Usmovers_02

Full time wrecker
That quote isn't worded very well. It could easily mean each pack will have 2 tracks or they only have 2 tracks planned period.

dbs213

Master Blaster
Unfortunately I think I'll have to side with everyone on that thread you linked Purple.
It's still gonna be shitty as heck since Codies don't give a darn to their customers much as like Capcom (so they say).

Unlike Bugbear on the other hand ;D

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Repost from Codemasters GRID 2 forum:

Found a way to win race wirh crappy T4 loaner car. :)

Was online today on Race Playlist and a T4 race come up and I get stuck with loaner car - Mercedes-Benz 722. At start of race I get going and pull over and let the 20-30 level players with the faster cars go by. About half way through race, I see cars disappearing from the track and I'm in 1st place with only 2 other players on the track, behind me, with 3 more laps to go. :eek:

I got an easy 1st. Made sure I did not drive to fast and wreck my car! Got $21000 for the win and level up to lvl 16. :)