GRID 2

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
RacerBest said:
SLR McLaren isn't that bad for loaner car, it's better than NSX-R tuned to tier 4. :)
Thanks for the tip. Got to thinking yesterday, I should upgrade a T3 car to T4 so I don't have to use loaner car. But right now I'm not at a level where I can upgrade a car to T4.

ratchet

Team Bugbear Member
The community patch will add mod support to GRID 2.

Changelog:
[quote author=Codemasters]Increased rewards in Custom Playlist
A new playlist titled ‘Hardcore’
Level cap raise to 99
Fastest lap times have been included for online play
A host of liveries previously restricted to single player will now be available in multiplayer
The maximum number of laps allowed in a race has been increased from 5 to 10
Veto weighting has been changed and now only requires 51% of the vote
Country flags have been included next a player’s name plate online
Reward for racing cleanly has been increased
A vote to kick option has been included
You can now skip the level up graphic
Modding Support v1.0 [PC Only]
Various bug fixes and background improvements

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
I got a pleasant surprise Saturday racing GRID 2 online. :)

Repost:

Finally found a GRID 2 car I like for online racing!

Purple44 wrote:

Just got done a bit ago with some good online racing with some Steam friends and a car that I can control most the time, even when it drifts and the brakes work. :smileyhappy: Car can still get away from me sometimes, sorry Rastus.

I would like to thank CR1ZZMO for steering me to a great car when I gave him a list of 3 cars and ask him which be the best car to buy. :smileyhappy:

Had some close racing with this car in a custom host with CR1ZZMO, PsyCowboy, Miatakias and Rastus. :smileyvery-happy:

But don't have time to do up a post, need to finish dinner and take a nap and go to work. Will post about this great car for online racing tomorrow. Felt like GRID 1 racing, but wasn't touring car racing! Think faster. :smileywink:

Purple44 wrote:

Ya some good racing yesterday MiatakiasGR. :smileyhappy:

Here a couple of pics of the car I fall in love with online yesterday:

This is a T3 car, the Ariel Atom 300 Supercharged I was able to buy yesterday and upgrade it.

Why I love this car? This is the first GRID 2 car I have race online and felt I had control of the car most of the time. The Atom is not too tail happy, but rearend does get loose sometimes, but this is the first car I been able to counter steer the drift and not lose control of the car ( most of the time yesterday ). Also this is the first car I have race online that the brakes WORK!! I can avoid some acceindents on the track now and less likely to rearend player in front of me when racing close! :smileyvery-happy:

Until yesterday, I did not see us racing bumper to bumper online with GRID 2. Now I have hope that close racing online with GRID 2 is possible with good players!! :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

Might have to go to a custom host to find a lobby full of good players wanting to race clean, thou. :smileywink:

Now that I have unlock good cars in 3 of the 4 tiers, I'm not so worry about eraning money to level up. And I'm getting to know the tracks, so I think I will start looking to join custom hosts now, especially if they are a T3 host.

Capt, we found the car to replace the Lacetti. Atom a little faster, but I think we can have some good close racing online with the Atom when you are ready to start hosting the "midnight club". I like going with the random start GRID when I hosted yesterday. Give everybody a shot at getting up front for the start of the race.

RacerBest

Team Bugbear Member
GRID 2 gets free derby DLC today on Xbox 360 and PC. Next week on PS3.

The pack has Jupiter Eagleray Mk5 car and two routes at Detroit Demolition Derby Stadium. Playable in singleplayer, splitscreen and online.

(Source, Steam http://store.steampowered.com/news/ )

Btw are these the same tracks that were in first GRID? I don't remember was it Detroit or not.

Edit:
Seems it's out already, and same track. So they just recycled it from GRID and put nothing new. :-\

Satsuma182

Yeah its the same track, only undergone visual changes and possibly scaled it up or down.

Its also worth a note that the cars feel very different to the original derby cars and what's more is the driving doesn't match the rest of the driving in GRID 2.

I've been playing it most of the night now and had a lot of full lobbies on the 360.

I'm thankful it has come out with the patch as I though I would be waiting much longer for the free DLC pack.

If you already have GRID 2 then jump online its certainly worth it.

if your one of the people that purposely didn't buy the game due to the lack of DD mode then you may be disappointed with the lack of variety so I wouldn't hurry into a purchase.

Usmovers_02

Full time wrecker
So not only did they just reuse the same tracks but they actually reduced the grid size. Bugbear, learn what not to do by watching Codemasters!