How can I install mods for FlatOut 1 on Steam?

Heddly

FOJ Supporter/Modder
Team Bugbear Member
I just thought of another problem, the Win10 files have a patch.ini included that will have to be edited or not used for the FOV3 mod to work.

FOV3 patch.ini
Code:
Archives = {
 [1] = "FOV3-Patches/fov3.bfs",
  [2] = "FOV3-Patches/fov3overrite.bfs",
}
Win10 patch.ini
Code:
Archives = {
 [1] = "patch1.bfs",
}
I think the patch1.bfs may already be a part of the FOV3 mod? Maybe try adding the patch1.bfs last would work if there is a problem.

Code:
Archives = {
  [3] = "patch1.bfs",
}
I don't have Win 10 so I can't do a test, If we find out what works I could make a patch for the FOV3 Gold Edition. :)

BugCar93

Heddly said:
I think the patch1.bfs may already be a part of the FOV3 mod? Maybe try adding the patch1.bfs last would work if there is a problem.

Code:
Archives = {
  [3] = "patch1.bfs",
}
I don't have Win 10 so I can't do a test, If we find out what works I could make a patch for the FOV3 Gold Edition. :)
Good news. Thanks to that tip right there, my game can now actually start and run properly.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Good to hear you got FOv3 mod working under Win10.

So guys, can we sum up how to get FOv3 mod to work with WIN10? :)

BugCar93

Purple44 said:

The platform maybe (if I’m using the right word), but I still have the 16 default in-game cars. Maybe I haven’t installed something for that yet. I’ll look into that later.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
BugCar93 said:
Purple44 said:

The platform maybe (if I’m using the right word), but I still have the 16 default in-game cars. Maybe I haven’t installed something for that yet. I’ll look into that later.
There no extra cars with the FOv3 mod, need to add custom cars.

Here one way to add some custom cars to the FOv3 mod: :D

Carpack for FOv3 Community Mod for Flatout 1

BugCar93

Here’s an update from me. I copied my game twice, each time for one of the 2 car packs from this forum thread. And they're both running well. And the cars are fascinating. I'll talk more about the cars later. Now as you can see from the screenshot, I’ve copied and modified the FlatOut game multiple times to have the car packs. Because of this, I went back into my Steam library, right clicked the “FlatOut” title, and created a whole new desktop shortcut, thus creating a whole new copy of the default game from scratch, regular, unmodded. But now, probably because of something that happened that I can’t remember from the modding process, I can’t even open the regular game, because a notice popped up saying “Failed to find Steam.” Is that an easy fix?

Heddly

FOJ Supporter/Modder
Team Bugbear Member
Have you tried not using the shortcut to run the game, it looks like you made a copy of the game, If it was me I would delete the shortcut and use Steam library to start the game.
If that didn't work I would reinstall FlatOut. Do your FOV3 installations work?

BugCar93

Heddly said:
Have you tried not using the shortcut to run the game, it looks like you made a copy of the game, If it was me I would delete the shortcut and use Steam library to start the game.
If that didn't work I would reinstall FlatOut. Do your FOV3 installations work?
Yeah, the FOV3 games work. And the cars are cool. And I tried it both ways, the shortcut AND the Steam library. It didn’t work either way.