How to add custom songs to flatout 2

ALEX_KING

add or replace?
both please. i really dislike lot of songs in flatout 2, especially wolf mother makes me wanna throw PC off of window. plus i will like to add music like highway to hell, etc. i do have GOG version, but one with no folders with data like music and such, just 3 files: fo2a.bfs, fo2b.bfs and fo2c.bfs. i tryed out this: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1259685664 but sadly did not worked. incompatibility with 64 bit system, and when i did runed it by "compatibility problem" button by right click (or how it is called in english) it did extracted, but that 3 .bfs files was still there, and editing playlists did not worked, new song wasnt playing (and i did menu re-started race lot of times), plus those i deleted from it (like that damned dimension by wolf mother) still played too. any help please ? love flatout, but lets be honest, soundtrack is something that everyone really have need to customize for ourselves. also, disabling music and playing it background is no option for me, because its just strange to alt tab game after every song ends. please help, need new music to otherwise best racing game.

Droid578

both please. i really dislike lot of songs in flatout 2, especially wolf mother makes me wanna throw PC off of window. plus i will like to add music like highway to hell, etc...
Надеюсь ты русский знаешь... Тут главная проблема в винде. Софтина bfs2unpacker работает с ошибкой на windows 10. На семерке все нормально

Droid578

Так ты вообще делаешь не правильно. Я не знаю какая версия GoG запакованная или распакованная. Для запакованной версии нужна прога BFSpack_V2.0( или 2.1) и дальше по инструкции

ALEX_KING

Так ты вообще делаешь не правильно. Я не знаю какая версия GoG запакованная или распакованная. Для запакованной версии нужна прога BFSpack_V2.0( или 2.1) и дальше по инструкции
thank you for ur time and reply my friend, but i dont speak russian, sorry. also thank u for video, i clicked on it, but file is for flat out ultimate carnage, but i have only flat out 2, also no on steam but from GOG installer.

Droid578

thank you for ur time and reply my friend, but i dont speak russian...
Lets begin.
1. You have in game folder files:
fo2a.bfs
fo2b.bfs
fo2c.bfs
its packed version of game. You need BFSpack_V2.0( или 2.1) - its bfs2pack by Karok.
2. Unpack arhive with this program in game folder (not neccesary, just its closer->faster). Run bfs2pack_gui.exe
3. Drag and drop file fo2a.bfs. Quote: "...If everything was done correctly, the folder appears "Data" Delete all folders in Data, except folders songs1, songs2, music.
4. Convert your mp3 music into OGG format.
5. In the folders \ Flatout 2 \ data \ songs1 and \ Flatout 2 \ data \ songs2 all the original tracks of the game. We put the finished audio file in OGG format in the SONGS2 folder under the name "37,38,39 etc" because the original tracks in the game 36.
6. In the folder \ Flatout 2 \ data \ music there is a file playlist_ingame. We open it with notepad and add our music tracks as in the file (I think you'll understand, there everything goes by examples). After you have added the necessary number of audio files, DO NOT FORGET! At the top of the file, change the "18" to the number that you eventually got out with the count of your tracks. (Added 5 tracks, hence 18 changes to 23, I think u understand.) ..." End of quote.

Sow, you have Data folder with three folders inside: songs1, songs2, music.
7. Run bfs2pack_gui.exe Drag and drop Data folder in program. Save new arhive like music.bfs
8. Open "filesystem" file in notepad and you ll see list
fo2a.bfs
fo2b.bfs
fo2c.bfs

Add the line "music.bfs"

fo2a.bfs
fo2b.bfs
fo2c.bfs
music.bfs

Notice: There MUST NOT be an empty last line!
Save the file

9. Play

P.S. sorry for my bad english.

Attachments

ALEX_KING

Lets begin.
1. You have in game folder files:
fo2a.bfs
fo2b.bfs
fo2c.bfs
its packed version of game. You need BFSpack_V2.0( или 2.1) - its bfs2pack by Karok.
2. Unpack arhive with this program in game folder (not neccesary, just its closer->faster). Run bfs2pack_gui.exe
3. Drag and drop file fo2a.bfs. Quote: "...If everything was done correctly, the folder appears "Data" Delete all folders in Data, except folders songs1, songs2, music.
4. Convert your mp3 music into OGG format.
5. In the folders \ Flatout 2 \ data \ songs1 and \ Flatout 2 \ data \ songs2 all the original tracks of the game. We put the finished audio file in OGG format in the SONGS2 folder under the name "37,38,39 etc" because the original tracks in the game 36.
6. In the folder \ Flatout 2 \ data \ music there is a file playlist_ingame. We open it with notepad and add our music tracks as in the file (I think you'll understand, there everything goes by examples). After you have added the necessary number of audio files, DO NOT FORGET! At the top of the file, change the "18" to the number that you eventually got out with the count of your tracks. (Added 5 tracks, hence 18 changes to 23, I think u understand.) ..." End of quote.

Sow, you have Data folder with three folders inside: songs1, songs2, music.
7. Run bfs2pack_gui.exe Drag and drop Data folder in program. Save new arhive like music.bfs
8. Open "filesystem" file in notepad and you ll see list
fo2a.bfs
fo2b.bfs
fo2c.bfs

Add the line "music.bfs"

fo2a.bfs
fo2b.bfs
fo2c.bfs
music.bfs

Notice: There MUST NOT be an empty last line!
Save the file

9. Play

P.S. sorry for my bad english.
hello. got problem. only bfspack thing i found on internet is this: https://www.playground.ru/flatout_ultimate_carnage/file/flatout_ultimate_carnage_bfspack_v2_1-910234 . does nothing. i extracted all of its content to game instalation folder, i did that step with bfs files, nothing. i do have "show hidden" option on file explorer allowed. theres no data file, and file u did ad here in coment was some .ini text document. am i doing something wrong ? also, i made mistake, i do not have gog version of game but one by NOSteam. anyway, got those files in game instalation folder: filesystem , flatout2.exe , fo2a.bfs , fo2b.bfs , fo2c.bfs , icon.ico , patch , patch1.bfs , update-flatout2.bat .

ALEX_KING

Maximum 50 songs or game will crash
okay, i found out what to do. i had to extract it on desktop. the problem i have now is that songs have damaged sound. they works, but i can hear tehy are damaged. it will be not problem for me since i wanna replace almost all of em and can import new ones, but will they get damaged after making a file too ?

ALEX_KING

I really dont know. You have Win 10?
yeah, win 10, 64 bit. intel core i7 and 8 gb ram (just writing in case its important). i do now have version from gog installer, but it is that bfs file one too. how annoying. i really need to replace those music. i think i just gonna give up on flatout. i love its gameplay, driving model and damage model, but music there is mostly annoying.

Droid578

yeah, win 10, 64 bit.... i love its gameplay, driving model and damage model, but music there is mostly annoying.
So, lets do this: give me a list you famous song and i do mod for you. Then i ll posted it in yandex/mega/ other site and you may download this mod. Ok?

ALEX_KING

So, lets do this: give me a list you famous song and i do mod for you. Then i ll posted it in yandex/mega/ other site and you may download this mod. Ok?
sorry, for late reply, was in shower. thank u for kind offer buddy, but im actually editing music throught audacity. could send u a zip file with ready to do so music, but it will take some time, if thats not much of a problem ?