I need Flatout Track Editor!

iTom33.ro

I want to make tracks form Flatout, using Flatout Track Editor, but I can't download it.
I tried to download from Software Informer, but the site asks my email to send me a link when the library is updated. I didn't get a link to download the program because the site didn't find a link.
I can't wait for the link to update because the author may be abandoned the program.
So, if anybody has Flatout Track Editor and want to send me to download, It was perfect.
Thanks.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Hi, give my post #14 here a look, for a link to Flatout Track Editor:

Have to warn ya, you on your own trying make custom tracks for Flatout 1. That was a long time ago. But in that post, there link to Flatout Joint archive, you may find some of my posts on tracking making for Flatout 1.

iTom33.ro

Thank you, Purple44.
Now, I want to download Flatout Track Editor for Blender. The problem is that the download link is in Flatout Joint site and the site doesn't exist anymore.
Can you send me an alternate download link or something Purple44?

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
For Flatout 2 track editor download link, go here:

You might be interested in this thread too:

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Ya that link no good. I did some searching and found the FO2_Dev folder I created when I did the Track Environment Setup.

I could upload the folder, it about 1 GB rar file if mediafire lets me upload it.

Do you want me to try this?

GulBroz

Master Blaster
Hi there,

Find FO2 track editor + documentation I made back in the day in following link... For installation, you can disregard what is said in documentation (aka. "Install FO2 track editor binary in Blender directory"), just extract archive BlenderFOJ_0.2e.7z and you're good to go.

This is the latest version (0.2e) I made (and it's possible it was never released - last one released was 0.2d IIRC) but I used it to make the "Hell Bowl" track, so it should work.

I don't know about FO1 tracks, for what I recall from the tests I made, file formats (among other things) changed between FO1 and FO2.

I not very optimistic about loading FO1 tracks with it... But you can try... If it works, lucky you, else I'm afraid I won't be able to provide any support with track editor. It's been 8 years now, and I don't think I will be able to rebuild it today (tools not available anymore), and I don't have time.

Last edited:

iTom33.ro

I have a problem. When I load a big map, the Blender close immediately.

The problem is solved.

Last edited:

iTom33.ro

Back to Flatout 1 Track Editor, I need Track Maps pack, which I can't download.
Instead, I tried to rename the lightmap1_w2.tga to lightmap1_w2.bmp, but when I open the program, it says 'Invalid picture'

Last edited:

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
See if this has what you looking for:

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
With Pav track editor, you are working with a program that run under WinXP. It possible Pav track editor don't like Win 10?

I may of had Pav track editor running under Vista.

Heddly

FOJ Supporter/Modder
Team Bugbear Member
Hello iTom33.ro, did you install the Microsoft .NET Framework v1.1 / v2.0, maybe try Compatability mode, also there is a file in the program folder that would get corrupted and you would have to delete it to get the FO Track Editor to run again, maybe Purple44 might remember which one it was.

Don't just rename the lightmap1_w2, it always worked fine with the .jpg format. You need to convert the file to .bmp, just renaming won't work.

(1). Before installing the FO Track Editor, you will need to have the following installed on your PC:

- Microsoft .NET Framework v1.1 / v2.0 installed.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&DisplayLang=en

Last edited: