Insane

dentaku

Weeked Smasher
Anybody remembers Insane? Was brilliant at its time. Insane 2 looks also not bad in videos, but I can't find a non-DRM version anywhere. And Steam doesn't allow me to install this windows game on my Linux machine.

ExxionNexxion

Team Bugbear Member
I played that game like crazy on my laptop because it was the only thing it could run. But it was a decent game when you put some mods into it.

Archie

Full time wrecker
Awesome game :D Been playing it since 2001 or something when it came out, still fire it up sometimes. One of the funniest LAN games for sure.
I still made some mods for it a while back, maybe i'll finish these someday ;)

Attachments

dbs213

Master Blaster
Archie said:
Awesome game :D Been playing it since 2001 or something when it came out, still fire it up sometimes. One of the funniest LAN games for sure.
I still made some mods for it a while back, maybe i'll finish these someday ;)
I need that Beetle...

Serenya

Weeked Smasher
Absolutely a great game, though needs some modding to last longer than just few days. I have had the most of the fun with the official DLC tractor and the unofficial Red Bull Roll It mod, but crawlers are also nice when find a suitable map for them. :D It's actually pretty surprising how well the physics work for crawling even though there's none in the stock game.

Archie

Full time wrecker
Yeah crawling used to be a big thing in the community, probably still is.

Haha, we used to have online races with the Tractor, bit dumb but fun ;)
Also the double decker bus was fun to try Return the Flag in with a friend, it's like slow-motion wrestling with cruise ships :D

The physics seem to go very far in what is possible in the game, there was the DLC aeroplane that flies for real, a friend made even a working boat in it (needed a special map tho)
I once made a test vehicle using tank-like controls, turning works with brake and handbrake locking wheels on each side and turning the vehicle. Steering wheel did absolutely nothing, i set it to 0 value. (also i modded a Suzuki minivan to turn all wheels 90 degrees, so it went sideways when turning :DD)
I was surprised the AI players could also drive these things, pretty well too! Aeroplanes were too much for them tho ;)

Serenya

Weeked Smasher
Archie said:
Yeah crawling used to be a big thing in the community, probably still is.

Haha, we used to have online races with the Tractor, bit dumb but fun ;)
Also the double decker bus was fun to try Return the Flag in with a friend, it's like slow-motion wrestling with cruise ships :D

The physics seem to go very far in what is possible in the game, there was the DLC aeroplane that flies for real, a friend made even a working boat in it (needed a special map tho)
I once made a test vehicle using tank-like controls, turning works with brake and handbrake locking wheels on each side and turning the vehicle. Steering wheel did absolutely nothing, i set it to 0 value. (also i modded a Suzuki minivan to turn all wheels 90 degrees, so it went sideways when turning :DD)
I was surprised the AI players could also drive these things, pretty well too! Aeroplanes were too much for them tho ;)
I remember everyone crying like "I WANT TO GO CRAWL!!!!!111111!!!!11" to the point when it became just annoying, but I still like to go crawl on Carnage map sometimes. And even a bit more often nowadays when I moved to the apartment and there's no proper places to go play around with an RC crawler.

The tractor is pretty fun to drift in Motocross map, just remember to type "greasy" in the main menu before that. :p
I found the double decker to be a pain on most of the maps due to its awkward lenght combined to the poor ground clearance. |D

I also remember the DLC plane, but it was pretty much a technical trick rather than useable vehicle.
Tank-like controls would work with a Bobcat or such things, but I think there's no way to mod working caterpillar tracks in vehicles. ???
And that minivan was hilarious, add the rising sun paintjob and you have a true ricer.