Is it possible to add more Ai to Flatout 2?

Fo2Forever

I added a new Ai to root/Data/Profile and to root/Flatout2/Profiles in the database and I changed in data/settings/cars the NumPlayers to 9 and the NumAiProfiles to 8, but when I start the game, the new Ai I added isn't there and the player count is still at 8 players. Did I miss something, can someone help me?

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Good luck in adding more AI to Flatout 2.

I don't remember if the coder guys at Flatout Joint ever tried to get more AI cars into FO2. I do know they tried get 12 player online with Flatout 1, but were unsuccessful.

Ultimate Carnage has 12 cars offlline, so could take a look at UC code?

frenchman

Hi,
I tried for a long time. ( https://vk.com/wall380786717_153 )
I never succeeded.
( create more ai... modification of "levels" "levels result" ''loadaiprofiles.bed'' ... ... almost all scripts !
also the database ! but always 8 players (7 ai) )

Good luck, i wish you success !

Fo2Forever

a lot of stuff to edit, not what I expected. Thanks for the replies guys, I will try it.
Has anyone actually made it to add more Ai?

Fo2Forever

What I know is that someone added the Singleplayer Ai to Multiplayer, but he doesn't want to share the mod or how he did it.

frenchman

I added a new Ai to root/Data/Profile and to root/Flatout2/Profiles in the database and I changed in data/settings/cars the NumPlayers to 9 and the NumAiProfiles to 8, but when I start the game, the new Ai I added isn't there and the player count is still at 8 players. Did I miss something, can someone help me?
perhaps by forcing, with SingleRaceOptions (once its files are rewritten).Capture.PNG

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Are you able to look at UC files and see how Bugbear did 12 cars offline?

Fo2Forever

Yes, but I can't find other scripts for the Ai. Except the ones in the db and from the SingleRaceOptions edited scripts. I found menu related stuff like data/scripts/loadingscreens ai1, ai2... or in the menu folder ai poses and so on. I opened almost all scripts in Fo2 and Uc and searched for the word AI or Jack(for Jack Benton) but it couldn't find anything related to ai. Should I look for it again or do you guys have any more ideas?

frenchman

maybe loadAIprofiles ? (and/or number of players at race ... results race ... position of aiplayers on track .................... ? ) .

if I could have found ... the solution would be in a bfs file ^^

good luck to you.

Attachments

Fo2Forever

Yeah, maybe I have to edit all the tracks and make more spawnpoints, which I can't do... I will try to figure it out. Thanks you both again for your help :).

Purple44 I had one more question from you, I know this has more to do with Wreckfest, but since you are a really talented map maker, how hard and how long would it take to remake some Fo2 maps for Wreckfest? And what Tools do you use to make your tracks?

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
"Yeah, maybe I have to edit all the tracks and make more spawnpoints, which I can't do... I will try to figure it out. Thanks you both again for your help :). "

I forgot about that, you would need to add 4 more startpoints to each track so cars 9, 10, 11,and 12 have a correct place to start or these 4 cars would respawn on top of one the other cars!

Maybe just do 1 track with 12 startpoints and use that track as your test loading track. No since doing all tracks yet if can't get FO2 to load 12 cars?

I cheat and use stock Wreckfest tracks or one of End's Very TrackPack tracks ( thanks End :) ) and then remove barriers and objects that are in my way of my new track idea. Then I do up new aisectors to match my route and new startpoints and then add checkpoints so you can't cheat my track.

Ya only way get Flatout tracks into Wreckfest, is to make them from scratch. MarcellusW and FredReset did a couple of Flatout 2 tracks, like Speedbowl:

Speedbowl

MarcellusW was working on a new FO2 track last year, but did not get finish.

There a lot to learn on how make a track with 3D Max or Blender and take a lot more time to do 1 track. But if interested, can go over to Wreckest Discord modding channel and talk to the modders there. We help 2 new track modders do their first WF track. :)

https://discord.gg/wreckfest

ALso there some track making threads here in modding section. I got a few like these 2:

Purple44 custom track WIP page.

Guide to how to make a new track using an existing Wreckfest stock track.

Be sure check any track making thread done by End: Search results | Bugbear Community (bugbeargames.com)

Fo2Forever

Thanks for the info, I joined the discord server and will take a look to the threads you send :), 3D Max costs money right?