Is there ANY reason to play Flatout 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usmovers_02

Full time wrecker
I played the launch version and it was just terrible (what a unique opinion, huh?). But I DID like the various avatars you could use as your driver. I like it when games let you add a bit of personality to the experience. So has the game become more playable since launch? Any redeeming qualities I might have missed? Seriously, I wouldn't waste a $1 on that game the way it was at launch.

RacerBest

Team Bugbear Member
Not worth playing, they changed the feel of driving a bit but it's still almost same and they abandoned the game quickly.

Usmovers_02

Full time wrecker
Even if it is moddable there really aren't enough people playing the game to make modding it worth while.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Usmovers_02 said:
I played the launch version and it was just terrible (what a unique opinion, huh?). But I DID like the various avatars you could use as your driver. I like it when games let you add a bit of personality to the experience. So has the game become more playable since launch? Any redeeming qualities I might have missed? Seriously, I wouldn't waste a $1 on that game the way it was at launch.
It a real shame that publisher Strategy First push Flatout5 ( Flatout 3 ) out before Christmas as a beta. If Team6 would of be given the time to finish Flatout5 and if the Flatout community ( that ask Team6 to make a new Flatout since Bugbear had gone quiet for 3 years ) had gotten to beta test FO5 to iron out the game play and tested the online, Flatout5 could of turn out to be a game worth buying and gave us at Flatout Joint something worth modding.

I did enjoy doing derby online on the Ice Lake. :)

Here some Flatout 3 online derby action.

And there was a couple of cars I like, especially when add a skin from Heddly. ;D

And I did like the surprise of a train taking me out the first time it happen. :eek:

69Imperial

fuk tha mods #yolo #smdmajatek
Master Blaster
^ Obviously paid off by them. This game is ass, plain and simple. That skin they made....I laughed. Hard.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
69Imperial said:
^ Obviously paid off by them. This game is ass, plain and simple. That skin they made....I laughed. Hard.
I take it you are referring to this skin made by Team6, not Heddly skins?

"Obviously paid off by them." I can see how some people might think this, since I was in contact with Ronnie from Team6 from the beginning.

69Imperial, have you read through the Flatout5 thread? This is my first post I did after getting to tryout Flatout 3 offline and online when FO3 got release, Dec 14 - page 5:

Purple44 link=topic=2545.msg22685#msg22685 date=1323856311 said:
Online need a lot work. Flatout 3 online will be dead in a month the way it is now. :(

Flatout 3 still a beta, can not recommend buy FO3 the way it is now.

Team6/Strategy First should of let some of us Flatout maniacs beta test FO3 before release. I don't know if Team6 can salvage this bad release now. :(

Team6 did deliver good enough Flatout 2 Graphics for me, so that not an issue for me. If Team6 would of beta with some of us, we would of pointed out the many problems we saw tonight online.

Here link to online problem thread I started over at Steam Flatout forum:

Team6/Strategy First should of let us beta FO3 before releasing it! :(

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2289197

This is what I posted on Dec 6 before the release of FO3 over at the Steam Flatout forum:

Flatout 3 Chaos & Destruction on Steam?

I was hoping us at Flatout Joint would get a chance to beta test Flatout 3, but that did not happen. I would have like to give you guys a review, but I only got to see some screenshots of the game.

For some history on the development of Flatout 3, give these 2 threads a read:

Want a new Flatout for the PC? If yes, then we need your help.
http://flatoutjoint.com/index.php?op...6&topic=2206.0

Flatout5 discussion here:
http://flatoutjoint.com/index.php?op...6&topic=2545.0

Now lets see if I can answer some questions.

chris_coma said:
Watch out - Flatout 3 will be one of the worst games ever. 100%. Strategy First + Team 6 Games... They want to trick you and steal your hard-earned cash, you'll be very very disappointed with this crap. Watch trailer. Then watch trailer for FO:UC. Do they really think we are that stupid?!?
Don't spoil holidays, guys, I believe in you.
If you want the eye candy of UC and can not live without it, then you should take a pass on Flatout 3. I ask Team6 if they had gotten the Ultimate Carnage code from Bugbear and was told they did not get any code. All Zoo Games and now new publisher Strategy First got from Empire Interactive ( Flatout 1 and 2 publisher then went belly up ), was the right to use the Flatout name.

Team6 had to write all their own code from scratch and they promise to deliver better graphics than what the weak Wii could do for Flatout Wii version.

I expect Flatout 2 level graphics in Flatout 3. I will be happy enough with FO 2 graphics if Team6 get the fun of Flatout game play right. If you want to derby online and do some Figure 8 derby racing where you going to go? ( I ask for some figure 8 tracks, hope they are there )

Flatout 2 getting old ( 5 years ), even with all the mods and GRID derby racing is no more online since the online servers been turn off.

Dec 7:

Purple44;26808113 said:
I share your guys concern with Team6 and their previous work. From the very beginning I warn Ronnie where the bar would be set if Team6 did a new Flatout for the PC:

That great Team6 will get to do a PC version of Flatout 2, but I got to warn your team, PC players will expect the graphic quality and game play of at least BugBears' Flatout 2 and would prefer the eye candy of Ultimate Carnage. Just looking at the posts at FOJ about your new Wii version:

+++No worries, the PC version will be all new. No Wii-limitations while developing assets. The Wii has a 700Mhz cpu, and I don't think the old Carnage (or even FlatOut 1...) runs on such hardware :)

I got my fingers cross that Team6 delivers the feel of Flatout and the graphics of Flatout 2. Team6 did try and raise the bar with Flatout 3. We got new modes like night time racing and true offroad racing like my Hazzard Hollow track. And we got monster trucks.

One advantage of having Flatout 2 level graphics, we are getting 16 player races and 24 player derbys online!! :)

This will be the deciding factor for me, how well Flatout 3 plays online and did Team6 give us the hosting options I ask for. Pretty much I want the online options we got with Faltout 2.

Blur gave us PC players 20 player chaos racing online, but Bizarre gave us a console port with no proper wheel support or text chat. So game die off in about 2 months.

Got email back from Ronnie with some answers:

1. So far I see only Steam has Flatout 3, will there be a DVD disk version or will downloading digital version be the only way to get your hands on Flatout 3? Getting Flatout 3 listed on Steam a very good move!
+++There will be a DVD version BUT publisher decided to go for a games for windows version for retail. Not our choice! If i were you, get yourselves the Steam version..

Note: I believe this mean that Strategy First will have certification "Games for Windows" logo. Game is Windows friendly. Do not confuse this with the evil "Games for Window LIVE" logo!

2. ( Steam forum ) Does Flatout 3 use Streamworks for the online client?
+++Yes.

3. ( Steam forum ) Is there multiplayer play over a LAN connection? No having to go online.
+++No, you have to be online connected to Steam with the Steam version of the game.

HenkkaWRC

Its funny that I am a Flatout fanboy and I heard that FO3 has came out about year after the release date. :/ And after watching couple of minutes some gameplay I realized why. :D It is a shame that Bugbear sold the series. It would be so cool to see some all-time fan-favourite Flatout cars in the Next Car Game as some kind of DLC. Well... you cant allways win. :(

ExxionNexxion

Team Bugbear Member
HenkkaWRC said:
Its funny that I am a Flatout fanboy and I heard that FO3 has came out about year after the release date. :/ And after watching couple of minutes some gameplay I realized why. :D It is a shame that Bugbear sold the series. It would be so cool to see some all-time fan-favourite Flatout cars in the Next Car Game as some kind of DLC. Well... you cant allways win. :(
Bugbear didn't sell the series. Empire Interactive, BB's old publisher, went bankrupt and had to sell the FlatOut name and rights to another publisher to pay off some debt.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
HenkkaWRC said:
Ok. So it's Empires fault. :mad:
And new publisher Strategy First, screwed the Flatout community by releasing Flatout5 ( FO 3 ) as a beta. Before Team6 got a chance to finish the game. :(

I'm glad this time around their no publisher to screw things up. Hopefully Bugbear can take the time they need to get things right with NCG, before releasing finish game.

Usmovers_02

Full time wrecker
Based on what I played no amount of further development of that game could have made it a passable FO game. They needed to start over completely and get the rights to the FO resources and assets.

WolfSkyline

I have a life outside of posting in forums
Team Bugbear Member
The only reason to play it, is too have a goofy laugh of how less it is a flatout game and more like bad action movie sequences.

KazzyMac

Unce Unce Wub-wub-wub
Team Bugbear Member
Purple44 said:
HenkkaWRC said:
Ok. So it's Empires fault. :mad:
And new publisher Strategy First, screwed the Flatout community by releasing Flatout5 ( FO 3 ) as a beta. Before Team6 got a chance to finish the game. :(

I'm glad this time around their no publisher to screw things up. Hopefully Bugbear can take the time they need to get things right with NCG, before releasing finish game.
Bugbear could release their Alpha Sneak Peek as the finished NCG and it would be infinitely better than FO3. In fact, it IS infinitely better than FO3. The Sneak Peek is a better game than anything SF could have done - and it's not even a game, it's a tech demo.

:D

Just goes to show that Bugbear know what they're doing, and that there's no way they can ham it up if they keep going the way they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.