Is there ANY reason to play Flatout 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bineboy

Weeked Smasher
Well, I don't know if this is appropriate to ask, but does anybody know why FO3 was not developed by Bugbear? Did Bugbear refuse to do it or was it taken away from it?

Cornkid

Yada Yada - Actions speak louder
Full time wrecker
bineboy said:
Well, I don't know if this is appropriate to ask, but does anybody know why FO3 was not developed by Bugbear? Did Bugbear refuse to do it or was it taken away from it?
Empire Interactive Publishers had rights to the name "Flatout" but when they went bankrupt the title was bought by a new publisher who originally wanted to make a Nintendo wii version of the game.
team 6 were already making the wii game and then attempted to do a pc version is my understanding.

Never played it, I saw enough youtube reviews to steer well clear.

Ozozer

I am bad at English
Full time wrecker
Flatout 3.. Only game in flatout series, that was not made by bugbear.
Finnish quality is really noticeable! :D

Eurotrash

Full time wrecker
Flatout 3 never existed. Period.

Team6 have always made crappy racing games, they just happened to accidentally name this one "Flatout".

Usmovers_02

Full time wrecker
Man, I remember being SO excited when I first saw that thread. I definitely posted a few ideas on their page too and it SEEMED like they were listening but... yeah no.

Eurotrash

Full time wrecker
Usmovers_02 said:
Man, I remember being SO excited when I first saw that thread. I definitely posted a few ideas on their page too and it SEEMED like they were listening but... yeah no.
Yet, now when Bugbear is actually making a new game you want it to be borefied with realism...

Ultradar.

Weeked Smasher
FO3 just went arcadey. Terrible graphics, terrible physics, car control is terrible, terrible career(There wasn't one which just killed replayability) I wish it was burned in a fire before it could be released.

Eurotrash

Full time wrecker
Ultradar. said:
FO3 just went arcadey. Terrible graphics, terrible physics, car control is terrible, terrible career(There wasn't one which just killed replayability) I wish it was burned in a fire before it could be released.
Flatout was always arcade *facepalm*

Ultradar.

Weeked Smasher
FO 1, 2 and UC were arcade games but in a fun way. These just went all out terrible arcade machine. By Arcade machine I mean

Adenru

Full time wrecker
FlatOut 3 went further than FlatOut 2 in the same direction FlatOut 2 went from FlaOut 1.

Usmovers_02

Full time wrecker
Eurotrash said:
Usmovers_02 said:
Yet, now when Bugbear is actually making a new game you want it to be borefied with realism...
Lol. You're really stuck on this issue aren't you? What I personally want is a sequel to FO:UC but that isn't what they're doing. They're going the FO1 route which is perfectly fine because I loved that too. The FO games FEEL realistic though they are not. I want NCG to feel realistic too w/o actually being realistic.

Eurotrash

Full time wrecker
Usmovers_02 said:
Lol. You're really stuck on this issue aren't you? What I personally want is a sequel to FO:UC but that isn't what they're doing. They're going the FO1 route which is perfectly fine because I loved that too. The FO games FEEL realistic though they are not. I want NCG to feel realistic too w/o actually being realistic.
How about you wait for them to tell us exactly what they're doing hmm? So far it's just a game with two tracks, two cars and an arena. Nothing that indicates what the game will be like in the future.

I couldn't give a lesser crap what people want if I knew that Bugbear ignored us all (which they should). But if there's a small chance that Bugbear will actually develop this game the way we want it, you can bet your ass I'll stand against anybody who wants the game to become a freaking Gran Turismo clone.

Usmovers_02

Full time wrecker
Lol. Wow Eurotrash. I'd suggest you watch some of the videos BB has posted but I know you already have. You do realize that FO1 wasn't a sim right? You also realize that pretty much nobody is asking for a true sim... right?!?

Ultradar.

Weeked Smasher
Usmovers_02 said:
Lol. Wow Eurotrash. I'd suggest you watch some of the videos BB has posted but I know you already have. You do realize that FO1 wasn't a sim right? You also realize that pretty much nobody is asking for a true sim... right?!?
I'm not asking for a sim. But something as close as possible would be nice. Something that goes into a lot of detail but can also be easily accessible to a person with no prior knowledge of what anything does. A long paragraph to describe what things do were missing from all the other Racing Sims.

It won't be a GT clone as it's already too far from that in the fact that it's a derby game with an advance damage engine.

Eurotrash

Full time wrecker
Usmovers_02 said:
No I don't. So far I've heard only "it doesn't fit in the game" or "it's not realistic" whenever anybody suggested anything even remotely interesting or creative.

Frisker

Weeked Smasher
Eurotrash said:
Usmovers_02 said:
No I don't. So far I've heard only "it doesn't fit in the game" or "it's not realistic" whenever anybody suggested anything even remotely interesting or creative.
Eurotrash said:
Usmovers_02 said:
How about you wait for them to tell us exactly what they're doing hmm? So far it's just a game with two tracks, two cars and an arena. Nothing that indicates what the game will be like in the future.

I couldn't give a lesser crap what people want if I knew that Bugbear ignored us all (which they should). But if there's a small chance that Bugbear will actually develop this game the way we want it, you can bet your ass I'll stand against anybody who wants the game to become a freaking Gran Turismo clone.
Say what? No one has said that they want this to be utterly realistic.. And with that "everything remotely creative or interesting doesn't fit into the game or isn't realistic" - you're talking about the nitro again, aren't you?

Eurotrash

Full time wrecker
Frisker said:
Say what? No one has said that they want this to be utterly realistic.. And with that "everything remotely creative or interesting doesn't fit into the game or isn't realistic" - you're talking about the nitro again, aren't you?
No they just said they want it to be 99% realistic.

And I'm talking about a lot of things,. Nitro, freedrive, livery creator, etc...

Frisker

Weeked Smasher
Eurotrash said:
Frisker said:
No they just said they want it to be 99% realistic.

And I'm talking about a lot of things,. Nitro, freedrive, livery creator, etc...
I got no idea what you're talking about buddy... They want it to be "Flatout 1 realistic". It was semi realistic regarding physics and vehicle handling, and that they want to experience again with new hardware.

And the nitro matter is pretty much discussed already, freedrive, maybe could fit, maybe not, depends on how it's done but imo it wouldn't be needed in derby game. Livery creator - well that's something I'd love. I could finally create my frisking ride ;D

And Euro, I really have nothing against you, I'd love to be friends with everyone but seriously, you seem bit too ignorant pretty much all the time. You attack every opinion harsly if it's not agreeing with you, and if you want something, you wont stop until you get it. And that's a skill too, learn to stop asking for something when clearly majority is against it, especially without any proper arguments.

And please, I don't want flamewar.(Even though I understand that this post may trigger one.. perhaps I should think what i post too)

Status
Not open for further replies.